MD State Inspection Help | Page 2 | FerrariChat

MD State Inspection Help

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Ira Schwartz, Aug 22, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wahoowa

wahoowa F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2008
    _East Coast_
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Yes, MD protocol is def check the thicknesses/depth. Easy to do when the car is elevated on a drive on ramp - I have HRE wheels so perhaps more "access" than OE.

2. chris_columbia

chris_columbia Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 5, 2008
    Columbia MD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    After all this hassle, you'll still want to go to the MVA on 1/1/23 to convert registration to historic to avoid the emissions testing. Or, get an address in one of the many MD counties that don't require emissions.

ChoonHound likes this.
  3. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    No question about switching to Historic tags in January- just trying to get the car legally on the road until then.

4. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    Happy Ending: I arranged with Brian at Potomac BP to bring the car in today at 10:00 am for inspection. He promised me that Andy or Terry would take care of things, and that I was welcome to hang around for the one hour or less it would take, especially since I live 1.5 hours away.
    True to his word, they took me promptly and I was out of there in a half hour. Andy was great- clearly quite familiar with- and appreciative of- Ferraris, and a pleasure to deal with. All in all, a painless process THANKS, all!

INRange and energy88 like this.
  5. ChoonHound

ChoonHound Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2022
    Saint Michaels, MD
    Full Name:
    Lucas
  6. daoman

daoman Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 21, 2008
    Washington DC area
    Wonderful news! Glad it worked out.

7. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    Me too, thanks!
    Just picked up my permanent tag- permanent, at least, until I switch to Historic tags in January.

8. Tantura

Tantura Rookie

Jul 12, 2021
    Laytonsville
    Full Name:
    TRIPP WHALEN
    I just got a new-to-me Lusso and went to the Potomac BP because of this thread. THANK YOU! Quick, painless inspection when great people. Great experience and highly recommend!