looking for 308 qv, euro spec | FerrariChat

looking for 308 qv, euro spec

Discussion in '308/328' started by archiscapes, Jul 20, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. archiscapes

archiscapes Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    Santa Rosa Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Hi All,

New to Ferrari Chat....

Looking for an excellent condition 308 qv euro spec.
    Anybody have one or know of one for sale?

Cheers,

Chris.

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Quite a few people here have them, especially in Europe : it might help if you give a hint as to where you are

3. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Hi Chris, welcome to Ferrarichat! As mentioned by greyboxer, it is very helpful if you include your location information in your forum profile settings.

By the latest count by Thomas, 120 of us in North America have Euro QVs, see this thread:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/308-328/433007-euro-qvs-north-america.html

Forum sponsor M. Brandon Motorcars (in Houston) has a 1985 Euro 308 GTS QV for sale right now: 1985 Ferrari 308 GTS Houston, Texas | M. Brandon Motorcars

4. jimgolf1

jimgolf1 Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2013
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Jim Small
    Where are you located?

5. archiscapes

archiscapes Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    Santa Rosa Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Hi all,
    thanks for all the replies...
    I live in Santa Rosa Beach in Florida...the panhandle.

I have seen the ferrari at Brandon Motorcars in my past internet searches...looks like a very nice car, however it has the us spec bumpers and grill on the front and rear.

I will edit my profile..

Looking forward to joining the 308 owners community...:)

Chris.

6. archiscapes

archiscapes Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    Santa Rosa Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Hi All,

Thanks so much for all the replies...

I am located at Santa Rosa Beach in Florida in the PanHandle...just updated my profile.

I found the 308QV euro spec online too by Brandon Motorcars...seems like a great car..however, I am not fond of the US spec grill and front and rear bumpers.

Looking forward to joining all the 308 owners very soon...and joining the Ferari community..:)

Cheers,

Chris.

7. noblesteed

noblesteed Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Brantley
    It looks like a nice car. Interesting fog lights added up front. Looks like that car might have adjustable shocks. Looks lowered in the front. I wonder what the story is with the non Euro front grill, etc… wrecked in the front? I can't imagine why it's a Euro and it has a total U.S. front end.

8. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Some importers met the letter of the law when bringing in the European cars and installed the required US bumpers, marker lights, door side impact beams, emissions equipment and cat converter, and "slow down" warning lights... and some importers did the bare minimum to get somebody to sign off on the importation and much of the "required" equipment was never installed.

The Euro grille doesn't fit with the US bumper, so if the importer of that particular car was making the bumpers compliant, the grille would have been changed also.

9. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    The car at M Brandon Motorcars has never been in an accident and is a excellent example. I am the owner of that car and yes, the bumpers were changed as part of the federalization process. Euro QVs are extremely difficult to find, especially in that condition. I suppose you could always change the bumpers back for a few dollars if you so choose. Contact Michael Foertsch at M Brandon Motorcars if you have questions.

10. ztarum

ztarum Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    South Jersey, USA
    What exhaust is on your car? I've never seen one with the inlet pipes configured that way.

11. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Chris - nice architectural portfolio!

My '83 GTS is for sale but it's the US version. If you cant' find anything Euro that will work for you, send me a PM.

12. ztarum

ztarum Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    South Jersey, USA
    If you're open to a GTS, the Brandon Motorcars offering is a nice looking example at a fair price. Converting the bumper back is trivial and should not drive your decision.

13. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    TUBI exhaust

14. AHudson

AHudson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Adams Hudson
    On a side note, Chris (archiscapes) actually designed our house and even back then was saying, "I'm getting a 308 one day". Though a natural born Brit, he for some reason fell in love with the Magnum PI series and Fcars as a result. He and I have spoken of Ferraris, car stuff in general, and now he is primed and ready to proceed toward ownership.

Hopefully we can help find him a great car and welcome another long time fan become a first time owner.

15. RMarc

RMarc Rookie

Jan 30, 2005
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Marc Munoz
    #15 RMarc, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
    Here is exactly what you are looking for. '84 Ferrari GTSi quattrovalvole euro

I have 2 exhaust systems for the car. The original and one I had custom made with cats. It takes me about an hour to change them out by myself. This car is much faster than the american models and in my opinion way better looking with out those god awful bumpers sticking way out.

16. archiscapes

archiscapes Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    Santa Rosa Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Hi jsa330.

Thanks so much for the compliment...:)
    I will keep you in mind..but really have my mind set on a euro spec...

Chris.

17. archiscapes

archiscapes Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    Santa Rosa Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Hi cnpapa24,

I really like your car...I have sent an email to Michael.
    How much do you think it will be to install the Euro bumpers and grill?
    Like everything on car..except the bumpers.

Cheers,
    Chris.

18. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Chris, you're welcome...I was an architect myself.

On my car, every time someone posts about wanting a really nice 308, I try and give them the sales pitch :)

19. vaccarella

vaccarella Formula 3

Apr 16, 2011
    Full Name:
    Paul
    It is not so trivial. Doable but a pita. I haven't got round to it yet.

20. ztarum

ztarum Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    South Jersey, USA
    Yes, but you are starting with a USA car (I believe based on your profile). The car discussed here started as a euro, so I suspect it will be a minor problem to convert it back. I suppose it all depends on how thorough the coversion was. In any case, I still feel that if the rest of the car is right fixing the bumpers isn't a biggie.

21. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Sorry guys, I missed this thread until now. I appreciate the members' support!

I'm the owner of M. Brandon Motorcars. And, yes, as has been said, the 85 308 QV Euro that I have for sale is extremely nice. The bumpers were installed as part of the federalization process. The other slight modifications (driving lights, shift knob, pedals) can be easily reverted back to stock. And, the Tubi exhaust sounds amazing!

If you're looking for a 308 QV Euro, you'll have a tough time finding one in this condition and with this mileage.

22. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Euros are definitely worth the time and effort to find, as long as you can register it in your area. Changing the bumpers back might not be as tough since it's a euro, but you never know until you get them off. My car still has the euro bumpers, but wow were they hacked on. Stacks of mismatched washers and just two bolts holding them on! I had them restored last year and we fixed all the mounting issues, so they are correct now. Totally worth the effort.

If that 85 euro is as nice as it looks, and you're ready to jump, then you might just need to jump. I had an agreement to buy mine within a few hours of learning it was for sale. They are really hard to find here.

23. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    A 308 and a C4! My kinda guy. :D

24. archiscapes

archiscapes Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    Santa Rosa Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Hi RMarc,

Your car looks great...love the black piping and colour of seats.
    Just have never considered black...red is my preference.

Chris.

25. archiscapes

archiscapes Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    Santa Rosa Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Hi All,

Just wanted to be a bit more specific in what I am looking for...and if anybody could email me any leads or are interested in selling their car....I have looked everywhere I know, but cant seem to find the right car.

Looking for a 1984 or 1985 Euro 308...excellent condition...no more than 45,000 documented miles...red...with good service history.

will go to a good home..:)

Cheers,

Chris.