Manheim infö for 2016 Benz S550 | FerrariChat

Manheim infö for 2016 Benz S550

Discussion in 'Other German' started by BoulderFCar, Sep 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BoulderFCar

BoulderFCar F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Asheville, NC/Ft Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom
    If anyone can provide what current auction sales have gone through at it would be greatly appreciated. Looking for a highway sled but want to save some depreciation. Thanks.

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Check you PM.

3. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    There are a few cars that I would not own (and that says a lot coming from someone like me), without a CPO or new car warranty. The S class most definitely one of them. I am on my 3rd one, mine is a car the owner built to have everything he could get to make it like a Maybach (I recently found out the original sticker was almost 160K), and it is a very complicated car, Auction numbers may give you a general idea but they will not tell you what options the car has, I have been in some far less optioned cars than mine and they don't feel the same. I have a friend who is the used car manager of a multi store MB dealer, I can give you his contact info. Putting the CPO on I think cost the dealer around $2500, and in my opinion it worth it to pay more for a car with a warranty.

LARRYH and Texas Forever like this.
  4. SlickMurphy

SlickMurphy Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2004
    Essex
    Full Name:
    David
    Unless you need 4Matic, try to find an S Class with Magic Body Control. We have it on our 2016 Maybach and it is quite the system.

5. BoulderFCar

BoulderFCar F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Asheville, NC/Ft Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I think you're talking about ABC. I've had it on 3 MB's. Works like magic but it's very problematic. That's an option I'm staying away from.

6. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Do those auction numbers include the VIN of what cars were sold? If so, using those vin decoders online could help pinpoint the options since they can add on quickly. I have no affiliation to this site and it was the first google result: https://www.datamb.com/

7. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I have tried those sites in the past and they don't seem to list what options are on the car.

8. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Manheim doesn't show any options or VIN numbers in the auction results. You can research the cars before they go to auction, but that's about it. Simply put, as one dealer told me, "Options don't affect wholesale values. They just make the car easier to sell."