News

Max-Flow converters

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ROCKY1634, Jun 9, 2005.

1. ROCKY1634

ROCKY1634 Karting

Nov 12, 2003
    has anyone had dealings with this company? they have a nice web site and their cats look good as well as having great prices. i have been unable to reach them for over two weeks, have tried e-mail, phone and fax to no avail. phone is always busy, no response from fax or e-mail.

i am looking for a pair of cats for my 355 spyder.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Jdubbya

Jdubbya Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
  4. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Full Name:
    Hugh G. Rection
    I too have seen their website, and amazed at their prices; but your experience is telling me you should go to our sponsors Ricambi America and Nick's Forza Ferrari, and get the Hyperflows instead.

Take the lack of response as a warning.

5. XR4Tim

XR4Tim Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Medina, OH
    I got a Max Flow for my old Saab, and it never quite fit right, despite their claims. It seemed like it was built well-enough, but the flanges on the ends weren't sized properly to connect with the factory exhaust system.

6. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    I talked to the Max-Flow owner, who also owns a Ferrari, and ordered one for my 308QV. After almost a month it still hadn't arrived, though they charged my credit card right away. No responses to emails, didn't answer the phone, ignored a couple of faxes. I gave up, faxed and emailed them a cancellation and called the credit card company and got the charge reversed.

ALSO -- and this is important -- they're using ceramic matrix instead of metal matrix. He had told me that he thought he was using the same core component as HyperFlow. Not so. I called Random Technologies, who makes the core for HyperFlow, and HyperFlow only uses Random Tech's best metal matrix. There *IS* a substantial flow differential: the 3" in/out ceramic flows 426 cfm and the 3" in/out metal flows 598 cfm -- a 40% increase!!!

But BOY, does HyperFlow put a major premium on the units. The "universal" for my car (though of course it doesn't have the bungs/fittings for the O2 sensor and thermocouple) is only $239.82 direct from RandomTech -- the HyperFlow version is $769 retail, and still $725 when discounted by our friends at Ricambi.

So... the bottom line: The Max-Flow is a major improvement over stock units at a substantially lower price. But the RandomTech/HyperFlow units are the "ultimate" in performance without going to a test pipe.

I ended up buying a HyperFlow from FChat sponsor Dan at www.RicambiAmerica.com

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    CALL RICAMBI i have delt with dan a few times and is great to talk too, the guy is a wiz, and has great parts !!!!!!!!!!! i just purchased a pair of hyperflow cats for my 348. i had them in 2 days !!!! he got me a windshield i had it in 1 day, CALL DAN AT RICAMBI.