Looking for a late model F430 spider stick | FerrariChat

Looking for a late model F430 spider stick

Discussion in '360/430' started by Sylvainsm, Dec 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sylvainsm

Sylvainsm Karting

Aug 18, 2017
    Los Angeles
    I am looking to buy a low mileage 2008 or 2009 F430 Spider with a stick. Something with low miles and in good condition.

Any idea how many of the 2008 and 2009 F430 Spiders came in a stick? Also what should I look out for when buying one of these?

Thanks!

2. johnfe

johnfe Karting

Dec 22, 2016
    SoCal Usa
    Full Name:
    John F Edwards
    Good luck with that. I think what you'll find is there are overall few stick shifts out there, and the ones you do find will most likely be in a 2005, 2006, and 2007. I personally looked for about 6 months before buying the only 2009 I ever saw and continued to look just for fun for about an entire year. I never came across a 2008 stick shift during the entire time I looked and only saw one 2009 F430 GT (Gated Transmission) which is the official designation that Ferrari uses. So it's an F430 GT for the gated transmission model or an F430 F1 for the F1 transmission model.
    Before purchasing the 2009 F430 GT that I bought I went to Ferrari South Bay in Torrance, CA and asked the General manager just how rare was the 2009 F430; and asked him the following question, "How likely would I be able to find another 2009 F430 GT listed for sale in the next several years and perhaps for the rest of my life if I pasted on the one currently listed for sale?" He answered by saying it's highly likely that you may never see another one up for sale in the next 20 years. Here's why Ferrari released the Scuderia and the 16M in the last 2 years of production and many of the US Dealers were taking delivery of more of them than the plain F430's. Therefore fewer plain F430's were brought into the USA during those last 2 years, and even fewer of those were the GT version verses the F1 version. As to how many of those were spiders vs coupes I am simply unaware.
    But don't give up if this is truly the car you desire. Just this evening I read about someone considering buying a 2008 F430 GT so a 2008 came up since I stopped looking several months ago.
    Incidentally it was 1 year ago this very day I flew to Salt Lake City Ferrari and bought the car of my dreams a 2009 F430 GT Spider which had only 3,927 miles on it's clock. I remember it as one of the best days of my life, and it was certainly the best day from all of last year. My goal was to buy one that I could enjoy driving as well as holding it for an investment to go up in value, so I believe you are on the right track if that's your intention.

Good luck and happy hunting,

johnfe

Afonsolaw likes this.
  3. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
  4. Sylvainsm

Sylvainsm Karting

Aug 18, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Thanks guys,

I found a 2008 F430 spyder manual on the east coast with low miles. Seems like a clean car.

5. johnfe

johnfe Karting

Dec 22, 2016
    SoCal Usa
    Full Name:
    John F Edwards
    Hi Sylvainsm,

Good for you, did you buy it? If you did you'll never be sorry because you'll, have a car that you will not only enjoy, but a car that should also increase in value over time. What color is it? If it's a late model 2008 it should have the carbon ceramic brakes, as standard and not an option. If you haven't closed the deal yet, I'd keep the information to myself so you don't end up inviting competition before closing the sale.
    I'm glad to hear you found one as they don't come up for sale that often. Well done!

johnfe

6. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Let us know if you got it. You won't be disappointed.

7. Sylvainsm

Sylvainsm Karting

Aug 18, 2017
    Los Angeles
    PPI found a couple of issues so waiting for seller to agree to repair