Maserati Sebring Series 2 fuel injection assistance | FerrariChat

Maserati Sebring Series 2 fuel injection assistance

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by svprice810, Apr 3, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. svprice810

svprice810 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    california
    Full Name:
    victor preisler
    Hello,
    Can anyone refer me to an expert who knows the Sebring series 2 fuel injection in the USA preferably on the west coast. We are having trouble with cold starting. Once it gets hot it is just fine.
    Also looking for manuals on this car so we can figure out a couple electrical bugs.
    Thank you
    Victor

2. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Hi Vic,

Is this on the silver series 2 you bought in Georgia? That car has an electronic fuel injection system conversion that few (if any) on this forum has seen. Perhaps the cold start injector is faulty or they neglected to install one when the conversion was made. Do you know if it is based on the Bosch L-Jetronic?

I drove that car and it pulls nice and strong.

Ivan

3. svprice810

svprice810 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    california
    Full Name:
    victor preisler
    Hello Ivan
    Sorry I meant to put the series one on the post. Yes the series 2 runs well but my series one does not. We are looking for help on that car and also trying to find an owners manual even if a reproduction to sort out some minor electrical issues.
    Thank you for pointing out my error on the post as it should have said series one:)
    Have a wonderful evening
    Vic

4. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Hi Vic,

The Lucas Fuel injection manuals are available for download from my website:

The Car Nut - Maserati Manuals and Brochures

As for electrical diagram, I find it much easier to simply sit down with a multimeter and a wire tracer and figure things out. A wire tracer is a gizmo you attach to one end of the wire and then use a probe to locate the wire. Comes in handy on the early cars since most of the wires were either white or black!

I hear MIE has reproduced the diagrams in a format that is easier to read. The diagrams, especially on the 3500GT series cars, seldom match the car therefore I prefer to rely on my meters.

Ivan

5. jippiejake

jippiejake Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike Kerns
    Hi Vic,
    I met with Martin last week and drove your car.
    What a special car, I'm very interested..
    I was also interested in what you had done for the fuel injection though..
    Thank you,
    Mike

6. psw

psw Formula 3

Nov 17, 2005
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Hi Ivan, your site is amazing thanks for providing this valuable resource to fellow enthusiasts.

I've just purchased a Sebring Series 2 AM101/S/10*653* that has been fully restored a few years back & has Classiche Certification of delivery & all numbers from Fabio Collina. As I review your Manuals & Brochures the manual for Sebring is for the 3500 engine, many of the other details seem the same as my car, do you know if there was a Manual produced for the 3700 engine & associated fuel injection?

7. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Hi Peter.
    Thank you for your comments.
    The Mistral manual covers the 3.7 and 4.0 liter engines.
    http://thecarnut.com/Manuals/MistralUserManual.pdf

Ivan