Lion diet | FerrariChat

Lion diet

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by mx1, Jun 1, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mx1

mx1 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2022
    CT
    Full Name:
    Danny
    Been on for 5 weeks, lost 22lbs and counting, didn’t even have to exercise

2. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    Do tell
    Can you provide details
    Any loss of strength?
    Do you exercise?

3. What are you doing for Vitamin C or fiber?

4. mx1

mx1 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2022
    CT
    Full Name:
    Danny
    1st week massive surge in energy and mental clarity, and large drop in negative thinking. Weight loss started about day 3. Week 2- same. Week 3 is where I felt less energetic (perhaps stabilizing from that initial energy boost?). So that was the only week where I felt less strength. In 5 weeks I’ve had only 2 days of MASSiVE pizza craving, which thankfully I was able to overcome. I do not exercise currently- I suppose you could for other reasons, but I did this strictly for weight loss

5. mx1

mx1 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2022
    CT
    Full Name:
    Danny
    I do not get any fiber and the only vitamin C I get is from a slice of lemon in water , which I tend to have about 3 lemon water glasses per week

6. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    What's the lion diet? Raw meat and the children from your wife's previous marriage?

7. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
  8. mx1

mx1 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2022
    CT
    Full Name:
    Danny
    Yes I was worried about not getting appropriate nutrients- so I took a blood test before I started, and will be taking another at the 2 month mark. I suppose it wouldn’t be such a great diet for anyone over 60? Funny thing is I haven’t been feeling anything off like headaches, or muscle cramps, or nausea etc so there is something to this diet, even if only used for a short time

9. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    If it works, it works.
    Quite simply because you are dropping your insulin levels to near zero.
    Could very well be that you are very insulin sensitive (like me).
    Simply dropping carbs will do wonders whilst adding protein / healthy fats.

I would however be carefull to stick to this long term.
    You will get nutritional deficiences.
    We humans are not carnivores. Our bodies, hormones, digestive suystem, etc isn't made for iit.
    We thrive on a balanced diet that does include veggies and fruits. Refined carbs (including potatoes and rice) is anotehr discussion.
    The research on fruits and veggies can not be discarded and say tha the fructose oin these are bad and thus fruits and veggies are bad.
    It's a single minded approach and skwewing the sience like sooooo many youtubers (including doctors) like to do.

Yes, we are aware that traditional cultures like eskimo's or the Masai have low cancer and heart cases.
    True, but they have other health issues and lower overall life expectancies.

Again, short term I'm sure it works wonders, but at some point you should def need to include veggies and fruits.
    I would stay away from otehr carbs when you do make that switch as the rebound efect will be a mofo.
    Start to eat refined carb sourced again and you can expect a 10lbs weight gain... In the first week alone!!!

10. mx1

mx1 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2022
    CT
    Full Name:
    Danny
    I don’t think carbs are necessary at all but what do I know. And all eating bunches of vegetables did was keep me bloated much of the time. The dept of AGRICULTUrE developed the food chart which probably screwed up everybody’s food perceptions the last 75 years, and food journalist Michael pollen (botany of desire) made the claim humans still have NO CLUE what a “good” diet is , so until more people use the carnivore diet we won’t really have a better understanding of its longer term effects. It appears to be person by person - if you’re already fit and feel healthy, why do it? But if you’re fat and stupid because you eat 10 twinkies a day then yea you need this lol

Maximus1973 likes this.
  11. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    I tried a serious vegan diet once. The first month was awesome. I felt clear, like i was achieving my objective of being healthy. I was eating so much because i never felt satisfied. Needless to say, i stopped after three months.
    Currently, i eat what i want, cognizant not to over do it. I am happier and satisfied.
    I do believe certain blood types influence our cravings.
    At the end of the day, i do whats best for me, you do whats best for you. My body diid not come with a manual, so its figuring it out as i go.

12. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Correct; we don't need carbs perse. They are not considered 'vital for survival'. Protein and fats are.
    Point made.
    Long term effects we actually do know due to various indigenous cultures eating a carnivore diet for thousands of years. In fact, the majority of humans were carnivores during the ice age.
    Keep in mind that it's tough for the general public to see the difference between a twinkie and a bag of lettuce.
    You should be deficient after a few months on various vitamins and minerals.
    That blood work you will do in a few months will be very interesting on how it effects your system.

13. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Being vegan is one of the most unhealthy things one can do.
    We can debate a keto/low carb/carnivore diet all day long here with great pro's and con's. But vegan; hell the F no!
    If it's one thing the science is clear about it's that beging a strict vegan is one of the most unhealthy things we humans can do.
    Deficiences act up quickly and will run rampant.
    Unless someone has a serious supplement regimen of course.
    I will not say we humans NEED meat to survive, but we need suficient dietary protein and fats to survive.
    In fact, I know several great doctors who's second question always is with patients "are you vegan?"
    (First one still is "do you smoke?")

14. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Strcitly veggies or also with potatoes/rice, etc as those I wouldn't count as veggies. They are a carb source.

15. mx1

mx1 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2022
    CT
    Full Name:
    Danny
    Same- vegan diet kept me hungry as heck so I tossed it, and there’s only so many premade vegan meals WholeFoods makes hah!

16. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    My wife is a good cook and she was amazing when it came to preparation.

mx1 likes this.
  17. mx1

mx1 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2022
    CT
    Full Name:
    Danny
    Monday marks the start of my 6th week. Current weight loss as of today— 29lbs

18. Congrats.

But just know that losing the weight is the easy part, keeping it off is where the boys are separated from the men.

Keep up the good work nonetheless.

19. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Congratulations on the weight loss. The one challenge of a 'diet' is that you diet, lose the weight, and then quit the diet. After quitting the diet, you gain back the weight because you didn't actually improve your eating habits. Pay attention to where you are getting the calories and you can make better decisions about what to eat and what to skip. You can then eat almost anything but you realize the impact it has. That is why counting calories works so well; Weight Watchers points are just a proxy for counting calories, so it works well too.

20. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Damn, that’s a lot and darn fast as well. Congrats!

mx1 likes this.
  21. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    We all rebound because that is what our bodies are programmed to do. When there is scarcity our bodies tend to hold onto fat mass more than muscle mass. Once we stop the diet our bodies automatically wants to refill those fat deposits as it never knows when a period of scarcity will be next.
    The only way to prevent that rebound effect is to slowly (SLOOOOWWWLYYYY!) start adding calories. Again sloooowly. Or in others words do a reverse diet where you increase calories 50-100 max per week and see what happens. Anything faster and you ballon right back. It’s what our bodies are programmed to do.
    This is also what 99,999999% of dieters don’t understand and lack willpower/discipline/knowledge. They finish the diet only to eat Ihop/McD/B&J, and pig out. Insulin goes up and that sugar addition is back.
    It takes willpower to slowly eat a bit more each and every week.

22. mx1

mx1 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2022
    CT
    Full Name:
    Danny
    True I was worried about gaining some back but I rather like this diet- simplifies my eating so I don’t even have to think about it, and not generally being a big foodie helps. Gonna get that blood test and make sure all is ok

Maximus1973 and Skidkid like this.
  23. mx1

mx1 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2022
    CT
    Full Name:
    Danny
    Final results after 6 weeks: blood test stellar, total weight loss 32lbs. Stopped the diet 5 days ago, during the week ate half a pizza pie one night, Buffalo wings the next, went back to eating fruits and veggies. No weight gain, must still be in ketosis. I LOVE THIS DIET!!! Gonna do it once a year

24. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Half a pizza will def kill your ketosis.
    In fact a bunch of fruit will probably do to.

But hey, 32lbs is massive. How do you look and feel? Would you say it's all fat loss or muscle too?
    I've seen scans of people after a severa caloric resticted diet that hardly lost any fat, but majority was fluids and muscle and organ tissue.

Please, please, please take it sloooooooow when going back to your 'normal'eating pattern.
    Try to increase calories with 700 per week each week (100 cal per day!) anything more will illicit fat gain.
    It would be normal to gain 5-8pounds the next few days in fluids. You might feel/look a bit 'puffy' but again that's just fluids.

25. I cannot imagine just losing 32 lbs of fat and no muscle. Not even sure that's physiologically possible, short of liposuction or surgery of some kind.