News

Let´s talk about Boxing

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Zzono, Dec 13, 2008.

1. PAP 348

PAP 348 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Apparently the GGG VS Derevyanchenko might be in contention for fight of the year. :eek:

And they reckon the 10th round of their title fight could be in the round of the year. :eek:

I might have to watch the replay of this one. :D

2. PAP 348

PAP 348 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Lol, crazy. :D

3. Surfah

Surfah Formula 3

Dec 20, 2011
    Great fight way better than I expected. GGG took some big shots to the body from Derevyanchenko who had a pretty successfull blueprint. I thought the fight was super close and could have gone either way. Derevyanchenko fought with nothing to lose after getting dropped in the 1st round and taking a nasty cut to the right brow later on. His cutman did a great job keeping him in the fight. GGG looked like he has lost a step but rumors are he was recovering from the flu or a cold. I believe Derevyanchenko deserves an immediate rematch since Canelo is ducking GGG. Otherwise GGG vs Demetrius Andrade is a compelling matchup.

Graz and PAP 348 like this.
  4. PAP 348

PAP 348 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I agree with all of that. Was a great fight, I watched the replay. Derevyanchenko definitely fought with nothing to lose. :)

I would like to see a rematch, but I would also like to see GGG fight someone else. Andrade would be a good match up also.

GGG VS Canelo III?? Yeah, could be a good fight. But if GGG doesn't KO Canelo then I fear he will lose again. :(

Apparently GGG was ill leading up and in the fight, but he fought on of course. Eddie Hearn made that statement.

Surfah likes this.
  5. PAP 348

PAP 348 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  6. Graz

Graz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Thomas

Derevyanchenko put up a good fight but did you see his face after the fight! If GGG had the flu its amazing he was able to get through 12 rounds with that kind of action. We're so used to seeing GGG dominate that its a little weird to see him have a misstep. He still won but it was a good competitive fight.

PAP 348 likes this.
  7. PAP 348

PAP 348 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Spot on brother. :)

8. Surfah

Surfah Formula 3

Dec 20, 2011
  9. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    So stupid of Spence. I recently lost respect of him, now even more.
    He is ducking Crawford.