London terrorized by 1,000-hp turquoise 599 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

London terrorized by 1,000-hp turquoise 599

Discussion in '612/599' started by WJHMH, Jun 16, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Carbon- We got our numbers from the mideast. Otherwise we would still be using Roman Numerals. Difficult to do much math with those.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    I learn something new everyday. Thanks, Terry!

3. Paul_308

Paul_308 Formula 3

Mar 12, 2004
    Actually our numbers came from India or the east, but not the mid-east. Mis-attributed commonly to Arabic traders who carried the zero and a few mates to Europe. It appears in earliest Hindu literature and some say the source concept was Chinese or thereabouts. Personally I think the Hawaiians started it.

4. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Looks like you were right

5. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    Again re-quoted. That's basically the idea behind it. Nothing more to add. The trend of shipping cars will eventually end sooner or later... most comments here are unrelated to it.
    If we follow the ideas on this thread guess we should blame spotter websites (such as autogespot.com) that those irresponsible arab (GCC) youngsters love and spend hours on at night looking for their cars photographied by spotters, sourcing pictures to their cellphone and sharing them over arabic-speaking blackberry groups on their blackberry messenger, fuelling even more the phenomena, making their friends in Qtr/Brn/Uae jealous and wanting to bring their car to London too, in summer 2012.

6. London John

London John Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London & Melbourne
    Full Name:
    John
    You are an idiot.

I don't see other "cultures" behaving in the same manner as those young Arabs I PERSONALLY witness breaking the law. Their idiot behaviour comes first, their ethnicity second.

It really is as simple as that. You can read into it what you will; whatever suits your "woe is me" puerile sensibilities.

7. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    I really can't argue with that; but in this case, I'd have to disagree.

These two sentences contradict each other. Reread what you wrote.

I can't argue with this either! I do, on occasion, have a "woe is me" attitude; and I can be immature at times, childish even! But in this instance, I'm pretty sure you're projecting. Open your mind, just a little bit; there's a whole world out there.

8. London John

Sep 7, 2010
    London & Melbourne
    Full Name:
    John
    There can be no contradiction when the correlation is 1.......

As to their being a "whole world out there".........I've seen my share of it, particularly your area of interest, including crossing the border into Iraq in Op Granby.

9. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    lots to say about such stupidity... First cameras should be destroyed. Spying device all over is the begining of the end of any democracy.

2nd: A..Hole like this , who would be stone in their country if they run over a kid, are making it bad for the British at large (hence cameras everywhere)

This is bad at every level.
    1) Direspect for the native of the host country
    2) given a bad name to foreigners with legitimate aspirations
    3) giving a bad nameto the true exotics lovers who will have their car keyed by pissed off people
    4) Ending up having agencies limits HPs in car.
    5) Giving amos to governement control for more cameras.. and one day a dead (or more) human to crown it all..

this video is sickening....

10. MaxPower

MaxPower Two Time F1 World Champ

Mar 28, 2006
    At sea ... aahhh ...
    Full Name:
    MP
    good post mate.

11. MaxPower

MaxPower Two Time F1 World Champ

Mar 28, 2006
    At sea ... aahhh ...
    Full Name:
    MP
    hahaha ...

12. tuttavelocita

tuttavelocita Formula 3

Aug 26, 2007
    I was thinking of maybe picking up my 458 in maranello and driving through europe to London and then shipping the car back stateside. The only reason i wouldn't do it, is just for this fact, that i don't want to be perceived as one of "them". Sadly enough even if i drove normally and abide the laws, someone would say something or assume something.

13. London John

Sep 7, 2010
    London & Melbourne
    Full Name:
    John
    Not so, genuinely.

Do the trip, you'll be more than welcome if you abide by the law. Fcar drivers only get a hard time when they conform to a certain stereotype.........which it seems you won't.

14. funkstar

funkstar Karting

Aug 11, 2009
    And no one has a problem with a fast thrash on a quiet motorway, autotroute, autobahn etc. It's the being silly around local shops and residential areas that people have a problem with.

Remember that Europe is the home of the exotic car and people love to see them.

15. tuttavelocita

tuttavelocita Formula 3

Aug 26, 2007
    To be honest by the time I reached my flat in london id put the car in my garage and forget about it till it came time to ship it. I'd much rather walk around london as I have for the past 31 years (well maybe less since i was being carried or pushed around in the beginning).

16. London John

Sep 7, 2010
    London & Melbourne
    Full Name:
    John
    Will likely end up that way too............

17. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    This is no way to live; just do what you want and like - life is going to throw curve balls your way no matter what. Might as well enjoy yourself.

I can't even figure out if that even makes any sense.

Ah, this explains so much. My grandfather was the same way; fought in the Korean War and then he hated gooks.

18. crcs

crcs Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 18, 2009
    Burlington Ontario
    #118 crcs, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
    Arabs will be back into the sand within 50 years that is the sad truth. Most of their oil money is squandered on low return or negative return investments. All that London real estate was bought at peak valuations along with most of the other investments in a bankrupt west. The rest of the money is spent subsidizing food and welfare schemes to keep the populations from revolting against the dictators(Saudi Arabia). Very little actual money is being invested into productive things that can replace the finite oil once it runs out. Dubai is already posting vacancy rates of over 50%. Even Ferrari world Abu Dhabi is one big joke, an empty theme park in the middle of the desert that is barely being utilized. Unfortunately the wealth has ended up in the hands of a small minority of the population.

19. RACP

RACP Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2011
    Matosinhos-Portugal
    Full Name:
    André Rodrigues
    I agree with you...

20. London John

Sep 7, 2010
    London & Melbourne
    Full Name:
    John
    And therein lies the problem.

Why doesn't that surprise me.

You're making assumptions about which way I crossed the border. I don't hate arabs generically; in fact nothing could be further from the truth. I do, however, think you, specifically, are an ass.

21. London John

Sep 7, 2010
    London & Melbourne
    Full Name:
    John
    Unlike the Norwegian sovereign wealth fund........which now owns >1% of global equities, but has no need to surpress its population nor a penchant for "bling".

22. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    #122 DriveAfterDark, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
    Norway spends maximum 3-4% of oil income per year, rest is invested for future generations. I think we got something like 500 billion $ in the bank at the moment... For a population of 5 million... lol

23. tuttavelocita

tuttavelocita Formula 3

Aug 26, 2007

I actually agree with you on that, if everyone did what they wanted or liked we'd be in total chaos. Sadly enough people and governments live by this creed and look at where we are at right now. This is the decay of society as we know it today and its just not localized to arabs and to think it is, is quite narrow minded.

There used to be a time when people actually were respectful and everything wasn't NOW and INSTANT. For me its the little things, like opening doors for your elders or women, being respectful of other people. Even stupid things like if youre backing out of a spot people don't stop anymore they just honk at you. I don't know maybe im an old soul, or maybe i was just raised right, but i think society as a whole is going down a path that isn't "friendly or neighborly"

24. elipinski

elipinski Formula 3

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    Emanuel
    agree 100%

25. 15hn

15hn Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2005
    Full Name:
    HN
    Whilst I would like to agree with you on this after driving into London last night (its been a few weeks since I popped down) I would have to say that anyone brown driving in a new/nearly new ferrari in central london would be perceived to be a boy racer arab. Especially if you have a convertible with the top down.