Let´s talk about Boxing | Page 120 | FerrariChat

Let´s talk about Boxing

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Zzono, Dec 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    How did you go mate? Did Krusher end up coming over for that BBQ? :D

2. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    My sister hasn't had time to even plan anything. Both her kids are going away to college this week and she has been busy. I think ill put pressure on her after she gets back from settling them in at Notre Dame.

3. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    So I went to my sister's house tonight to say goodbye to my nephew and niece before they leave to college tomorrow morning, and check out what I see next door.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

andrewecd likes this.
  4. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Sublte... real subtle ;)

5. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Yea, Nobody will know it's him.

6. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    What the hell is "our classy" Hwt champ doing????? Wilder is stooping as low as a Shannon Briggs, or heck, even a Clubber Lang.
    I just don't think AJ would do this.

7. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    No worries man, that's ok. :)

8. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Lol, nice!! Real nice! :D

Hey, at least no one will **** with it. :p

What suburb does he live in Armen?

9. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Being a natural born Australian and part of the Commonwealth, I can safely say that Tyson Fury actually said, "I will knock you out tosser!" Not dosser. :D

We call people tossers all the time here in Australia as they do over in the UK. When someone is being a jerk or an ass, we call them wankers or tossers.

And nope, I don't see AJ doing anything like this. Although I definitely see Fury, Wilder and a few other Heavyweights gate crashing AJ's party when the time comes to fight them.

Fury is fighting in Northern Ireland this weekend and Wilder did say he will be sitting ringside. So expect to see a video post fight when Wilder gets in the ring to make some noise. Will be good for a laugh I am sure. :D

10. andrewecd

andrewecd Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Fight 2 almost here.
    Both looked great at the weigh in. Canelo especially. Hopefully he avoided that "contaminated cow meat".
    Could this be the big record of title defences for GGG coming up?
    Can Canelo do the damage early or does he have another plan? Can't wait to find out.

Ferraripilot likes this.
  11. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Canelo lost a ton of muscle mass since having been busted from being on the stuff. I think he'll gas out 4-5th round and get KO'd by 9th. Gambling odds have GGG way up as well.

12. andrewecd

andrewecd Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Just watched the 2017 fight again. "free" on main event..haha. What a great fight it was. Can't wait for this one, love the middle weights!!

13. andrewecd

andrewecd Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    ...and then AJ next week at home. 11 years difference with Povitkin with AJ in his prime. AJ to win.

14. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I have GGG to win again easily on points. :)

And AJ to win with an easy TKO. :)

15. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I'm putting it on paper. GGG round 10 TKO
    But my heart wants Canelo to Whup his arse (can I say that)?

andrewecd likes this.
  16. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    You can say that. :D

TKO? Maybe! :D

17. andrewecd

andrewecd Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Definitely! Mid to 3/4 Canelo always seems to struggle so maybe he will go down then. ….but I am hoping Canelo will get GG early.
    Now for the big question. It's a beautiful day here and have the afternoon free so I do take the 488 out for a blast and watch a replay later (not knowing who won) or pay for the fight and watch live??

18. andrewecd

andrewecd Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    These 2 just have to fight again until someone gets KO'd. Points decision is irrelevant now for me.

Ferraripilot likes this.
  19. andrewecd

andrewecd Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Floyd and Manny going to go at it again.
    First comment I hear from Floyd..."another 9 figure pay day baby" Such a humble guy.

20. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Great fight, but another GGG robbery. I had it 7-5 GGG. By the numbers, G landed 80 (!!!!) more punches than Canelo. Sadly, there is no possible way GGG was ever going to win the decision, he has to KO Canelo to win against him, which at this level with their chins is very rare. Canelo's trainer told him in the 9th or 10th, "you're not going to knock him out, he's just too strong". G probably figured it out by then as well, both have iron chins.

Canelo is just too much of a cash cow, decisions going to him are much better for business than giving it to the better boxer who brings a smaller and less zombie-like fanbase. If GGG were bringing Floyd-like PPV buys then the decision would be his all day. I HATE that boxing at the top PPV level is such a corrupt a business. Money money money wins the decisions. 80% of the pundits and professionals have this 7-5 or 8-4 for GGG, which further supports this nonsense.

The closest fight GGG has ever had was against Jacobs. Great fight, but that guy didn't make weight either and was just huge, and he still was knocked down once in the 4th, but he put up a heck of a fight.

21. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I agree it was a great fight, but I don't think GGG was in any way robbed (and I'm a fan of his and I've followed him for several years). I look at the 80 more punches GGG threw as nothing more than his trying to keep Canelo from running him over for the first 8 rounds. They didn't produce much effect in terms of beating Alverez up. Canelo controlled the fight from the first bell until the end of the 8th round - minus the 4th which was a coin toss. Canelo leaned in and consistently took the fight to Golovkin every step of the way through round 8. He landed 143:116 power punches and 46:6 power body shots. While GGG produced a miraculous turn around and went on a serious offensive in rounds 9 through 11, by then the damage was done on the score cards and he would have had to have a KO to win. At that point I think he took too many body shots and was too gassed to produce one. Alverez also has a better chin than most of the guys GGG has KO'd in the past which didn't help his cause...

22. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    I have yet to see the fight but from what I've read it was a close one. Clearly Golovkin, based on their last meeting, could not afford to make this fight "close." He really needed to dominate Canelo and apparently that wasn't the case. One thing for sure. A trilogy is probably in order for the big money grab. They don't call it "prize" fighting for nothing.

23. andrewecd

andrewecd Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Here is a great vid. Great memories and 2 great guys...and "the" upper cut.

24. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

I wonder what the ring entrances will be. Will the two 40 somethings need walkers to make it into the ring? Who on earth would pay for this fight? Oh wait, plenty of suckers did last time, they were washed up then, they are geriatric now. Plus Mayweather is the most boring fighter in boxing history. His return to the ring was easily predictable due to his spending habits.

25. andrewecd

andrewecd Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Yes, ridiculous. The only good outcome of this fight would be when Money's head hits the canvas and stays there.

TestShoot likes this.