360 - Market value 87 Countach | FerrariChat

360 Market value 87 Countach

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Chadbourn Bolles, Jul 28, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chadbourn Bolles

Chadbourn Bolles Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles
    What is the market value of 87 FI Countach from hi to low
    Thanks

Chadbourn Bolles
    803 532 6257
    803 798 3044 cell

2. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    carbed or F.I.?

3. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Not much guess work reg this, between BAT official sales records and Sackeys sales (probably also some private high $ kept secret in his organization) , pretty much sums it up, at least in the US.

4. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    EMILIO likes this.
  5. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Impossible to say aside from a random guess without specific details of the car and it's current status, if any car's market value is characterized by a huge range, it's the Countach.

6. MiuraP400

MiuraP400 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2008
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Looking at hammer price I see one 1987 FI car sold in 2022. It sold for $572k. I see an 88 FI for as little $275k and a high of $600k this year. I thought there was a QV FI at a BAT auction for $850k? Seems to be a lot of variation.

Cheers Jim

7. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    as already said is difficult to say a value on countach without having the complete picture

really depends on conditions, colors, mileage, history, owners, euro conversion, books and tools...etc

from 400k$ to 800k$ may sound silly but it probably gives an idea of prices from a bad car with lots of things to be corrected to a superb one in desirable colors
    a complete restoration and looking for original parts is a lot of cash and time consuming

i have to say the QV F.I. cars went up a lot last 12 months

8. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I'd say $300 - $600 is more realistic for a Fuelie, no matter what outlier results we have seen on BAT.

All Countachs have generally gone up the last 12 months, LP400S, LP500S, Downdrafts (consistently bringing over $1 million) and 25ths included.

9. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    QV Fi are amazing Big 4 valve engine. Super reliable. 16 years and counting. Love it.

10. Brr8E

Brr8E Rookie

Jun 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Brady Esch
    I picked up the white 88 5000QV FI on BAT from last month, a bit above my $560k high bid. I had the car inspected by a well-qualified appraiser before agreeing to terms. I plan to hold it for a very long time.

11. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    That gives me comfort. I won't be in a position to buy one for another few months. I'm hoping the market will crash (no offence)

12. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Not sure if the current Countach market(any variant) will crash, pretty stout group out there, probably getting a good deal on a Urus is more likely. Looking at BAT 4-5 Fi cars have traded in the high 500 to -high 800 range. In the last 2 -3 months, with dd cars trading over a million acc Joe. Not a rushed market, but a healthy realistic upp swing

13. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Now you've depressed me again. I'm still hopeful of winkling one out somewhere. If I ever buy a Urus, somebody shoot me before I sign the cheque.

Ellagirl likes this.
  14. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Off subject,but the VW Atlas cross sport in a good color and some fender extensions would be a much better looking Urus. Wider more planted and bad ass looking.

15. Chadbourn Bolles

Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles

16. Palm Event

Palm Event Rookie

Apr 27, 2020
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
  17. Palm Event

Palm Event Rookie

Apr 27, 2020
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Awesome, congrats! How is the car? I purchased mine about 6 months ago. 88 1/2 FI.

18. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
  19. Palm Event

Palm Event Rookie

Apr 27, 2020
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    3 are anniversary, 1 5000 S

20. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Similar to the euro market/ 4valve cars. Anniversary for sale(although the selection is thinning).

21. Brr8E

Brr8E Rookie

Jun 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Brady Esch
    I'm loving the car! It was delivered last Thursday, Saturday I took it to the local Target store parking lot car show with about 150 cars/trucks of every kind and it had a ton of photos taken of it. From there I drove it to the nearby Lamborghini dealership, for a formal event Tuesday night. Quote from the dealership "the car is stunning." The mechanics were real excited to see it, so similar cars don't come in often at all. At the Tuesday event my car was highlighted in front between a stunning Miura and a new Aventador SVJ, and the Countach stole a lot of attention. Lamborghini CEO attended and lauded the dealership, then signed my car :)

Now I'm preparing to learn the mechanical maintenance side, wondering what parts I should remove and box for judged events only (e.g., cap/rotor...). Just today received (three of my four) new P7s - wow that rear tire is wiii-ide. I'm curious about the Perma-Tune ignition, wondering about points-free upgrade, standard modern reliability/performance upgrades that can be completely concealed (with OE parts kept). What thread should I go to for these?

I'm an engineer, and working on cars got me into engineering. For me the mechanical experience is as rewarding as the owning/driving. Other than sneaky performance updates, I want to keep the car as original as I can.

22. Chadbourn Bolles

Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles
    Now I'm preparing to learn the mechanical maintenance side, wondering what parts I should remove and box for judged events only (e.g., cap/rotor...). Just today received (three of my four) new P7s - wow that rear tire is wiii-ide. I'm curious about the Perma-Tune ignition, wondering about points-free upgrade, standard modern reliability/performance upgrades that can be completely concealed (with OE parts kept). What thread should I go to for these?

Brr8E No modern car has used points in the distributor for years. Removing the cap/rotor how is the engine going to run, unless you go to system that is crank triggered and eliminates the distributor, you are going to have to keep the cap and rotor. Now you may also find a system that works COP that would be nice.

23. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    reg ign,i uppgraded to MSD, works great,i did notice a crisper runnin engine,that beeing said my original Marelli boxwas replaced under warranty in the early 90 s,then lasted until 2018, my tach started skipping,wich Evans told was a poss indication the ign box was starting to fail. good luck with your car,i love mine,and inreally enjoy working and maintaining it.

Brr8E likes this.
  24. I'm running a MSD box as well. I think @raymondQV is still selling the conversion kits.

Spyder-Man likes this.
  25. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    George Evans. Plug n play. Send your original ign box mounting plate. He will innstall MSD box, coil and wire loom. Ship back to you. Super easy.