Looking for antenna and deck lid gas struts | FerrariChat

Looking for antenna and deck lid gas struts

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Ferraritalian, Jan 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferraritalian

Ferraritalian Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2019
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'm told this is the place to ask for help! I am looking to replace a terrible looking antenna that’s on my 308 that I just purchased, and a pair of replacement gas struts for the deck lid as it will not stay up on its own! (Maybe a blue pill?). Anyway, I’m interested in correct or viable replacement part suggestions and part numbers?

Thanks in advance.

2. LostAussie

LostAussie Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2013
    Woodinville, WA
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    The gas struts are a standard part, Ricambi has them, as does Superformance in the UK.

https://www.ricambiamerica.com/car-diagrams/ferrari/v6-v8/328-group/328-1985/rear-bonnet-and-luggage-compartment-covering/60592800-hood-strut.html

http://www.superformance.co.uk/308/fittings.html

I believe the original ones had "Ferrari" printed on them (I may be wrong here), but if yours do, and you want to keep your car as correct as possible, then you can send them away to be re-gassed.

What exactly is wrong with your antenna? Can you post a photo? I believe the original ones are no longer available, unfortunately. If it's the little mounting block and gasket that sit on the outside of the fender that you need, then you can get those from unobtanium supply:

http://www.unobtainiumsupply.com/

3. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Check the sticky thread in the 308 section.

4. Ferraritalian

Jan 19, 2019
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Here’s my antenna. That can’t be right.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Aside from the bent section at the top, that is the standard antenna.

I’ll also recommend checking out the sticky threads in the 308 forum section, especially the parts cross reference thread. The correct Stabilus struts are available from Rock Auto etc for a fraction of a dealer price.

6. Ferraritalian

Jan 19, 2019
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    So, are you saying this bent antenna is repairable? Are the Stabilus struts "more correct" than the ones sold by Ricambi?

7. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Yes, in that you can buy the shaft sections as an assembly and fit them into the existing motor/housing.

The Stabilus struts are the identical part to OEM EXCEPT they don’t have the prancing horse on them. I don’t know if the Ricambi units do, you’ll have to call and ask, if that is important to you.

8. Ferraritalian

Jan 19, 2019
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Im not finding the Stabilus at Rock Auto...just Strongarm, Sachs and another "economy" standard replacement strut.

Where can I buy the antenna sections?

Sorry for all the detail questions.

9. Ferraritalian

Jan 19, 2019
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Another look at my struts yesterday shows one larger strut that appears to be working, and a much thinner one that’s completely dead. I’m told both have to be working to hold the deck up. (WHY did they stop providing the prop that holds it up?)

Turns out the little thin one says Ferrari Germany on it. I’m guessing this is original? I’ll put it aside. I think I should buy 2 new ones. Is there a super excellent top shelf heavy duty set that people love? Not getting much in the way of strong recommendations. I also see some are very cheap (the BOXI set of 2 on Amazon is $21 a pair) while the Ricambi sold ones are $60 each.

Is there one better than another? I see Stabilus, Strong Arm, Sachs in addition to others.

Also, one more time on the antenna... is there a replacement unit that I can order that will be a nice choice? Not looking to repair the other one at this time.

10. Ferraritalian

Jan 19, 2019
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Just a follow up to this post, I checked eBay and found the following listed that fit most 308-328s:

Stabilus Lift o mat. #SG237001 about $88 a pr.
    Sachs #SG237001 (same as Stabilus # and also cross-references to #6271, Strong Arm number) abt $50 each
    Strong Arm #6271, abt $40 ea, many diff prices)
    Also another listing for Strong Arm under # ZD74N5- don’t know what that is.
    Ricambi #60592800 abt $60 each.

Prices other than Ricambi all over the map, but kinda similar.

Going to post this in the 308 Parts Sticky to save someone else from doing this.

11. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    I've been using the BOXI struts for 18 months. Perfect fit, still holding strong.

12. Andrew McCrae

Andrew McCrae Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2016
    Ireland
    Hi,

Only just spotted this. I had my original logo struts regassed recently. Sent to the UK and the company were excellent. SGS Sales Ltd. and excellent price too. Unfortunately one had failed totally so regassing failed so I needed a replacement.

The original stabilus were 350N. Maranello and Superperformance only supply 300N which will work. However Stabilus part no. 361151 are the right size and 350N. Hard to find and expensive in most places at 120 euro each. They are the same as used in Fiat 127 Panorama.

I actually bought on Amazon very cheap at £16! Came in correct Stabilus packaging and genuine.

Sent from my EML-L29 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. Il Steeg

Il Steeg Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I sent my original struts to Frank Irvine at www.strutwise.com. They're located in the Vancouver, Canada area... Took a month or so, but came back perfectly repaired/recharged. I would use them again....