Looking for History: 0129S | FerrariChat

Looking for History: 0129S

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by WCH, Aug 25, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    '51 195 Inter Berlinetta sold to Villoresi - anyone have any info? Thank you.

2. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Nick's car for sale at Motor Classic. I've seen it many times and it looks great.

3. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    Possible first owner Gigi V. 12-88 owned by John Profit. Sold 96 Monaco auction $142,000. Talacrest adv. 98 $200,000.

4. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Thank you for the replies - I ask because the car apparently has very little documentation, though it's been discussed in several magazine articles.

5. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Original owner Luigi Villoresi, Italy
    Later to Cowden, TX/USA
    12/88 with John Profit, USA
    To José Segimon, Madrid/Spain
    British plates W279 FDG
    1991 restored by Bob Houghton
    07/93 for sale by Cottingham/DK Engineering, England
    05/15/96 sold at Brooks auction, Monaco, to Carlos Monteverde, who paid US$ 142’500
    1997 for sale by Talacrest Ltd., England
    1998 sold to Giacomo Mattioli and Philippe Lanckswert of Ferrari of Beverly Hills/CA/USA
    10/18/98 shown at the Concours of La Jolla/CA
    04/99 for sale by Heritage Classics, CA/USA
    2000 and 2001 for sale by Nick Soprano’s Motor Classic & Competition Corporation in White Plains/NY

Marcel Massini

6. elads

elads Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2004
    israel
    Full Name:
    elad
    Hello - bumping this thread once more;

I am looking for early history info on -129S while with Villoresi and in Swiss hands.
    Pics would be most appreciated!

Still looking for original Color confirmation and proof of tri-carb conversion in period.

thank you,

Elad

7. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Elad

You do have already the entire chronological history from me. From day one onwards.
    All owners are known and documented. You also have the six page factory build sheets. These confirm that 0129 S was born with a single carb. The upgrade must have been done later, most probably privately as nothing is mentioned in the factory records.
    As you know the car was imported from Italy to Switzerland 30 September 1955. You have everything already. All owners in Switzerland are also very well documented with exact dates, names, street address, you got all that. There is nothing missing.

Marcel Massini

8. elads

elads Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2004
    israel
    Full Name:
    elad
    Thanks Marcel,

What you note is indeed the case - however- I am missing, confirmation of Villoresi ownership (did he and for how long?) original build Color? Swiss Color (interesting) and if the tri-carb conversion is a 1951/52 treatment or later.. all matter to me.

thank you for all your fantastic help

Elad

p.s.
    With all my cars I try and uncover as much as possible, with details that are not documented remaining suspect… it has been highly rewarding from an historical perspective in the past and I hope in the future.

9. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Elad:
    Villoresi's name is listed in the internal factory ledgers. He got it June 1951. Since no other name until September 1955 is known it can be assumed that he was the owner for 4 years.
    The original exterior color was Avorio Antico 1009 Lechleroid.
    Color in Switzerland was black, you have that as well already. This is noted on the Swiss customs and import document (microfiche) dated 30 September 1955.

Marcel Massini

166MM alum and Timmmmmmmmmmy like this.