maintenance concerns on a 308 GTSI that has not been started in 5 years | Page 2 | FerrariChat

maintenance concerns on a 308 GTSI that has not been started in 5 years

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by phrogs, Apr 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MarkG

MarkG Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Meister: Typical Red/Tan

2. GearHead

GearHead Karting

Jan 3, 2004
    Mark's car is a great example.

Unless you are buying that non-runner for $5,000, you'd be better of buying Mark's car for $18K.

$15K for that non-runner is way too high. The 80-82 308s just aren't worth enough to financially justify a big restoration, esp. when there are plenty around that need relatively minor work in the $18-$22K selling (not pie in the sky asking price, but actual selling price) range.

Even if you do all the work, the parts just add up too fast. If you don't even know what CIS is, I'm sure you don't know the price of a new CIS regulator and related components.

3. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan

Well I am learning about the mechanical side of ferrari Its going to be alot of reading I do the same thing with all cars I own, while the 308's are not big money I love projects and of all the ones I have seen this one is by far the best $$$ due to the parts that are comming with it.

I figured this was a good deal as I was looking to get the car around 12K but Im not going to be able to get the car at this time, I need to FInish the restoration on the corvette Im doing before I can get into a ferrari right now.
    With the acumulation of the parts that the owner has I think the price of the car and any other parts would have been trivial at best, the main thing is the car would have been perfect at completion.