Max Verstappen | Page 59 | FerrariChat

Max Verstappen

Discussion in 'F1' started by CRG125, Aug 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    No he wasn't, pretty sure Hulk is a better driver....

ypsilon likes this.
  2. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Wrong again, Ferrari contacted him and wanted him, unfortunatly for Nico, it's rumored that he asked too much , too soon and they turned other way...

3. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I was going to write the exact same thing, i'm tires of people using this BS as an excuse. In 1990 Ferrari had probably the ebst car and Ayrton only bat Prost by ramming him at Suzuka. Alesi tok the best possible decision for 1991, anything else would only be possible if he had a crystal ball.

4. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Wrong again William. Alesi signed for Williams alright, and wanted to drive for them, but Frank Williams (being Frank Williams) was negotiating mansel return and refused to announce Jean. Ferraeri wanted him and Alesi said no, because he had already a contract, But Frank kept missing the dates he had agreed with jean to announce him, and when Alesi discovered they were trying to get mansell and holding him to prevent Ferrari to sign him, only ten did he started talks with Ferrari, who bought his contract from Williams, wich they were happy because they already had gotten mansell.....wich was pretty stupid from them and probably costed Willoiams the 94 and 95 title.

5. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I'll sure be glad when the 2019 season starts, so you "wankers" change the subject. :)

tifoso2728, 375+ and DF1 like this.
  6. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

+1 More Max conflict lol. :)

G. Pepper likes this.
  7. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    It's crazy that every player in the PGA is respected But when it comes to F1 it's a different story and a sad one at that

william likes this.
  8. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 agree. All wankers should henceforth be confined to BRL and P&R;)

G. Pepper likes this.
  9. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Wich just goes to show how useless stats are when you compare drivers talent

stavura, daytona355 and Bas like this.
  10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Coulthard is ****ing hilarious off-camera. Really nice guy.

11. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Ofcourse, he was in a top car.

Coulthard was a good driver, but not great. He's the first to admit such himself.

Anyway.. let's get back to slagging off Max and any other driver that doesn't win WDC's :D

stavura and daytona355 like this.
  12. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I am sick and tired of that lame argument being used to denigrate someone's achievements.

DF1 and F2003-GA like this.
  13. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    You only have to prove it isn’t true, and everyone will stop.... go on, prove it. Otherwise, you should realise everyone is entitled to their opinion about all drivers, past or present. We listen to your ridiculous hatred towards Schumi, so you can listen to everyone else’s opinion of them all

ypsilon, stavura, 375+ and 1 other person like this.
  14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I liked coulthard when he first came into F1, but he accepted his number two role far too easily, firstly to Damon Hill, the perennial journeyman champion, and then to Hakkinen and others. He really was never able to rise above number two performances. His record looks pretty good because on his day, and when PERMITTED, he was able to bring the car home, bearing in mind his wins were in the class of the field Williams and then McLaren cars...

Hulk, I don’t know, he’s consistent, but does he have that extra percentage of skill to justify a top drive? Maybe, maybe not. Ferrari thought they saw something in him, but that does t always equate to a great driver (look at Perez, everyone on the grid wanted him after he battled with Alonso in a bag of bolts, a year at Maclaren and his ship sailed away real quick)

SimCity3, Bas and 375+ like this.
  15. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
  16. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Whilst I agree that Hulkenberg is the top of the line of the mid field, I do take a driver that has got beaten by a teammate and then proclaims the guy that beat him as ''one of the best'' with a pinch of salt. Sainz, as the (vastly) more experienced driver got his ass handed to him by a spotty faced Verstappen, and grew to dislike each other quite quickly. When Max was off to Red Bull we started hearing all the big talk from Sainz...Now it's the same with Hulk (although no evidence of in-team fighting).

I believe that Sainz is just a little slower than Hulk, but both are behind the real top guys (Ric, Max, Elton, Vet). One way to find out if that holds true is simple: If Ricciardo is on Hulk's pace or proves faster...that's that. As much as nothing in it between the two over a season perhaps some big teams have an extra option for when a fast guy leaves....

My prediction is that Ric will beat Hulk early on convincingly over the season.

SimCity3, stavura and daytona355 like this.
  17. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    It will be an interesting match up for sure. This is the first time that Hulkenberg will be measured against a true front line teammate. I think that he will do better than many expect.

Bas likes this.
  18. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'm genuinely intrigued what will happen.

375+ likes this.
  19. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Was this video, of Max karting at age 11 (and winning), ever shown on this thread? If it already has been, I apologize.

20. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Awww.. the poor little chap hasn’t changed at all, still the chubby faced little fella! Hahahahahahahahaha, that video could have been from last weekend!

21. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    I've read, Ferrari stated they are not interested in Max. Whatever their plans are, winning the WDC and WCC is clearly not. Even the biggest haters cannot longer deny his quality.

Any team with the will and possibilities to win ( RB, MB and Fer) should do all they can to keep/get Max in their team. Stating that you are not interested in Max looks like stating you are not interested in winning. Well, looking at how Ferrari has been managed for the last decade, it is not really a surprise actually.

I think Alonso was right all along: becoming WDC with Ferrari is impossible.

22. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Maybe it is simply Max not interested in Ferrari... and instead of stating "we are interested in Max but he does not want to come" it is easier the deny the own interest...at least in PR, it might look different in more private ambience

Nortonious, Bas and st@ven like this.
  23. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

But William has stated many times on Ferrarichat that Max is not WDC material.

Therefore Max will never be a WDC

:D:D

24. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Very cool. Thanks for posting. Makes you wonder what the other kids were thinking when they see a former F1 driver prepare his son for the race.

Reminded me of a scene Newey describes in his book: His son went kart racing and Newey helped him get ready while friend Mark Webber was giving the son tips on how to drive.

25. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    If William says this, it must be true.