Marshall Goldman Motors? | FerrariChat

Marshall Goldman Motors?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by FarhanRoute786, Feb 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FarhanRoute786

Jan 7, 2019
    California
    Full Name:
    Farhan Fadoo
    There have been mixed reviews on this dealership in past FerrariChat threads and elsewhere online. I'm looking at purchasing a 458 from them. Has anyone done business with them that can share experience?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-N960U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Overpriced dealer with a nasty attitude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. FarhanRoute786

Jan 7, 2019
    California
    Full Name:
    Farhan Fadoo
    Thanks, sounds like I should steer clear. Any others with recent experience?

Sent from my SM-N960U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. Natkingcolebasket69

They have very nice cars but if u look on yelp.com or search on the forum u will
    See the same stories: hard to
    Do PPi, won’t budge on price, nasty condescending attitude. I’d not give them my money;)

5. efes9

efes9 Karting

Oct 22, 2014
    Bought (sight unseen) a 2005 SuperAmerica from them. easy to deal with, and they helped arrange a PPI (done at their facility). I believe they vet the cars thoroughly, and more or less sell "garage queen's". Not the cheapest guys, but good, solid, no stories inventory

FarhanRoute786 likes this.
  6. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Well, besides rude and condescending, which part of their "f**king forget to pick you up at the airport like we said we would" attitude do you want to discuss?

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Amen;)

8. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I deal with whoever has the car I want. It typically takes me eighteen months or more to find that perfect ride. So I'm not going to let reviews affect me one way or the other. My bet is that many negative reviews come from people who are PITA customers themselves. I've had perfect luck so far.

Auraraptor, tbakowsky, LARRYH and 4 others like this.
  9. Natkingcolebasket69

That may be true but I never encountered such a cocky and rude place though. Just do a search on here, yelp etc EVERYWHERE their bad attitude is mentioned. Can’t be just Pita customers in my opinion

10. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I didn't say it was, and reviews here are different from reviews elsewhere. But if, for example, MG had the perfect 612 or FF I wanted, I would still go after the car, and I would get it. I would be sure not to put them out any, though, knowing that they might be prickly. If I was flying in, for example, I'd never consider asking them to pick me up at the airport (I would never do that in any case). I'd contract a limo beforehand and get myself there. All the paperwork would be done by the time I got there, so I would spend as little time with them as possible (Just politely look around, thank them, and split). And I would fly in, because I'd never miss a chance to drive in the great American southwest.

11. Natkingcolebasket69

LOL- makes sense then;)

G. Pepper likes this.
  12. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    #12 19633500GT, Feb 23, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    No offense. But letting the shop you’re buying a car from, also be the shop that performs the PPI, is typically not a good thing. Too many easy outs and corners to cut and integrity is easy to manipulate when they control the report.

PS. You may of meant “helped arrange” meaning you sent your own guy, but used their facility. In that case, cool and I misunderstood.

ScottS, BOKE, Lusso123 and 3 others like this.
  13. Pooka

Pooka Rookie

Dec 24, 2012
    LEAWOOD, KS

They buy it on manheim auctions and other sources just like most others. They bought two (i think a 458 and 430) on wed. You lost me at PPI at their own facility.

Having said that I echo with G.Pepper.

14. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    It's been 5 years since I bought my 355 there. I had a positive experience with them. We discussed the car on the phone and I arranged for a well-known Ferrari mechanic (who had performed a major on the car) in Ohio to do the PPI. It was in the dead of winter and I flew there to meet the mechanic and the folks at the Dealership. They picked me up at the airport. After a conversation with the mechanic and a review of the PPI we sat down and discussed a couple of minor price adjustments and things they would take care of. The paperwork was basically done when I got there and they offered to transport it to Virginia in an enclosed trailer for $600 which I thought was reasonable. I was fine with the price and they have a beautiful collection of cars there. I would speculate that the 355 was one of the least expensive models they had on the floor.

Once we wrapped up the paperwork....they were kind enough to give me a lift back to the airport. Like most car dealers, they disappear once the car is yours. When it arrived in Virginia, one of the headlights was acting up which turned out to be a minor adjustment but they sell cars and don't fix them.

So, make sure you personally check out the car. The mechanic I hired said over 50% of the people who buy cars from MG buy them without seeing them personally. In some ways that speaks well for the quality of the cars they sell in other ways....it is sad that someone can't take the time to actually see what they are buying.

The last point is that many of the cars they pick up are from people's collections or at other car dealers. Sometimes they have the complete history of the car and other times they have nothing. In my case, we had the CarFax, recent major paperwork and the PPI. Once I got it to Virginia, I took it to Ferrari of Washington for a complete inspection. The only thing they found was the windshield wipers on the car needed to be replaced.

So, my experience was positive and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

LARRYH, BOKE, energy88 and 3 others like this.
  15. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    They’re car pimps. No different than any other car pimp.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

16. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    They have a 599 SA in Rosso Dino that I believe was from Naples Motorsports so they do work with other dealers. Also if they have a car in the spec that you want and it checks out then get the car!

G. Pepper likes this.
  17. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I just worked with a guy that had purchased a Ferrari (360 I think) from them. He didn’t fly out to look at the car, but was told it was magnificent. When the shipper arrived the first thing the driver said was “your not going to be happy.” Needless to say the car was in terrible shape and not even close to what was described. I always had assumed they dealt in prime cars by looks of their adds in DuPont. Point is, always go look at the car in person and have a non-associated shop do a ppi if you can.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  18. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I’ve bought multiple cars from them.....all good

G. Pepper likes this.
  19. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    I am from Cleveland. I have a 40-year history with Marshall Goldman going back to the Shaker Auto Leasing days. They are a well-established entity that has an excellent reputation with almost all that have done business with them. I find it rather amusing that all posters that did business with MGM had good experiences, but the hearsay posters differ.

Anyone who buys a Ferrari without due diligence deserves what they get. There are more than a few sponsors of FChat that sell used Ferraris that could learn some valuable lessons from MGM.

YMMV

Cigarzman and G. Pepper like this.
  20. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    I have never dealt with them, and this is the first time I have checked their site that I can access it outside the US without a VPN. I guess they finally fixed it.

Having said all of that, there prices, from the models I am familiar with, are insane. I don't know if they take off a lot form the asking price, or have benefitted the past few years by the market rising up to their asking price, or just wait to catch suckers.

Yes, they have some nice time capsules and garage queens, but even those are priced very high. Having taken a second look they are way higher above the market on the rarer stuff than the 355/360/430 cars.

I guess if it is something unique and they have the only one you have to deal with them. But most of what I see there is available elsewhere at much better prices.

They seem to have a big inventory. I would not want to be them if the market drops 30%.

I hope they get every penny. Good for them if they do.

Natkingcolebasket69 and BOKE like this.
  21. Natkingcolebasket69

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Not everyone has ur experience

22. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    I don't give a crap about five-star Internet hearsay. Marshall Goldman has an excellent reputation from actual customers. 20 years ago I sent my mother a Jaguar sedan as a 65th birthday gift. The folks at Marshall Goldman received the car, detailed it, and did all the paperwork including a temporary tag gratis. There isn't a single sponsored dealer on FChat that would do the same.

Do you have any personal experience with Marshall Goldman or are you just posting stuff off the Internet???

If you are in the bay area why are you looking at cars for sale in Cleveland??? The midwest is the last place I would buy an exotic from.

Cigarzman, Lusso123 and G. Pepper like this.
  23. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Finding the right exotic is often a nationwide search.

tazz99 and Xtreme5053 like this.
  24. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    And if you find a bad dealer keep looking, don't defame them on the Internet without personal experience.

25. Natkingcolebasket69

Yep - I tried to buy a Testarossa from them and they were the most condescending people I ever saw; refused a PPI outside their shop. Top of that it was vastly overpriced.
    When I purchased my car from Ferrari of Orlando there’d were many issues from them but they also fully detailed the car and later on for repairs at ferrai of SF. Ferrari of central Florida is also a sponsor on this forum so your statement than no sponsor would do this is not correct.
    No one is affiliated with them in here; however we respect your positive experience and opinion.