Maine | FerrariChat

Maine

Discussion in 'New England' started by ScottS, Jun 26, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    My family has purchased a small house on the coast of Maine and will be driving my 360 spider up from Florida shortly for the summer. We are in Castine. Any suggestions for the area or specifically the trip up. We used to summer in Ogunquit/ Kennebunk and have spent time in Portland/Peaks Island.
    Roads to hit?
    Places ?
    Thanks in advance

19633500GT and Maine57S1 like this.
  2. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    If your going throught NH use the kangamangus highway amazing views and stops along the way.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

Anthony James, ScottS and 19633500GT like this.
  3. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    Congrats.. Castine is a pretty area...Unfortunately most of the fun coastal roads are congested this time of year.. Stick around for when the leaves change and summer people go home... I just learned about this group and will be attending their cars and coffee tmw with my 360.

https://www.mmscc.com

ScottS likes this.
  4. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Thanks

Yes, Congested and car is staying until the leaves turn...

Nearest independent service?

ScottS

5. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
    First indy shop in New England that springs to mind is Autohaus of Boston, but that's a haul from where you are...can't think of anyone closer, though.

I'm not familiar with Maine drives, but from where I'm at in central NH, I often head north and west to air out...lots of great roads in western NH/eastern VT, plus a lot less traffic than the more touristy places. I love the Kanc but probably best to hit it on a weekday, especially early morning. Avoid it on the weekend. More out-of-staters here this season than I've seen before, and it seems to get worse every year :/

ScottS likes this.
  6. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    I think our closest option is Boston. I havent had my car a year yet and it was serviced just prior to delivery but when the time comes i think ill be loading it on a trailer and bringing to Boston.

7. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Excited to make the drive. Had service etc.

Will miss driving daily but other toys will occupy.

Applied to the Maine British and Euro club.

Thanks for the tips.

ScottS

8. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    I just applied as well and went to their cars and coffee this am. It was a neat collection of vintage british cars with a few Alfas mixed in along with my 360. Also met a guy with 250 GT that he has owned for 47 years but it wasnt at the event.

9. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    Congrats on the house, I'm sooo jealous! I spend a lot of time in Maine from Casco bay up to Winter Harbor and all I can say is there is a ton of coastal beauty to be had. I would take the advice from post 3 and yes, there are plenty of roads to enjoy your 360 on especially in the fall. I have always wanted to take my car along for some fun, but it just hasn't worked out. Perhaps someday I can find a place there on the coast that has a nice garage, and then I will have no excuse not to have some fun along the coast. If there is one particular road I would definitely recommend to enjoy and take a bunch of pics, would be the Schoodic loop road off of RT 186 in Winter Harbor. And then off to RT 1 north to Lubec! Enjoy

10. amerikalei

amerikalei Karting

May 23, 2011
    The "air line" from Brewer up to the NB border near Calais used to be a pretty nice drive, and then you can circle back down to Castine by way of Eastport (worth a visit) and Mcachias. I was doing it regularly back in 2008-2009. Once you get a bit off the coast, traffic tends to be fairly sparse. Aroostook County (which is bigger than CT) has some nice runs too, Route 11 I think is a good one. On the northern side of the state the roads up to the Jackman and Coburn Gore border facilities are also pretty nice. I recall a woman in Jackman told me that summer was the nice season for low tourist activity in the "Switzerland of Maine".

11. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
    Pretty sure I saw this guy in Meredith, NH, yesterday evening. Saw a silver 250 GT PF cab making its way through traffic with Maine plate "250 GT"; can't be too many of those in Maine! Was super cool to see.

Drae and Maine57S1 like this.