Max Verstappen | Page 129 | FerrariChat

Max Verstappen

Discussion in 'F1' started by CRG125, Aug 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mosin

Mosin Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Tom
    lol what ever, seems max and his fans now feel entitled to have rules changed for them.

surfwolf likes this.
  2. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    What part of an entire team prepping for months for the race do you not get????? It's just like prepping for the real-life race, only vastly more hours are spent because they have unlimited access on sim and all the competitors are putting in that much time. It takes a very long time, and a lot of work, and a huge number of laps, just to get the car setups right. Then to have all of that time and effort go to completely to waste for the entire team because of a server issue, which is the direct and singular fault of the sim host.

??????? The hosting servers crashed, randomly taking cars out. Neutrality of AI could not be more irrelevant -- teams were randomly taken out through no fault of their own.

Bas likes this.
  3. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/max-verstappen-virtual-le-mans-disconnection/

Max Quote Cut & Paste from above: “This is also the last time ever because what’s the point? You prepare for five months to try and win this Championship, you are leading the Championship, you try to win this race which you have prepared for for two months and they handle it like this. Honestly, it is a joke. You cannot even call it an event. It’s a clown show. That’s why it’s better to retire the car because driving around in P15 for six hours makes no sense for everyone. It’s a disgrace with all the effort we have put in as a team."

Pretty interesting/encouraging to know that even Max/Redline has to prepare extensively for each race.

Bas likes this.
  4. Mosin

Mosin Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Tom
    It doesnt matter how much work they put into it, you cant just go changing rules of a torney because Max fking verstappen demands it......

“Within the Sporting Regulations (article 14.11) for the Le Mans Virtual Series it states that if four or more competitors suffer disconnections, Race Control will compensate any time lost by “giving back” the time in laps. This was done for the red flag stoppages and on other occasions. Where fewer than four competitors are affected by disconnections, it’s difficult to prove where the fault lies and therefore the rules state that laps are not given back.

“We obviously feel very sorry for all the affected competitors including Max Verstappen, and understand their frustrations, but we cannot change the regulations mid-race, even if it’s for a double World Champion who we fully respect, as this would be very unfair on all the other competitors."

Seems they have more sporting integrity than f1......... LOL

surfwolf likes this.
  5. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    It's safe to say that Max has very high quality network and computer hardware and he hasn't had these repeated issues on iRacing. It is not "difficult to prove where the fault lies" -- their servers have issues. I don't think he's asking for the rules to bent for him, what he is saying is that important racing series, that teams spend months prepping for, shouldn't be on a system that has repeatedly been shown to be unreliable.

SS454, LVP488 and Bas like this.
  6. Mosin

Mosin Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Tom
    You know every hop maxs pc made on its journey from his house to the host server in a different country? and you think his hops have better special upgraded lines that us peasents dont have access too? LOL ok.

Dont think you understand how the internet works.... dont matter how good his pc is, or his connection to " His network" are they are irrelevent in the world of the internet, some how i dont thinnk every hop he made on his way to the host server was his very own personal Max verstappen super internet highway......

7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1
    No point arguing with him. He can't even understand that it's entirely possible for not all drivers to be connected to the server at any given moment (since it's not neccesary). 4 drivers per team, 1 logs off, 1 gets a server side disconnect and boom, organizers shrug their shoulders and tell them to go away.

If Max had a proper internet failure, it would be different. Seeing as he was still talking and streaming at the same time, the fault is rfactor's server.

Mosin is a troll in the purest sense. Joins the forum just a few days before 2021 finale and hasn't stopped talking about it and attempting to tarnish Max ever since. Neither Max nor Hamilton are Ferrari drivers. Both are allowed criticism and praise. To make ones entire presence about just the one driver....well. Seeing as video games don't matter an ounce and yet he still spends his precious time...Simple math isn't it.

kes7u, dinges, SS454 and 1 other person like this.
  8. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    PS during the official broadcast they kept going round to various teams.

One of the teams was Porsche, who had a fantastic setup and several monitors set up. At one point, after plenty of disconnects from drivers, red flags and other issues...Porsche swapped their monitors to this:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

The stock price of Motorsport Games.

That shows it's not a Max Verstappen issue. EVERYONE was pissed off.

(except Motorsport Games Employee Romain Grosjean)

peterp, dinges, SimCity3 and 3 others like this.
  9. Mosin

Mosin Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Actually, the dc that made them retire happened to just Max, which is why his time was not given back., when it happened to a few people, they gave the time back / stopped the race.

Porches set up, in a different location is not Max verstappens location, you do understand how different locations / computers all connect to one location from all around the world right? through little underwater cables, through exchange centers and so on and so on ( U most likely have a little box at the end of your street which your local internet traffic all flows through, this is the first exchange of hundreds you will go through on your journey to this website true story bro... ) ...... Like the UK's all flows accross the English channel to connect to the rest of europe and how europes traffic to the UK goes through the same exchange and cables to the UK and so on and so on? some how, i doubt max / porches are able to control these or influence these..... Neither will the host server be able to control all these different exchanges.

10. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    I didn't like Max when he jumped into F1, too young, not a Ferrari guy, etc, but I think he has matured enough to be respected for his driving, and now I admire him for telling it like it is..."You cannot even call it an event. It’s a clown show."

11. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I'm going to guess that you have very little sim racing experience. It is not difficult to get extremely reliable internet service -- all of the long-haul stuff has redundancy built in, and it isn't difficult to find reliable internet access. Even with a standard cable plan, disconnects are extremely rare on iRacing. He's been racing on iRacing for years and hasn't had these issues, what does that tell you? Suddenly now the internets are bad?

Bas likes this.
  12. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1
    I've got near 300 races on iRacing, never had a server side disconnect. Compare that to my (short) experience on rfactor 2 and people I know that use it and the amount of server side disconnects they experienced. Well...

absostone and peterp like this.
  13. Mosin

Mosin Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Tom
    And how long is your cable from your house to the location of said server? Or do u connect to an exchange that connects to other servers and other exchanges to allow connections to and from? Some how I don't think the cable in my home and to the exchange on my street cover the 5000 miles to cupertino / us to this forum, and no such direct connections is ever going to happen, you see like every body.. I connect to my isp servers, who connect me to 16 other servers to allow me to post from the UK all the way on a server in cupertino, california, US, if a problem has happened it could have happened at 16 other locations other than my router.... I've have actually failed to load this website because the Manchester Internet exchange went down for an hour! It still worked fine on my phone though which connects via Macclesfield Internet exchange over the mobile network rather than virgin media's fiber optic server in Manchester.. But yet every other none us website worked on my pc... Amazing right?

Iracing host all races on its own servers, three of them Sydney, Boston and Amsterdam, r factor 2 uses its players computers who choose to host races as the server. I do play them you know

But you knew this already right? Did you think I didn't?

14. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #3214 peterp, Jan 17, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2023
    I honestly have no idea what you are talking about with distance to Cuppertino. I've participated in MANY 24-hour events in iRacing over many years, my team is always international (Europe, US, Australia, etc) -- and we are competing against teams and drivers from all over the globe. The major events split up, based on irating, into 30+ splits of identical, simultaneous full-grid races and there are zero issues. I've never seen a server disconnect ever.

You've answered your own question. iRacing has its own dedicated servers, designed and spec'd specifically to handle the load required, placed in strategic geographical locations to provide optimal performance across the globe. rFactor, on the other hand, leaches off of customers computers, of random spec, of random operating system/patch levels, of random performance capacity, of random CPU load, in random locations, with random network capacity. Do you not see how one is an industrial-strength professional dedicated server environment and the other is a "cup & string" hodgepodge of random, non-dedicated customer computers and networks?

If you know it, why would you try to suggest that rFactor's patchwork leaching of random customer computers and random customer network connections is anywhere close to the same league as the dedicated server/network environment in iRacing?

werewolf and Bas like this.
  15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The most glorious fact checking post of the month.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

werewolf likes this.
  16. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

+1
    it's all about takeovers and money at the corporate level.

Result: Clown Show

Bas likes this.
  17. Mosin

Mosin Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Tom
    The point was, you said, ill quote "It is not difficult to get extremely reliable internet service" My / your / Bas / timbuck fooking toos internet realibility service is irrelvent, because internet realibility is your conenction to the net, not every other pc / server connected through out the world that doesnt share your internet. i know it is hard for you to understand, but my 1130mbps connection wont mean i can download from bob on his dial up at my max speed, Yuo have no idea what different places Max's internet runs through to get to the server that was under attack from hackers ( Being Ddossed )......

P.S if you knew, you would know for that one race, rf2 used its own private server, the ( 1 maybe more ) contestants gave the address out.....Max's team retired form teh race after they was refused to be allowed time being given back after Max on his own dc'ed. you can read it on the lemans vitual 24 website.

i heard that when i upgrade to 3 gig in the spring, the forums website will magically upgrade from t1 to t3...WOOTTTTTT LOL cause i have super realiable internet and a super awesome pc / xbox and playstation. yeah man ill upgrade the website when i upgrade mine.......... only thing that matter is my speed yepp whhooopppp... if my mum is in timbuktoo with 3g, and im in japan with awesome 5g, she will have my super dooper awesome internet reliability because i rang her on whats app wooot...

Also, i was responding to bas's couldnt understand why two different games have different problems. he obviously doesnt undertand that if he hosted his own race on rf2, that he would not dc and have lag.

18. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    I'm still using NetScape and AOL.....am I behind the times?......yes?......no? :confused:

I'm good right?:D

SimCity3 and Bas like this.
  19. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Max is the WDC. Get over it :D

werewolf, Bas and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  20. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Do you not get that what you keep spelling out is the problem? It is a global race with global drivers -- the last thing you want is for the platform to only perform well for some drivers/teams/locations and for other teams/drivers/locations to have lag and disconnects. The fact that you say it would would not lag or disconnect if you hosted your own race is both irrelevant and literally identifies the root cause of the problem. It's not that anybody "doesn't understand" what you are saying about hosting your own race, it's that we are lost why you don't understand that needing to host it locally to eliminate lag and disconnects is the problem in a global race.

Arnage Competition's LMP (#100) lost connection at the same time as Max, but let's blame it on being a Max problem.

Bas likes this.
  21. Mosin

Mosin Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Tom
    So why did you say this the other day? " It is not difficult to get extremely reliable internet service" or is it only relevent when you say? another one of those Max verstappen rules?

And as i explained to you already. that comment ws aimed at Bas, not your poster boy, so again as Bas said, ill quote as you are easily confused talking about Maxs internet connection and how maxs super dooper internet makes the worlds internet super dooper.. Because, you know you have been to his house out and used it right? lol

As you can clearly see, Bas ( And people he knows who also play it, as said by Bas ) didnt know rfactor didnt use its own servers ( He said so, that is his statement right? his quoted unedited post agreed? ), and was complaining about disconnecting from rfactor servers ( Which dont exist), so obviously, hosting his own race, wil stop that, so to Bas's comment, it was / is relevent, thank you, have a nice day.

22. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #3222 peterp, Jan 19, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
    I've already explained it several times. Because on iRacing (the context where Max is coming from), you do not need to worry about the server side of the network AT ALL -- iRacing have designed a robust redundant dedicated server/network environment in multiple global locations and it does not have server disconnects because they've designed it right and using dedicated carefully spec'ed equipment. That's why I've never had a server disconnect ever in many 24-hour races. And a large 24-hour race on iRacing has 30 or so splits running simultaneous races -- so, with 50-car grids per split, -- that's 1500 teams, composed of about 5,000 drivers connected to the session, all racing simultaneously with zero issues. Meanwhile rFactor had one race with 16 teams and it failed multiple times. Is it really plausible that Max had a network error with his equipment when 2 cars were disconnected at the same time? What are the odds of that? It's just because they arbitrarily set the disconnect number to 4, which is stupid because it is very unlikely 2 will fail at the same time, that Max wasn't able to get his position back.

I have a standard cable network, and have never had an iRacing server disconnect in many 24-hour global races with a global team. I'm going to go out on the limb and say Max's connection is better than mine. He's been racing on iRacing hasn't had issues. That is the context he is coming from. When you view it from that context, which is the only rational context, him having three server disconnects on rFactor is an insanely high number, and the arbitrary rule of 4 simultaneous failures took his leading position and placed him in 15th.

rFactor absolutely sucks in that it can't handle one race, because it hasn't built the server infrastructure -- instead it relies on customer equipment that isn't up to the task and that doesn't work evenly or reliably regardless of geographic location. It has no business hosting races of this criticality until it fixes those problems. It costs iRacing a lot of money, on a recurring basis, to maintain their own dedicated server/network environment in multiple locations -- but that's why it works. rRactor is apparently too cheap to do that, that's why it doesn't work reliably or fairly for all participants.

I don't think there is any chance Bas doesn't understand what you are saying. What nobody can understand is why you are telling us exactly why rFactor sucks so bad, and then think the issue is that we can't understand it, instead of realizing that Max is right, unambiguously, for the exact reasons you've explained (the server environment they used isn't up to the task for hosting a global race).

dinges and Bas like this.
  23. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    SimCity3, werewolf, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  24. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    HAM 22% vs VER 21% win rate according to that data.

25. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Lewis won his 1st title in 2008. 6 years later he wins his 2nd title.

Max has won back-to-back titles in 2021 and 2022 given his age.

.....fyi

Bas and william like this.