Lexus ISF vs Ferrari Enzo F-1 trans. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Lexus ISF vs Ferrari Enzo F-1 trans.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by mpartridgeferrari, Mar 6, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    LOL

again, i don't mean to offend any owners... but you know who i am talking about...

also, between my Mom, Dad and I have owned like 15 BMWs... and they just got another once last week... LOL..

they truely are great cars... just some of the owners are a little... ehh... come on you know what I am talking about :) LOL

2. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    I sure do. No offense was taken. ;>

3. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Look..there are tons of higher tech cars running around on the streets that are not Enzo's. Look at you basic Ford pick-up 6.5 liter diesel. That thing is a wonder of technology that Ferrari can only dream about. High bred cars, even your lowly 4 banger economy car. Heck in real car terms, most exotic makers are behind the times tech wise. They follow and allow other companies to do all the R&D, and they just modify it to fit their needs..that's it. The F1 system is not a Ferrari design BTW.

Lexus is quite the company..and it would not surprize me in the least if they could get the F1 system in a Ferrari car to shift faster then Ferrari can get it to.

4. Bcube

Bcube Karting

Jan 9, 2006
    I.E. in SoCal
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I find that our Maser Spyder CambioCorsa and 335i E93 with 6AT w/ paddle shift get along together just find in the garage. I even know the differences in the transmissions. :) However, I do have the occasional brainfart, and will sometimes try to put the bimmer in neutral by pulling both paddles.

5. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

uhh ohh.. .this is getting scary...

I too had a Maser... but mine was a cambio coupe black on black.. I absolutely love and miss that car. So many people don't give that car enough credit!

6. opus10583

opus10583 Formula 3

Dec 3, 2003
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Mark
    ...WTF?

Uhm, who first, then?

One would think, if that were true, the first thing they would then do would be to share the secret with their F1 team.

7. opus10583

opus10583 Formula 3

Dec 3, 2003
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Not just "them": A recent trip to an authorized dealer revealed not one manual transmission out of more than a dozen Ferrari and Maserati cars on display.

8. garybryan

garybryan Karting

Nov 6, 2006
    Denver
    +2