Let´s talk about Boxing | Page 150 | FerrariChat

Let´s talk about Boxing

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Zzono, Dec 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Correct, Ugas wasn't throwing anywhere near as many punches as Spence was. :)

But did you notice when Ugas went to the body Spence would buckle up? He did not take those body shots well.

If they did have a rematch and Ugas went to the body as much as he possibly could, then maybe he could create some opportunities to let his hands fly at Spence's head. :D

Spence called out Crawford next. That should be an amazing fight!

Graz likes this.
  2. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    koisokok likes this.
  3. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Anybody picking the winner of tonight's Valdez vs. Stevenson fight? I believe Stevenson has the skill but Valdez has the will. Should be a good one.

Ivan Drago likes this.
  4. Ivan Drago

Ivan Drago Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2021
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Ivan Drago
    I believe Shakur will win that fight. Oscar can make it a tough fight on him if he goes to the body early, but I don't think he will be able to keep up with Shakur for the entirety. As a side note, one of the guys I train with is fighting on the prelims of the Taylor vs Serrano card tonight, which is exciting. I hope he wins, but he is betting underdog.

BTW - great to see such an active boxing forum on this site! I have been a boxing fan since I was a little child. I have great memories watching fights with my late father. I am 31 now, and continue to watch fights religiously. In fact, my 9 month old son watch a little bit of the Fury v Whyte match with me while his mother was away at a bachelorette party last weekend :cool:. Very happy to be a part of this community. Thanks for having me!

Graz likes this.
  5. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    I was disappointed in Valdez's performance Saturday but I think Stevenson had a lot to do with that. :). Oscar kept covering up for the entire fight and not letting his hands go. He really needed to press Shakur just as he presses every other one of his opponents. It was a pretty easy win for Stevenson because of it. Oscar's team has to go back to the drawing board and assess their strategy for this one. We should see an improved Valdez next time around. He's no quitter, that's for sure.

Ivan Drago likes this.
  6. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I was in Vegas. I put $100 on Valdez to straight up win. He was +550. I thought i had a great chance to win. I guess I was wrong.
    He was just too sloppy. You could see it from the opening bell.

7. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Ivan Drago likes this.
  8. Ivan Drago

Jul 14, 2021
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Ivan Drago
    It’s a beautiful day, boys! Canelo v Bivol has arrived, and dare I say that Bivol is a much more live fish than I believe the Vegas odds suggest he is (+400 last I checked).

To top it off, I had a beautiful sparring session this morning with a very talented southpaw (which doesn’t happen very often), and I was able to get a lot of work in. I’ll be taking my first fight with USA Boxing sometime later this year for fun (I will only do 1 or 2 because I don’t need the brain damage, but I have always wanted to do it).

Anyway, back to the fight. We will know if Bivol has a chance by the end of the 2nd round. I know he spoke to Kovalev (he said this maybe a month or two ago) about what kind of opponent Canelo is. I hope he did not take his game plan… Bivol cannot expect to jab Canelo all night and get the victory, although he is not that kind of fighter and I do not expect him to. He will need to bully him and put the pressure on him right away. Smith and Kovy both had size advantages in terms of reach and both fought like the smaller fighter once they got close. GGG/Cotto both bullied Canelo when they got close and had the most success. It’s probably not fair to use cotto as an example since Canelo was only around 19 or so, but whatever. Bivol needs to use his slick but heavy handed 1-2, go to the body early and often, back Canelo up and put his weight on him when they get into the clinch. Don’t expect him to win on cards if it goes to that unless he scores some knockdowns along the way.

Let’s see! Sorry for any grammar errors, typing from mobile while out for a walk. Very excited for the fight in a few hours time. Hope it’s a good one, and hoping that Bivol can pull it off. :)

PAP 348 likes this.
  9. Ivan Drago

Jul 14, 2021
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Ivan Drago
    115-113 is closer than I thought it should have been, but they got the right winner

PAP 348, Graz and koisokok like this.
  10. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Thanks for sharing Ivan, let us know how your fights go man. :)

11. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Yes!! Was a good fight and the right man won for sure. :)

Canelo wants the rematch and I am pretty sure it will end the in the same result for him.

Congrats to Bivol!! :)

12. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Pap, you see this?
    Terrance Crawford's daughter loses a shoe in the 200 meter, stops, goes back, puts it on, catches up and wins:

13. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Cheers man, never saw this but will check it out. :D

14. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Yep, she's a winner just like her Daddy. :D

15. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  16. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Watched it last night. Probably one of his best performances. Charlo was Crisp and Reflexes were ON THE MONEY. I never liked giving him credit. I was hoping he was going to lose, but can't deny him an AMAZING victory against one tough Castano.

How About Jaron "Boots" Ennis? The guy just keeps getting Better and Better. Watch out 147 division.

Graz likes this.
  17. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I think so too man, he did a great job against a tough SOB like Castano. :)

Our local Aussie superstar Tim Tzyu wanted a crack at the winner of the Charlo/Castano fight.

Tim has BIG night ahead of him if he gets to fight either of these two for the belts.

I did take note of Ennis, he's one to watch in the future for sure. :)

Graz and ag512bbi like this.
  18. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Agree. I don't much care for the Charlo brothers but they do have talent in the ring. Castano is pretty resilient, just didn't have enough pop to hurt Charlo. Ennis is just on another level. Will be very interesting to see just how far this guy can go. Right now I don't see anyone beating him.

PAP 348 likes this.
  19. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  20. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Looking forward. Let's not count the old guy out yet. . I certainly wouldn't bet against him.

21. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I hope GGG gets some sort of redemption for being ****ed over on the first fight Thomas. :)

I don't see it happening, but you just never know. :D

22. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    GGG is definitely a force to be reckoned with and personally I think he wants to vindicate that first fight "draw" decision more than ever. He'll will most assuredly come prepared for it.

23. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I hope so! :)

24. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Kambosos VS Haney this weekend here in Melbourne Australia. :D

I will be working unfortunately and can't watch the fight live, but hoping Kambosos wins and becomes the undisputed Lightweight Champion of the world. :D

Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    I've never seen such confidence and determination in a fighter like I've seen in Kambosos. He's a tough guy whose speed and skill is underestimated. I think Haney is extremely skilled but he may have too much working against him (i.e. home crowd/advantage for George, questionable chin). Kambosos may just expose him. Rooting for Ferocious George as well.