Maranellos are disappearing | Page 47 | FerrariChat

Maranellos are disappearing

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by intrepidcva11, Mar 30, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. A_Christoofar

A_Christoofar Karting

Jun 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    You are (all) right and I was wrong. Result of quick glance at the results page. 340k for the extra badges still seems a bit bonkers to me. The tdf is a car I would have bought at that price if I happened to have that sort of cash looking for a home (I don’t). Guess someone really wanted a good Maranello in that spec. Don’t blame them!

ROFGO Duncan Hamilton have just sold a similar mileage, ex Ross Brawn, ex Rod Stewart 550. Price undisclosed...

2. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
  3. Frozenguy

Frozenguy Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2004
    Bay Area, Califronia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Another humorous description on a Maranello. NF2s are now Enzo wheels, which are center lock and prohibitively expensive. NF1s, which are center lock, will not fit Maranellos and are still a long ways from Enzo wheels. The NF2s appear to be the only Novitec mods I can see. The brakes are aftermarket Brembos and quite different from the 8 piston front caliper Novitec brakes adapted from a Mercedes hot rod.

5. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    #1155 ralfabco, Dec 9, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    I think sellers can do better if they sell a 'collector/exotic' vehicle, by broker. At least it gives you the opportunity to think about an offer and the broker will filter out low ball offers. Of course, if you need the funds quickly the auction house may be the best option. The brokerage fee is usually significantly less than the auction house.

I realize you can put the car in the auction at a reserve price. The auction also takes the car off the market during the process and if it is overexposed by relisting it the buyers may wonder why the vehicle does not move. With the broker you can take your car off market and re-introduce the vehicle during the 'buying' season.

Dealers accepting a vehicle on assignment 'may' play you for time and hope you have little patience and will soon consider a below wholesale offer. I remember asking a dealer about an exotic a few times. The dealer went out of his way to steer me away from the car and mentioned, it was a 'consignment' vehicle. They did not want me to even take a peek at the car.

6. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    tell me why, Taz, twice

7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Seth- I think everyone can figure that one out. Just like they can figure out that a 250 LM is a better Ferrari than a 550, but it is likely RHD (small number LHD), has a dog clutch transmission, an on-off clutch, and an interior that would be good for baking a ham when not moving quickly. So it definitely is not as good a car as a 550.

8. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
  9. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Never ceases to amaze me why people pay a hefty premium for these. A case of "Limited edition syndrome".

LVP488 likes this.
  10. NE550

NE550 Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Yeah it'll be interesting to see what this WSR goes for...if it sells. I'd say they're overestimating sale price by a fair amount, but well see...

Btw, has anyone else seen this guy on Youtube? Claims he made $45K flipping a 550 last Nov that he got on trade for another exotic. He's a dealer in south FL (and one of those "I'll show you how to make big money flipping exotic cars" shysters), so must've "stolen" it on the trade value. He has some interesting takes on things, but mostly he's full of sh*t if you ask me.

11. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
  12. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    This one seems a far better proposition to me:
    https://www.artcurial.com/fr/lot-2000-ferrari-550-maranello-no-reserve-3980-96

(I may even give it a try...)

docapl likes this.
  13. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    F456M and docapl like this.
  14. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
  15. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Just looks like the same overpriced cars for sale that have been on the market for some time - in some cases now over two years.

Lots of Barchetta's for sale though. 14 regular 550's vs 13 Barchetta's on Pistonheads. That's rather skewed considering numbers of each produced.

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  16. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Oh I see. I hadn’t been following that closely, but still strip out the Barchettas and the US and European and LHD cars and only a handful of UK RHD 550s for sale. I wonder why there are so many Barchettas?

17. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Investors wanting to cash in? Once one or two put theirs on the market, others feel the need to sell before the price falls too far?

18. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    WSR went for Euros 210,000! That's £178,000, or $230,000.

19. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    How does that rank compared to previous WSR sales?

i was at rétromobile yesterday and the atmosphere was buzzy. I wonder how the sales went in general. Good market check.

F456M likes this.
  20. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    No idea, but it sounds like a lot of money for a left hooker with a few extras and 15K miles on the clock.

21. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
  22. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name: