Max Verstappen | Page 32 | FerrariChat

Max Verstappen

Discussion in 'F1' started by CRG125, Aug 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I think part of the problem today is that the stars of any sporting event are getting younger and younger....I think it needs some character to process all that praise and the expectations...Imagine being 18 years old and everybody tells you that you are the best and that you will be a multiple champion...Latest at 19 you most likely only have kissasses around you and nobody takes you aside when you are obviously wrong. At 19 I just did my Abitur and had no idea what to do with my life and they are expected to deal with all that...no wonder they get whiners and arrogant....

crinoid likes this.
  2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

The teams have a responsibility for this. Those are employee's who represent them and the sponsors.

3. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    They will always defend their drivers no matter what...look at Horner and Wolff...did they ever said Max or Lewis might be wrong?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

4. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Ok...that made me prick up my ears. Why do you say it'll be his last WDC?

5. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    On the risk of being called a fanboy, because im sure Max will be the next wdc for the next years.

That is simply What happened to the last few talents of the decade

6. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Ocon will school the infantile Max.

7. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Really?? He's that good?? I haven't seen flashes of brilliance yet. Can't wait, though.

crinoid likes this.
  8. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017

He's been driving the wheels of the Force India all season , showing up his more senior teammate.

crinoid likes this.
  9. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Max needs to look no further than his team mate who just accepts the outcome whether good or bad.

When Dan missed out on a podium at the Aussie GP there was no crying, infantile outbursts, fans threatening officials .............. just said he was waiting for the next race, nothing would come of having a whinge and getting the fans all stirred up

Max is talented but his DNA is tainted

crinoid likes this.
  10. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    He's a baby...give him time to grow up I say.

11. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    He's already a couple of steps further than just talented. You must admit that Max currently is on another level as Dan, qualy and race.

12. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I don't have to admit anything, Dan is a better race driver and has proved he can out qualify Max but Max has been doing better in the qualifying for sure

13. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    On the basis of ?

I'm not seeing it.

14. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    If you could only merge Ricci's mentality/maturity with Max's ability. Over time, Max will mature and will be unbeatable. However, if he doesn't gain that maturity, all bets are off.

15. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    So by out qualifying Verstappen he's the better driver? Funny. So Ericson is better than Wehrlein? Stroll is better than Massa, and surely Bottas is better than Hamiton.

it's not about what they can do if the stars are all aligned, it is consistency that makes the difference. Max out qualified Dan 14 over 5, That does count.

In the race max outperformed Dan on almost every race he finished. That does count.

I do like Daniel but stating he is the better driver of the two is like mixing up his name Daniel, denial

16. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Danni Ric is no slouch that's for sure. He's more experienced and that shows with some of the fights he picks (or doesn't). He's involved in fewer accidents.

Max gets involved in quite a few scraps, it really depends on the person you ask if he's to blame for them all....on this forum it's quite clear they think he's at fault for anything that happens. Move over to the Dutch side and he can do no wrong, and Vettel is to blame for everything bad that ever happened. Both sides are wrong. Most of the accidents that happened are purely race incidents by 2 drivers that refuse to give way to one another. Vettel is in a fragile state of mind, not in a quick enough car as he hoped to be right now, and with the young pretender stealing his (and everyones) thunder hot on his heels. Vettel doesn't want to roll over for him, he's a 4x WDC and Verstappen still clears the spots of his face every morning. Verstappen on the other hand has a point or two to prove...he's doing the Schumacher/Senna thing of placing his car somewhere and leaves it up to the guy he's overtaking if they're going to have an accident or not. That guy most often happens to be Vettel who is too proud to roll over.

If Ric is to be beaten by anyone he shouldn't have any shame it's Max. To be 2nd best to a driver of his caliber, nothing wrong with that. We see very few of such talents come along. He's not even that much slower on average, anyhow. Over time we'll see what Max can do, if he gets in the right cars (close enough to the fastest car) I think he has the potential to match Schumacher, not because he got in the greatest car but because of their respective abilities. Ric can then look back and be proud of his consistency and speed.

I quite like to see Ric in the Merc next to lewis, he'll match him. That'll be the third driver he's riled.

375+ likes this.
  17. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    If anyone is going to SEMA, a pal just texted me that Max will be there on Friday. My buddy was going to get him to sign Vettel Rules. lol I told him to sign it, To my friend (tell him your name is) Gary Connelly.

18. DF1

Certainly this is compliment - https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/132785/hamilton-i-need-to-raise-my-game-for-verstappen

Formula 1 world champion Lewis Hamilton believes he will have to raise his game further to fend off Max Verstappen in the coming seasons.

Verstappen dominated in the Mexican Grand Prix, his second win in the last F1 races, as Hamilton clinched his fourth title in ninth place after a first-lap collision with Sebastian Vettel.

Though Hamilton has won nine GPs this season, he is wary of the growing threat being posed by Verstappen.

"I want to be better next year," said Hamilton.

"The challenge is going to be even bigger from Ferrari and Red Bull next year.

"Formula 1 doesn't sleep. It doesn't stand still. There is always someone there waiting to take my position.

"I've got Max sitting there waiting to take it.

"I've got to raise the game another level in order to stay ahead of him and that motivates me.

Bas likes this.
  19. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

Niki Lauda thinks Valtteri will be a match:-

NOVEMBER 1, 2017

2018 Mercedes will suit Bottas better says Lauda

Mercedes is promising to build a car more suitable for Valtteri Bottas' driving style in 2018.

That is the claim of team chairman and co-owner Niki Lauda, who thinks he understands why the gap between the Finn and 2017 champion Lewis Hamilton gradually widened this year.

"At the start, the car was suitable for both drivers," the F1 legend told Finnish broadcaster C More.

"But through development it became more suitable for Lewis' driving style."

Lauda said that while Bottas, 28, tried to adapt his style to suit the latest iteration of Mercedes' 2017 car, it is now up to the team to correct the situation.

"The reason for what happened is more our fault than Valtteri's," said Lauda.

"The car for the coming season will suit not only Lewis' but also Valtteri's driving style," he promised.

20. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    And Emerson Fittipaldi thinks Fernando can win!!

NOVEMBER 1, 2017

Alonso can win 2018 title says Fittipaldi

F1 legend Emerson Fittipaldi thinks Fernando Alonso could have a title-winning car on his hands next year.

The once-great British team is switching from Honda to Renault power for 2018, and Fittipaldi thinks that could be the boost Spaniard Alonso is needing.

"I think it will be much better," Fittipaldi, a two-time world champion of the 70s, told AS newspaper.

"I think Fernando is the best and I also think McLaren has a great car," said the 70-year-old Brazilian, who was at the Mexican grand prix. "As Alonso said the other day, it is a great car in the corners.

"So if they continue with that quality of chassis and aerodynamics with the Renault engine next year, they can fight for podiums, victories and even the title," Fittipaldi predicted.

He also said he sees potential greatness in F1's other Spanish driver, Carlos Sainz.

"He is in a good place with Renault and I see him going step by step to the top," he said.

"The future is his along with drivers like Verstappen," Fittpaldi added.

21. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    And at the same time belittling Vettel....

22. DF1

+1 I was thinking it was a bit of a shot at Vettel as well....

Bas likes this.
  23. DF1

I saw this earlier. Thats a nice accommodation for Bottas. They need to both to be able to potentially score well.

24. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    What's wrong with that. F1 is filled with mind play so I do not see it different.
    On the other hand, based on 2017, and especially the last period, it would not be unthinkable that Ham really does see Vettel not as his nr1 competitor..

And as almost everybody on this forum has the opinion that Ferrari will probably not bel able to put it all together in one season in the near future ( they are Italian, they have more passion that structure, they have a bad management etc etc), he probably just agrees with us.

We all question marked Alonso but he did prove his point until now: you cannot become wdc driving with Ferrari.
    Seb probably saw himself as the absolute Schumi successor in turning the team into what Schumi did (btw I do think Schumi was in a very fortunate position with Todt and Brawn, and not forget Bridgestone and unlimited testing in that period) Unfortunately for him, until now he failed. And he will continue to fail as I do think he lost quite some credit this year.

25. DF1

I didnt say anything was wrong......please do not think for me based on a very small sentence. Bye

Bas likes this.