McLaren appeal - It is all over | Page 2 | FerrariChat

McLaren appeal - It is all over

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifosi12, Oct 29, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    This has been suggested many times, myself included. We will really never know ... seriously. Believe what you want to believe, I most certainly will and to be honest not really sure what went on and who started it for what reasons.

We have:
    1. Ferrari paniced post MS era and was staring down the barrell of another 21 year drought (if F1 lasts that long). Thus tricked McLaren. Against this theory is that Ferrari's pace was good at the beginning of the season and this would have to have been setup BEFORE the season started. But still possible because really crafty people have backup plans ...
    2. Coughin and Stepney really were simply trying to gather as much information as they could from Ferrari AND McLaren so when they both moved to Honda they could become the "F1 heros" and turn Honda around. Plausible but then Coughlin made a big mistake by using this information too soon and thus blew their plan.
    3. McLaren simply got caught because they "over used" the information they gained. If they had simply just used the brake (etc.) information and NOT protested against Ferrari (Melbourne GP regarding moveable floor) then this probably would never have been an issue raised before the FIA. Instead this protest made Ferrari, in particular, wonder how they knew ...
    4. The FIA and Bernie have had an issue with Ron Dennis for years and really this was another bring Ron down to size exercise, supported fully by Ferrari as the FIA and Ferrari are "in together for the long haul". If you look back at the politics regarding the break away series this is very plausible ...

Pete

2. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    Well, as lounge singer Tom Petty once (correctly) said, well - you can believe what ya wanta believe -

but, you don't have to live like a refugee...

3. Lindsay_Ross

Lindsay_Ross Formula Junior

May 14, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Lindsay Ross
    HAHHA!

Seasons must change, separate paths, separate ways. If we blame it on anything, lets blame it on the LH.

I never thought i'd see a Crue quote on FChat. Haha. Someone needs to do a compilation of all of LH's mistakes and weeping sorrow and put it to "Girl Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)"!!

HAHAHAHHAHA

4. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    If we did one of Massa, we would need to use a Wagner opera as no other song is long enough... :p