Lusso Tire Pressure.... | FerrariChat

Lusso Tire Pressure....

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by gilly6993, Jun 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Alright I’m horribly confused....I have stock Pirelli PZero’s on the car.....door sticker says 30 PSI front, 29 PSI rear.....anything under 40 PSI throws the low pressure warning on the car.....

What’s the correct tire pressure?

Did a lot of searching with no concrete answers....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I’m going to recalibrate the sensors at the correct number and hopefully the system corrects itself

3. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

The TPMS in your car should be programmed from the factory with the data on the sticker that is most often on the inside of your driver door.
    ( Like the sample above )

My suggestion would be to make sure you are setting the pressures when the tires are cold and that the car has been driven the amount of time to allow the car to register the new pressures.

It could be that somewhere along the life of the car, the settings were adjusted. If you are close to a Dealership, they can plug into your car and confirm for you that the correct psi is in the TPMS computer.

Hope this helps,

S

4. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thanks and yes tire pressures were cold. Spoke to my SA and he suggested recalibration and drove it for a bit

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  5. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    My dealer filled the tires with nitrogen to avoid the temperature swings that happen when driving too.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  6. jadatis

jadatis Rookie

Nov 26, 2009
    Dry air would chanche pressure with temperature chanche exactly the same.
    And the water in tire can only highen up the pressure 14.5 psi when going fron freesing to boilingpoint of water.
    Then its even an advantage, because lesser deflection so lesser heatproduction.

Nowadays pressure advice is kept higher then it would calculate with the official formula for reasons of responcibility.

If you give all the needed data, I can calculate a safe pressure for you.