Lotus Elite SII Project Car Value | FerrariChat

Lotus Elite SII Project Car Value

Discussion in 'British' started by 19633500GT, Jan 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Is $35-40,000 really the range on a project SII Elite?

This one in particular needs paint, including stripping current shabby paint.

Interior is shabby

Mechanicals gone through, likely some things rebuilt.

But an original car as it sits, just been in storage forever.

early car, with handbrake on the tunnel.

I don't have photos to add yet, but I thought that was a high price range. Am I wrong?

Anyone restored one of these?

Thanks!

2. threepedal

threepedal Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 26, 2016
    By Apple's Spaceship
    Full Name:
    Mark Joey
    #2 threepedal, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    I'm familiar with the Lotus Elite Series II & Lotus Series cars as I own a 1972 Lotus Elan Plus II

MOST important factor to consider with a early series Elite is the completeness of the car, frame rust issues & engine condition.

Here is a link to a Lotus website I belong to...

Lotus Elan and Lotus Elan Plus 2 Forums by LotusElan.net

Just use the search function & type in elite.

FREE to join & some EXTREMELY Educated & Knowledgeable Enthusiasts that are MORE than willing to provide insight & input..even though you are on..." The Wrong Side of the Pond"..

Asking price is within the realm of acceptability as recent auction prices are near $100,00.00 & at times OVER!...as always...number of alcoholic beverages & "dick swinging" factours have to be taken into consideration when evaluating auction results

http://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/1960-lotus-elite-series-ii/

http://www.conceptcarz.com/valuation/14995/Lotus-Elite.aspx

3. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    After 4 years, I finally got a chance to visit this car in person.

The owner neglected to tell me it was stored in a shed, under his rear deck...

Thoughts still remain the same on the price point though, which seems steep, no?

Paint looked originally robins blue, then a red repaint, the glass was in OK condition though (even though the photos appear "scary"). All bits were there too, engine/gearbox etc.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login