Martin Brundle just unleashed on F1 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Martin Brundle just unleashed on F1

Discussion in 'F1' started by Bas, May 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Not true

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    You're right. There was the exception when Mercedes wanted Rosberg to win.

3. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Please no P & R in the F1 forum.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  4. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    LOL

5. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I like Ike! :)

375+ likes this.
  6. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Dead presidents are always welcome!

7. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    When they are printed on green paper.

daytona355 and 375+ like this.
  8. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

With many zeros :)

stavura, daytona355 and 375+ like this.
  9. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Bottas clutch had an algorithm anomally.
    That ain't racing.

daytona355 likes this.
  10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  11. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    If Ham had the clutch issue, he wouldn't get a pass on Fchat

cairns and ATBNM3 like this.
  12. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Actually thought the same thing after reading 20 % of his rant. Nothing different from what the Usual Suspects have opined for countless years. I believe we all knew what was on the horizon when Merc bought/brought everyone good outside of Adrian to the team. Once they had the combination to curtail premature tire evacuation, it was over. ;)

13. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

But he would on MercChat ;)

stavura and daytona355 like this.
  14. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    If a journo like Brundle can see it, why can't the FIA? I mean, they have ex-racers on board, like Brundle. Or does FIA really stand for Fingers in Arse.

On top of that, with what Brundle said about Ferrari, does no one in the team see the same thing, and discuss it with the boss?

15. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Its interesting, I have an invite to the Canadian Grandprix with one of the teams and I am on the fence about going. My son and I have a race that weekend which I prefer instead.

16. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    1 Engine (probably 3.0 litre V<any> 20K rev limit; lasts 5 races)
    1 Engine ECU program for the whole year
    1 engine mode in the engine ECU
    1 front wing element,
    1 rear wing element,
    0 monkey seats
    0 T-wings
    0 cover fairings
    0 barge boards
    0 floors larger than body above
    0 winglettes
    0 turning vanes
    0 diffusers
    0 coanda exhausts
    body conforms to the convex hull mathematic formula
    no refueling
    no mandatory pit stops
    no pit lane speed limit
    no electronically controlled differentials
    no brake balance adjustments
    Everybody refuels using the same gasoline tanker
    That tanker is filled from a random filling station anywhere within a 50 mile radius of the race track.
    maximum wheelbase = 100 inches
    Multiple tire vendors

cairns, stavura, SimCity3 and 2 others like this.
  17. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    What day is your race? If it is Saturday, you can fly out after your race, then go to the GP.

18. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Tend to agree with everything you have said, I don't watch F1 anymore since normal TV stopped broadcasting, simply refuse to pay Sky F1 for poor racing after watching 40 years of F1

I have said it before and say it again, until the FIA change the rules on testing nobody will catch Mercedes let alone overtake them. If you look at the facts in 2012 (V8) Mercedes won 1 race, 2013 (V8) they won 3 times, 2014 (V6) they won 16 races. That wasn't due to Hamilton brilliance by any stretch of the imagination, he is good but not that good.

In my opinion they forsake early victories in the preceeding years and developed the car, a lot of that credit must go to Michael Schumacher. Vettel is not a development driver and Leclerc certainly isn't I fear.

SF are doing the best they have and lets face it are much better than red bull (so far anyway)

The only way, as proved many times in F1 history, a team that dominates has found a radical / quantum leap in their design concept and outwitted the others. Strict rules now limit this dramatically.

SF will possibly only win one or two races this year on the fast circuits like Silverstone, unfortunately I also fear panic will set in and they will loose their way entirely!!!!

Tony

19. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Fully agree

jgonzalesm6, Isobel and daytona355 like this.
  20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The FIA is run via committee. Every single decision takes forever. And I do mean forever. FIA/F1 have to be run like a dictatorship. Preferably by someone that has brains and understands that sport is entertainment foremost

21. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Nothing reports to me a win will soon arrive for Ferrari

22. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    And I don't really care...they've made their own mess and frankly, do not really deserve a win.

jgonzalesm6 and william like this.
  23. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    OK, someone has to play devil´s advocate, so I suppose I´ll have to do it.

The engines are complex and sound like crap, but all the manufacturers (except probably Ferrari) wanted the downsized hybrid stuff, so, unless a grid of 20 Cosworths and 2 Ferraris is OK for you, we need to listen to the manufacturers. The current Formula can´t be changed either: FIA asked for suggestions from people interested in getting in, but nobody wanted, so you can´t piss the current manufacturers after forcing them to break the piggy bank.

The cars are too complex, too aero, etc... Well, they have been like that since... when? Late seventies? Once I saw a documentary about the 1979 season called "Car Wars" (Star Wars frenzy back then). Unfortunately it isn´t in Youtube anymore. In the film they interviewed James Hunt and Lauda and both said that they decided to retire because with the ground effect cars, the driver couldn´t make a difference anymore. "Coincidentally", both drivers´ 1979 season sucked big time.

Back in 2016, some said that the cars were not spectacular and too slow, so they changed them: now they´re wider, fatter tyres, bigger wings, etc... Of course, wider cars, more grip and bigger wings make overtaking more difficult. A shoot in the foot. I remember that back in 2016 Vettel said in an interview that "maybe more downforce is not a great idea" and the comments of the article were "shut up, you sissy, you´re scared of fast cars". Maybe he was right after all.

Mercedes is winning too much... Well, I´m gonna tell you one thing: probably nobody here hates them more than me. For me it represents everything that it´s wrong in motorsport: big company resprays car, extorts FIA, drops an insane ammount of money = instant success. They made the regs "á la carte", they got the tires they wanted and the tokens system gave them a two or three years head start. But do you know what? We´re into the sixth year of the hybrid era: Ferrari had some chances and wasted them, and Red Bull has been milking the excuse of the engines not built by themselves but that they´re given for free, so maybe they should STFU. Right now, I don´t want the Formula to change. I want to see Mercedes beaten at their own game.

And anyway: when have you seen a good race at Barcelona?

24. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Premature evacuation? I think there's a pill for that.

25. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    The sound, vibrations, the smells are all part of the spectacle. This past weekend @ Laguna Seca, Ferrari Racing Days ran Corse Clienti F1 cars and my god, all the fond memories of f1 came rushing back instantly. They weren't even racing anyone, just lapping around but I couldn't walk away; I just watched and listened as the 2 cars rumbled by over and over again.

No ear plugs, not sun glasses, totally unfiltered joy captivated my senses...icing on the cake were the FxxK evo lapping sessions that followed right after...just utter epicness, visually and acoustically.