Looking for a ride!!! | FerrariChat

Looking for a ride!!!

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Webby, Oct 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    GUYS!
    I go to the University of Notre Dame right now ... not far from Chicago.
    All this time I was thinking "oh woe is me there's no chance of a Ferrari owner in South Bend Indiana and I'm too far from Indianapolis" but oh my gosh I was so stupid, I forgot Chicago was so close!

Now then... I had several offers of rides back home in Dayton/Cinci from awesome dudes over there but always missed the opportunities and I'm a little depressed about that, so please forgive me if I'm being a bit direct but ... anybody in Chicago willing to give me a ride?!

Any Ferrari, Lambo, Maserati, ANYTHING would make me happy.
    Some weekend I'm sure I could take a train to Chicago and it would make my life if I could meet somebody and get a ride.

Also I'm thinking I will probably be checking this board out more often now that I live so close and I don't know many guys around here so it would be great to get to know some of you better.

Thanks
    Webby

Edit: by the way my birthday is coming up so it'd be a perfect gift :) November 7...
    One more Edit: I see that the Fall Drive is coming up... I'm not sure if I could make it because we have a football game that Saturday but that would be nice if I could

2. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
    Sign the wait list for Bill365.... :) :) :)

3. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    I'll sign that list ... but nobody else ? :(

4. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    No chance you are a hot, blonde, just around 6-feet tall, co-ed, attending Notre Dame for their massage therapy program, is there??

5. normv

normv F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2005
    Mishawaka In
    Full Name:
    Norm
    #5 normv, Oct 31, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hah, you would be amazed whats here in old South Bend. Thats me just not my car(darn), but a friend of mine here. Sorry, no we cant go there. Have fun at Notre Dame, oh and learn something too it will help you to get your own Ferrari. thanks Norm
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. revs2 9

revs2 9 Rookie

Oct 4, 2004
    michigan
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    hello everyone i have two things to say First is that enzo in south bend or the south bend area? and my birthday is also November 7

7. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    So you just hang out here and get people to give you rides wherever you go?

What am I missing?

8. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    If he gets paid for this, maybe he is on to something. Imagine the savings of over a $100,000 in gas prices that hitch hikers make a year. This guy is at least small time, only asking for rides within the area. I can imagine the near future when people stop beside the highway for transients and their response, " I do not ride in anything less than a 600S Benz, you may be on your way, sir." Truckers no more, the new Mack is a SLR with a lift kit and mud flaps.

RocketBoy

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The pleasures of H2 ownership shine through in that line.
    :)

10. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    And Mrs. Huskerbill would love that... and here I thought you were a tough guy with a big heart towards his gal. Watch out Billy, next time you're at work and the Mrs. is on to your flirting with college Chickie-poos, she might go Thelma and Louise with your 328.

RocketBoy

11. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Not a chance HuskerBill

What if I were to go there?

No man! I provide photoshop services to the community
    ie
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=135204254&postcount=1
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=135318986&postcount=1
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=135305032&postcount=1
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=135325951&postcount=16
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=135204626&postcount=1

and I don't get people to give me rides as a reward ... they offer them and I don't get them (see first post). So I was hoping for a little twist to the usual process - they offer them and I do get them. Looks like the offer part isn't working out now.

12. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill

Yeah, yeah, yeah!!! I know. Just a little humor to what I think is kind of a weird post. Just seems weird coming on a board and trolling around asking people you don't know for a ride in their car. Just weird to me. Especially for a guy...

I want to tell him to drive his piece of junk car in college like the rest of us schleps did. And then, when it breaks down on the freeway sometime right after graduation while driving home from his first job, walk into the dealership and buy his first sportscar. I would recommend a Porsche for that first one..... ;-)

Asking for rides sucks. Getting offered a ride and accepting is fine. But I didn't hear anyone offer that up....

Looks like I just did tell him.......

13. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Smart man our lone Sauber fan he is, then again you are a rocket scientist but just on a smaller D engine scale. The only alternative source of energy I will use will be in my nitro loaded RC cars. Im like Frank, complaining about something that I basically want all the time. Where as he is a nut with the conspiracy theories on gas profits and why he loves greasy food but shouldn't eat it, Im like that in a trust towards SUVs and why gas prices suck. Though Im still in my twenties, I feel so old in saying I remember the good old days of the year 2002 when 93 Octane cost $0.91 just south of Atlanta.

Webby, you are almost writing your seat space in stone if you promise to pay for service at Continental or LFSC if you want a ride. Photoshop? Naw, give a little more. Promise Sklitz11 that you'll make Heidi Klumm the next person to show at a local FOC get-together.

RocketBoy

PS: Im down to 70 bucks to fill up the H2, thank God for the winter gas prices. Speaking of which, I drove it twice this month. Woo hoo!

14. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    Gas, grass, or ass. No one rides for free!

15. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Well people are always saying "I want to share the joy of having a Ferrari with the younger kids to inspire them to get their own some day" ... I was hoping for a warmer reception than this.
    At least you could've explained about gas earlier. I tried to explain my whole situation in my first post, but it looks like some people didn't even read it all the way through. Thanks for being decent but I guess I'll have to wait until I get back to the nice people in Ohio.

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    If you're more interested in the cars than actually getting from A to B, you could always join us for one of our drives. Most people have no copilot riding with them and would be happy to have you there.

17. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    You gotta let people get their chops in:) I'd do it for you in a heartbeat, but mine is shut down for the season. Long story, but it's got nothing to do with being over-protective. Keep posted and I'll definitely make good on that next Spring. Hopefully someone else can come through in the meantime. BTW, it's nice being able to root for ND again. I dated some crazy #itch from there and it left a bad taste for a while. Fortunately it was during the Bob Davie era!

18. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Jack I really appreciate it! No rush man! That USC game was a bunch of crap but Notre Dame is doing so awesome right now, I'm proud.

Yeah yeah that's exactly what I was trying to say, I don't want you to drive me to New York or anything, I meant just I could come over, take pictures, and have a quick spin around the block or something which is why I didn't even think about gas. If I was unclear about that, sorry that's my fault.

I've only touched 1 360 in my life, haven't come close to a single other Ferrari, haven't gotten a ride or even sat in one my whole life, all I want to do is be able to get close to one.

Like I mentioned in my first post about the Fall Drive, I was thinking it would be easier if it were a group meeting like that, and I was just hoping I could get set with a ride ahead of time so I didn't have to worry about it when I got there.

19. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    LOL! You are Right...except that I ALWAYS pat down my Juicy Steaks and Ribs with a Napkin Before I eat them,to remove all potentially dangerous,Artery Clogging Liquid Fats.... (Saw it on the Discovery Channel,once...:) )

20. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Hey Webby,
    The 365 should be back together at some point. Probably won't be driving it 'til next season though. If you're around when I am around, sure, no problem. I don't have a problem with you asking. I understand "testing the waters", if you waited until somebody just came up and offered, it would most likely never happen.

Bill

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #21 tifosi12, Oct 31, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    D engine? My a_ss! How 'bout staging M to L? That sucker was powerful enough to give Webby a ride straight up! But that was in a pre 9/11 world. Helas. :(

22. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    Hey up yours dude. I hear the panhandling is better in Ohio.

23. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    ?? Way to be mature. Notice how I appreciated the understanding replies and even more so the friendly ones. tifosi12, Rocketboy, and Huskerbill were messing around with me but also gave me good advice so I'll take what they give me even if they don't want to give me rides (which is why I thanked them for being decent). I never said there were no nice people in Chicago, but even if I had said that, Bill and Jack would've proved me wrong. On the other hand, saying "up yours" to a 17 year old is stooping a little low in my opinion.

Sorry my first thread in this section turned a little nasty everybody.

24. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    By the way DN35 I'm still feeling "salty" about your response but don't judge me too harshly... my pride gets hurt easily and I'll probably come back and apologize about this later, but I'm still a little hot-headed right now. It was mean to say that about panhandling... but I don't want to make enemies and be a troll or anything though so no hard feelings?

25. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    How about you just blow out the way you blew in and we'll all find a way to carry on?