Looking where this item is physically located in my mondial T | FerrariChat

Looking where this item is physically located in my mondial T

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by brovreizh, May 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. brovreizh

brovreizh Rookie

Feb 20, 2020
    Hello,

I'm investigating an ignition problem on bank 5-8 and after looking to the wiring diagram, I'm looking for "Connection for cable multiplication item" also referenced as "40158" in mondial T workshop manuel. I can not find where this item is ? Does anyone know this ?
    Thanks.

2. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Cable multiplication item normally refers to a place where one wire branches off into multiple wires going to multiple locations. It's a fan-out connection. It could be a crimp with multiple wires, or a stud where many wires are attached.

Perhaps you can describe what your ignition problem is and ask for help that way.

3. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Where is "40158" located in the repair manual? Page and/or Figure?

4. brovreizh

brovreizh Rookie

Feb 20, 2020
    Here's a wiring diagram:

The 02406 and 02494 on the top right are respectively the coil for spark, and his associated power module for coil and 10514 at the bottom is the T55 connector for the motronic. All coming from "Workshop Manual for Mondial T".
    I'm missing power supply on my power module near to the coil on one side (bank 5-8) thus I would like to check the 40158 and 40165 mutliplication in order to see if there's no bad contact or bad ground.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Find connector 41037, find the pin 2 (cannot see the number very well), follow that wire inside its harness and you will find a splice where one wire becomes 2 wires, one going to 10514 and the other going to 02406.

6. brovreizh

brovreizh Rookie

Feb 20, 2020
    Thanks. I'm still looking this particuler connector 41037. I don't have any idea where it can be located. in front of the car ? near to the motor ? closed to the motronic box ? Any help on this would be appreciated :)

7. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #7 Qavion, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
    Unfortunately, engine harness "cable multiplications" are often found under the black plastic sheaths and impossible to find.

I've seen a similar ignition problems on 355's and it was found to be in a section of harness in the engine bay which may have been damaged during an engine out not far from the ECU.

Sorry, I can't help with 41037. If you can find a photo of the harness for sale, sometimes you an get an idea of where the plug is in relation to the ECU. The parts manuals also give you some idea.

8. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #8 Qavion, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
  9. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #9 Qavion, May 28, 2020
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
    That smaller plug in the diagram above appears in this picture.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    (photo "borrowed" from FChatter Randall Gatz... Thanks, Randall :D )

Unfortunately, I can't make out the wire colours. Some of them look rather thin, so may not be suitable for ignition wires.

It looks like that is located in the rear luggage compartment sidewall behind (or next to) the wheel arch.

10. brovreizh

brovreizh Rookie

Feb 20, 2020
    Thanks for your useful tips, I'll will investigate around this location and I'll check wired colors now that I've understand that colors are named in italian ;)

Qavion likes this.