Max Verstappen | Page 38 | FerrariChat

Max Verstappen

Discussion in 'F1' started by CRG125, Aug 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew

kizdan, Bas Jaski, and furoni banned until Monday for personal attacks.

All the best,
    Andrew.

2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Karma perhaps ?

It looks like the Max Verstappen subject is as volatile as the Lewis Hamilton's one. Clearly these guy are stirring up more passion on the Ferrari forum than Vettel !!!

3. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    Ciao Andrew, perhaps in the heat of the moment but a little hars descision...Imo Bas is quite informative and the others also contribute relevant info in the F1 thread.

Well perhaps you can reconsider your descision as during the race we need some unbiased input :)

Ciao
    Oscar

4. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Your comments don't help

stavura, NeuroBeaker and P.Singhof like this.
  5. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Juan-Manuel Fantango has been given a 24 hour ban for P&R out of bounds.

Oscar,

I gave them a few days instead of a month each. The lack of their input during the race is their fault for failure to behave as gentlemen, not mine for enforcing the rules of the forum.

How informative any given poster is considered to be does not excuse personal attacks. The bans will be served to completion.

All the best,
    Andrew.

E60 M5 and BMWairhead like this.
  6. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Max has certainly livened the sport up a notch, and got people talking. In a similar way to when Gilles arrived in F1. Fortunately Max has not yet had crashes with similar consequences as Gilles' accidents. For that we should all be grateful.

I am certain MV will be a Ferrari pilot before he's 30.

7. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    I think Max kept his nose clean after trying valiantly to pass Bottas in the 1-2 complex. I assume he was under strict orders to finish the race. He acquitted himself well by gaining a well deserved podium.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  8. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Verstappen did Canadian GP "on his own" after Red Bull talks - Horner

9. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Verstappen still a child says Villeneuve

JUNE 11, 2018

Jacques Villeneuve has hit out at Max Verstappen for threatening to "head butt" journalists in Montreal.

On Thursday ahead of the Canadian grand prix, struggling Red Bull driver Verstappen issued the threat when asked about his spate of recent crashes.

"The journalist's role is to report facts, even if Verstappen answered the question a hundred times," Villeneuve told Le Journal de Montreal.

"The responsibility of the driver is to answer -- if the question is justified. But Verstappen had no right to take offense and react in that way," he added.

"You need to be aware of your mistakes in order to progress, and he has not done that. Instead he showed a lack of respect and education.

"In some ways he is still a child. He was dragged out of the cradle and put into a car. That's probably why he is not at Ricciardo's level and even looks bad.

"If Red Bull considers him to be the future, he must beat his teammate. In the meantime, the opposite is true. He is overrated," Villeneuve concluded.

10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Jacqie, the question was already asked and answered...

2ndly has no one ever noticed that ALL drivers tend to be ruder to the newspaper lot compared to say the guys from Autosport asking a question?

11. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    With all the talks and comments on how Max is/was not learning from his mistakes (which I partly understand) I saw an article about this and how high he would have been in the standing without those issues. it was third and only a few handfuls away from the nr one position.

Now imagine that Max continues the way he drives from now on. That will make him a serious outsider the championship.

Taking history into account, Ferrari might not be able to maintain there current strength ( or Vettel might collapse again..)
    And on top Mercedes is struggling at least more than they did the last four years.

If indeed Max has grown up by now, something that most seems to want, than he could be a serious contender. Remember, we have still 14 races to go.

12. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Max drove an excellent race. The kind of racing he should be driving a majority of the time. This, I would think will help him put the earlier problems behind him. We shall see of course.

vinuneuro and Bas like this.
  13. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

It has been reported that Max Verstappen attended the Canadian GP without his usual entourage; his "management" team and his family.
    He did so on the advice of Christian Horner, apparently, and he was calmer and less stressed all weekend.
    Having an interfering father in the pits all the time must put some pressure on Max, and perhaps goes against the team's wishes.
    After Max' first win, Jos Verstappen said his son had reached maturity and didn't need his coaching anymore.
    But his presence was still felt in the background, and he was also seen commentating every aspect of the proceedings during a race week end.
    Maybe Horner thought that Max' close followers had a distracting effect on him, or probably were putting too much pressure?

vinuneuro, jgonzalesm6 and Bas like this.
  14. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Nothing to see here.

So much BS again, Max Verstappen was already attending races alone since the beginning of last season.

15. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I've seen his father in the pits a LOT

Bas and william like this.
  16. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    One of the reasons it’s being talked about is because Christian Horner mentioned it...IOW, it may have been happening, but for whatever reason, CH attached some change of mindset to the fact that it was the case last weekend.

17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'm sure I've seen him at nearly all races in Max's career. He missed one at some point last year and that became ''news''.

william likes this.
  18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    That must have been when he was arrested for assaulting another guy while drunk.

19. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I think that was Jos and his dad...

But not the same weekend.

20. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Nope, he actually and deliberatly didn't go to more than a couple of races last year.

21. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    This isn't the place to discuss Brexit. Please use the P&R forum. Posts deleted.

No bans applied on this occasion. Happy Father's Day.

All the best,
    Andrew.

375+ likes this.
  22. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    With the risk of being called a fanboy i really think that, with all the talks about leclerc being the savior for Ferrari, Ferrari should had put ALL their efforts in getting Max on board.
    The display today, again, showed that despite all the new talents around, Max is truly from a different leage. Driving an underpowered Red Bull and still achieving all he does ( including really wrecking Rici, who was just a few years ago regarded amongst the highest) makes MAX to the one that every team should be aiming for in signing.

I'm sure next year Leclerc will do oke, and Vettel will too. But if you want to win, you simply need something special.

Finlander and Bas like this.
  23. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Really have to agree here. I'm sure Verstappen has a performance clause in his contract, so if Honda fails to deliver he's a free man. Though it's a big step to take, leaving Red Bull into the mess that is Ferrari.

Whilst Verstappen makes the odd mistake, I don't think he'll have made the ones that Vettel has made.

Verstappen had a storming drive again. Frankly, he made Vettel's and Lewis' drives (in better cars) from back to the front end look rather...amateuristic. He passed with supreme conviction and most where made without DRS.

Whilst I give Ricciardo a pass (moving to another team, I believe Singapore was the last time he was allowed inside crucial team meetings regarding parts and whatnot), he really did wipe the floor with him. The drive was special. How he made those tyres last is beyond me.

24. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Verstappen should eat a bit of humble pie and accept that he owes part of his performance today to his RENAULT pu ( aka TAG-Heuer).
    No doubt encouraged by the Red Bull management, he has been vociferously criticising Renault all season for his lack of results.
    I can't wait for next year, to see if the Honda unit brings him more success.
    I wouldn't bet on it...

25. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Strong performance, of course, but bear in mind that he had nothing to lose in taking risks.

Verstappen wasn't fighting for the championship so has no responsability on his shoulders like Hamilton or Vettel.

Whatever happens they will put the blame on Renault anyway !!