Magnum PI movie news | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Magnum PI movie news

Discussion in '308/328' started by Birdman, Jul 8, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    +1

The movie really needs Selleck playing an older Magnum. I've read the other suggestions - McConnaughey, Vaughn, Farrell, Affleck - and they will all be about as memorable as Farrell was in the Miami Vice movie (There was a Miami Vice movie.) (You remember.) (Really, there was.) (OK just trust me Michael Mann did a film based on Miami Vice.)

As to the F430: are you guys nuts? ;) We already have a modern band like Maroon 5 using a 328 in a recent music video. I'd say put Magnum back in a 328 -- looks plenty modern with the body-colored bumpers, and no one in the theatre is going to know it's slower than a 430. In fact, most people won't know it's not a 308.

The car was an indelible part of the show and synonymous with 'Ferrari'. Stick a 430 in there and the casual moviegoer might not know it's a Ferrari without a bunch of close-ups of the horse emblems.

2. Crallscars

Crallscars F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2006
    Bainbridge, GA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Crall
    yep what he said

3. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    You are going to hear it for that one. :)

Gene

4. Crallscars

Crallscars F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2006
    Bainbridge, GA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Crall
    my vote would be to keep Magnam in a 308, when I see him , I'll tell him!

5. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I know. Where's that bottle opener...

6. PursangMK4

PursangMK4 Rookie

Sep 21, 2007
    +2..

..Donald P. Bellisario leaves "NCIS" series in 2007.. "Magnum, p.i" cast reunion on "Las Vegas" in 2007.. Titilating..

7. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    +1000.... Affleck would suck huge..... :(

McConaughey would fit very well IMO :)!!!!

8. PursangMK4

PursangMK4 Rookie

Sep 21, 2007
    Don't mess with a classic. Going any other way than the original cast would be a major mistake and a definite box office bomb. Only Selleck, Hillerman, Mosley, and Manetti get my vote. Get rid of Thurber..and bring back Don Bellisario..Glen Larson..Floyd Johnson..

Let your voice be heard..

Brian Grazer, c/o Imagine Entertainment, 9465 Wilshire Blvd, 7th floor, Beverly Hills, CA 90212. Phone is 1-310-858-2000.

9. PursangMK4

PursangMK4 Rookie

Sep 21, 2007
    It's hard to believe that Don Belisario, Glen Larson and Floyd Johnson would allow Rawson Thurber(&Co)to ignore what loyal Magnum, p.i. fans really want - A SERIOUS SCRIPT WITH TOM SELLECK AND THE REST OF THE ORIGINAL TV SERIES CAST MEMBERS!!

Come on Hollywood..put your egos on hold and make the most of a rare opportunity! The majority of movie goers that would pay to see a Magnum, p.i. movie are baby boomers that miss the tv series. Nothing would please them more than to see the aged characters of Magnum, Higgins, Rick and TC together on the big screen. A well written script that brings us into the characters lives as they are today would be embraced by Magnum,p.i. fans worldwide. There are actually websites and internet petitions that clearly make the point.."if it doesn't star Tom Selleck..we won't go see it."

I will only PAY to see a Magnum, p.i. movie is a tribute to the tv series. (and I most certainly won't pay to see some ridiculous "Dukes of Hazzard" flop)

10. ckracing

ckracing Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    Jacksonville,Florida
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Hey Guys, having the same problem with the Green Hornet Movie. Seth Rogan is being cast for the part of Britt Reid/GH

Just hope they don't use Will Smith as Magnum.

11. ts328

ts328 Karting

Sep 11, 2006
    Sacramento area, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Terry
    A friend at Imagine told me they are setting up a production office this summer..

12. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    #187 Christian.Fr, Jul 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. davebdave

davebdave Formula 3
    Owner

Mar 18, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Dave W
    Here is my script. . .

Thomas is back in Detroit and has his own office, is married and has a 20 year old son.
    His Son just got his P.I. licence and gets a job in Hawaii doing security for Robin.
    But, a big case breaks and he needs Dad's Help.
    Magnum returns and looks up his old friends and contacts for help on the case.
    Of course Jr dives a rare 430 spider with a manual transmission. Magnum and his son fight over who drives the Ferrari.

Dave

14. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    A 308 MUST make an important appearance in the movie. Face it, the car was as much the star of the show as Magnum. The friggin car got fan mail! (I read that someplace). Lets face it, half the people on planet earth that see a 308 will think of Magnum P.I. Most of the people that know nothing about modern Ferraris will be able to identify a 308 as a Ferrari from a distance--because of this show.

The car is the star. It's a bona fide member of the cast.

The movie should have Magnum in a new Ferrari but at some point in the movie, the new car is destroyed somehow and he has to triumphantly come screaming out of the garage in the 308 to save the day. :D

Birdman

15. Crallscars

Crallscars F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2006
    Bainbridge, GA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Crall
    works for me, I'll contact the Network.

16. djohnson63

djohnson63 Karting

Oct 4, 2005
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Darren
    I like it, I'd even wait in line to see it :D

17. Artvonne

Artvonne F1 Veteran

Oct 29, 2004
    NWA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Maybe Magnum was shot some time in the past, and has now awoke from a long coma. The 308, though covered with dust and sitting with a flat from the ensuing years, springs to life and the search is on to solve the mystery. Magnum gets a shave, the car gets a wax job, and all the old gang jump in to help out. Be funny if Higgins was found to have shot him, lol.

18. shahedc

shahedc Formula 3

Jun 4, 2007
    Washington DC
    not the moustache, no!!!

19. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy

Actually he would have a daughter about 25 now

20. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #195 BillP00, Jul 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I cringed when I heard about this movie because it was one of my favorite shows. And I hate to think that it's going to end up like Dukes of Hazzard, Miami Vice or god forbid...Charlie's Angel's!!!

They need to keep the 308 (even if it makes a cameo, because I doubt Tom Selleck will). I like the idea of a 355 Spider in the movie. It's more modern than the 308 but not product placement like a 430 would be. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that a 308 wouldn't catch the bad guys. This is not the Fast and the Furious or Redline (which also sucked) it's a detective movie. If they were going to have a bunch of fast car chases then they should put a SuperCar in the movie (i.e. F50)

As for who's going to play Magnum...I think they have the wrong Affleck. They should think about Ben's brother Casey (remember from the Ocean's franchise)? And in Ocean's 13 he had the mustache.

Bill

The photo I got from IMDB.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. chrmer3

chrmer3 Formula 3

May 19, 2006
    USSA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #196 chrmer3, Jul 11, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
    If Selleck &/or the 308 is missing the movie flops. IMHO both made the series- look at Indiana Jones- Harrison Ford is back- there is no other. Almost like James Bond - Other than Sean Connery or Roger Moore there really is no Bond.....

In todays politically correct Hollywood society it will be "Magnums" daughter starring as main person & driving an electic car on a mission to stop an industrialist villain Republican....

Chris

22. wazie7262

wazie7262 Formula 3

Feb 13, 2008
    Temecula, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I respectfully disagree; I love Connery but Daniel Craig kicked ass in the last Bond flick! I didn't expect him to be THAT great, nor the movie. But Ben Affleck? Uh, no.

23. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    ROFLMAO !! unfortunatley, your probably spot on !

24. Artvonne

Artvonne F1 Veteran

Oct 29, 2004
    NWA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I hereby vow, no Magnum/308, I aint going to watch and wont buy the DVD. Of course in this day and age when people pay to go see Michael Moore, it probably wont matter if people like me dont go. People pay to watch infomercials on cable for Gods sakes, they will pay to watch anything.

25. robbio99

robbio99 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
    That is interesting. Just wait for the pirated DVD?