Maserati to Cape Cod - Yes or No? | FerrariChat

Maserati to Cape Cod - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'New England' started by BluMalago, May 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BluMalago

BluMalago Karting

Jan 18, 2007
    Hey All,

I have an upcoming trip to Cape Cod planned and assuming the forecast is nice, I may be able to take a family member's Maserati Gransport Spyder. Is this a bad idea? I used to go on vacation there over a decade ago and I don't particularly remember the roads being too bad and everywhere seemed safe to park it. We plan on going to the beach, maybe stop by the Beachcomber, spend a day in Provincetown, you know, the usual Cape Cod stuff.

I more recently spent some time in Nantucket and between the sand roads to the beaches and the cobblestone main town (forget about the expensive car ferry), the car would definitely not be coming with us.

Honestly, it's no more than a $25k car at this point (which is why I would be able to take it in the first place) but people see Maserati and they think "holy cow, that car is expensive!" I love this car and I can't think of a better way to enjoy a week but I just want to make sure I'm not setting myself up for some problems.

Thanks!

2. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    I dont see a problem I drive my ferrari to my store in newbedford and it's fine.i know people get excited when they see them but that's what we signed up for when we buy them.down town cobblestone roads do not like the Ferrari feels like it's going to shake into a million pieces lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    Never drove a Maserati but I'm sure the grand sport blends a little better

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Go for it.

I think Route 6 is a death trap, doesn't matter what car you're in, but probably not worse than lots of other roads with a lot of summer vacation traffic.

Provincetown is kind of a tight squeeze down the main drag (pun very much intended) but at 4 miles an hour, how much trouble can you get in to?

Love the outer cape, I will get back there someday.

One of the worst bad guys my wife ever caught was in Provincetown.

D

02360spider likes this.
  5. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I see what you did there ;)

6. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner