McLarens & Reliability | FerrariChat

McLarens & Reliability

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by Boxer365, Feb 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Boxer365

Boxer365 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 8, 2006
    Europe
    aaronrgonz likes this.
  2. aaronrgonz

aaronrgonz Karting
    Miami 2018

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gonzales
    Good insight, you have had quite the collection.:D

The only question is...which is your favorite?

3. Boxer365

Boxer365 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 8, 2006
    Europe
    675LT Spider :)

4. Paul Mansell

Paul Mansell Rookie

Mar 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Paul Mansell
    I am not an owner, yet....

However, people seem to forget these things are machines. No matter how good the brand or factory things can go wrong and have faults. I have heard many other brands of the same nature have many issues. Yes, you pay a lot for the car to get quality, performance and hopefully reliability. If and when I do own a car of this nature I wouldn't be too upset if it had an issue. The only thing I do expect is good service and my car looked after when in for a service.

5. aaronrgonz

aaronrgonz Karting
    Miami 2018

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gonzales
    Can't blame ya!

6. aaronrgonz

aaronrgonz Karting
    Miami 2018

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gonzales
    Issues are just a necessary evil..

7. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    My 570S has been perfect.

8. aaronrgonz

aaronrgonz Karting
    Miami 2018

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gonzales
    Gotta love it- Do you ever think you will sell?

9. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I tend to keep my cars a long time. But as I get older, I realize that it may be important to experience more cars (before I can't). Even though the 570 is blazingly quick and is almost impossible to fully exploit without a track, I might like a go with a 720 and a 600LT.

10. aaronrgonz

aaronrgonz Karting
    Miami 2018

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gonzales
    As morbid as that sounds...it does ring true haha. But either one of those other options -- cant go wrong!

11. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I have been fortunate in my life that I was always willing to step up, take a chance and experience without regret.

I left college early to play professional tennis. Being 19 and traveling around the world, along with all the irreplaceable experiences. No regrets.

Went back to school and busted it out. Spent all my tennis savings investing in my education. Came up with a unique idea and started my first practice ($400 on my Visa) that grew to 25 clinics in 6 states. No regrets.

Daily drove 308s, TRs, 348s, F40, Stradale... Drove almost all of them across the country, hillclimbs, and track days. I don't regret 1 single mile.

Bought an old Indycar (March/Cosworth 87C) and ran vintage for a season. Unbelievable experience. No regrets.

Took up racing triathlon on a dare and ended up racing all over the country until I got hurt. No regrets. If it wasn't for tri's, I wouldn't have met my wife.

My point is not to brag. My point is that these forums and life are filled with people who just can't seem to step up, pull the trigger, take a chance and experience... whether it's traveling to an unknown land, starting a business that everyone tells you will fail or buying an exotic. Our time is precious and sadly too short. Each day lost on procrastination, is a day that you will never get back. I have tried to live by the words...... We all die...... very few truly live.

12. firstkill

firstkill Rookie

Nov 22, 2011
    Pulling the trigger is tough. It’s a lot of money and I’m thinking most on the forms are stretching their budgets for it.

Every time I switch cars. My check list goes
    1. Should I get rental/vacation home
    2. Add more to college/life fund for kid.
    3. Stock pile cash for next depression
    4. Epic run at the lotto.

But im greedy and fiscally irresponsible

13. mikeyt

mikeyt Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    So. California
    Full Name:
    Mike Tinker
    I had exactly the same thought a couple months ago. Decided to go for 600lt before I find it too harsh. Will move to more of a GT car like a 720 when I get older.

chinaleeexports likes this.
  14. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    My 720S has been 100% perfect in terms of reliability. Not so much as a single electrical glitch, ever.

Gh21631 and aaronrgonz like this.