MarkPDX - I'm Alive and Well! | FerrariChat

MarkPDX - I'm Alive and Well!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by hoffmeister, Jan 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hoffmeister

hoffmeister Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Baghdad...again
    Full Name:
    Jesse
    I can't get this thing to allow me to respond to your private message so I had to start this thread...

Anyways, I'm alive and well! Thanks for asking! I've actually just returned to the US a couple weeks ago...for good this time. I've been overseas for almost 6 years straight. I finally got to take my 308 for a spin after owning it for over a year and never even touched it before that. What a blast, too bad it's so cold here in Indiana the last couple weeks that I've only been able to take it out twice. I talked to my friend who's still there (Baghdad) yesterday. He said they hadn't yet released the names of the 2 US contractors that were killed in the car bomb the other day outside the Coalition HQ but it wasn't anyone from our department. But sadly one of our "local Iraqi workers" that helped us with our PC installations was one of the many Iraqis killed who were just trying to get to work. They are just kids really, no older than 20, and working for something like $90 a week. It's really sad that this **** has to happen. Probably the first time in the kid's life that things were starting to look up, then he gets killed by some f*&king rat bastard Al-Queda POS. Sorry for the rant, it just pisses me off. Anyway, thanks for the message. Take care and be safe.

Jesse

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    *barges in to private convo*
    Thanks for doing anything and everything and Welcome back to the US of A.
    */barges in to private convo*

3. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Jesse

Glad your back and glad your safe!

WELCOME HOME! :)

4. udalmia

udalmia Guest

welcome home! where in indiana are you

5. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    I have a question that someone like you might have an answer to.... As a Car Guy and Forces Guy..... Any idea what happened to the Sadam and Son's Car collection???

and Welcome home good that you are safe....

6. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Good question, I understand they did have some Ferraris & Lambos.

7. hoffmeister

Nov 1, 2003
    Baghdad...again
    Full Name:
    Jesse
    Thanks for the warm welcome fellas! As far as the "mystery of the missing cars" goes, I have no idea. I wish I did, but I actually did not even get to leave the HQ except for rides to the airport. More than likely they were stolen or destroyed...too bad so sad for Saddam. Take care and be safe.

Jesse

8. hoffmeister

Nov 1, 2003
    Baghdad...again
    Full Name:
    Jesse
    Indianapolis area.

9. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Glad to hear you are back safely.

10. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    hoffmeister, welcome home!
    i have been offered 15k a month to go to iraq as a aircraft tech. as far as i know i would be with the 101st or 82nd Airborne folks on a base of some kind. $180,000 payout plus signing bonus. they will send you to a anti terrorist training camp for 9 days for basic weapons and survival training. any advice???? or am i nuts ?? i am single and i have family that can watch my house ect for me. i have my FAA A&P license and currently work for General Dynamics/ Gulfstream. if the **** ever hit the fan there is no way i would let "them" get me alive. since you were there you must know more of whats its like than what the MAN lets the media tell us. any advice would be deeply appriciated. i am VERY serious about this. thank you, MICHAEL