Looking for a specific Ferrari 348 - J573 OGV | FerrariChat

Looking for a specific Ferrari 348 - J573 OGV

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by nayf, Dec 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nayf

nayf Rookie

Dec 6, 2021
    UK
    Full Name:
    Nathan Chadwick
    Hello Chat – I'm a freelance motoring journalist. You may have read my stuff in Magneto, Modern Classics (RIP), Strada (RIP) and elsewhere.
    I'm working on a personal project that's yet to find a journalistic home, but I'd like to write anyway.

Back in 1995/1996 drum and bass was seen as The Next Big Thing, and the likes of Sony/Virgin were handing out enormous album advances – the likes of Squarepusher, Source Direct and Photek. This period of time drum and bass was noted for its artistry, rather than the sweaty topless blokes gurning in a dark room to what sounded like lorries reversing that it later became. In 1995/1996 a Dutch TV programme came to the UK to interview Squarepusher, Source Direct and Photek about this new music, their approaches, and their influences, for an entirely new form of music that was seemingly taking over the globe. In it we get to see Photek bombing around rural Hertfordshire in his first Ferrari, a black 348. Photek transcended drum and bass and is now a top Hollywood soundtrack artist, and a member of Corse Clienti.

It’s a black 348 that I’m tangibly close to tracking down. Photek, or Rupert Parkes as his passport knows him, lives in Hollywood but he’s up for being reintroduced to his first Ferrari when he’s back in the UK. I need to track the current owner. The registration is J573 OGV.
    Anyway, here’s the video.

Googling the car brings up WalkerSport, but sadly their records are gone (and then there is GPDR). It's also not in the club. So does anyone know the car, or even better, the owner? And would they be up for a feature on the car...

2. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    It lives in Hull. I don't know the owner.

nayf likes this.