Member warning | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Member warning

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by refarri, Oct 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gizzi

Gizzi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gezim
    Agreed. Sometimes this site is used as a platform for unscrupulous sellers taking advantage of first time Ferrari owners, or those with no idea of the market price of some items. The seller in this case seemed to make a lot of noise, without any substantiating pics, emails etc. With other members also saying they were duped by this guy, well, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taz355 and Maranello550 like this.
  2. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Now you're talking.

Hey Gary, shipping from Sydney to Adelaide wouldn't be much and I'd be more than happy to pay it.
    I wouldn't mind a "355 toolkit", even if it is a bit on the crap side...

:D

Maranello550 likes this.
  3. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Are you serious? I would NEVER DO WIRE. Like other said, you simply cannot get your money back.

mathewr likes this.
  4. Andy 355

Andy 355 Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2013
    Sydney
    Ill pay shipping on a free 355 tool kit. Although i feel id on send it back to the seller. I feel for the both of you. Not everyone on earth is a scoundrel.

refarri likes this.
  5. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    So Gary is Julie Glasby (from paypal communication) and Mike's real name is Brent?

This is such a drama. I seriously thought Mike is Asian who does not write well in English, and Gary from Hong Kong is also Asian. But now Gary and Mike are both whites with different names....I am so confused now.

I actually just want to be comical for a second here...don't mind me...carry on...Mike, I think it is your turn. Where is my pop corn?

In all seriousness, Gary or Julie, just fork out the shipping cost, get this damn kit back to Mike or Brent. Consider that your shipping cost a lesson to pay for. Then this Mike or Brent can stop whining like someone stole his candy.

6. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Get in the queue! :p

I’d have a look at it, then likely advertise it on here as “Infamous F355 toolkit”...

After being shafted badly buying a 360 steering wheel on here by someone who blatantly misrepresented the product and then disappeared when I tried to contact him, I don’t have a lot of sympathy for the seller.
    It seems that no effort was made to differentiate this particular kit from the pristine one that was advertised previously.

Having said that, why on earth would Fchat insist on putting ads (which are obviously a different item) together just because they are similar? Makes no sense and surely can only create confusion.

I’d like to see one of the admin people explain if that really was the case here, and if so, explain why.

And of course, it that wasn’t actually the case, well...

Maranello550 and Andy 355 like this.
  7. Andy 355

Andy 355 Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2013
    Sydney
    Well it seems to me its just an absolute balls up all round. Old mate pays for shipping back and chalk it up to experience. He won't cock it up again, Surely. Im all for giving a second chance. Human nature has to prevail and lets give him the benefit of the doubt at the moment. Lets finish this once and for all with no bias.

refarri likes this.
  8. Andy 355

Andy 355 Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2013
    Sydney
    And yeah it sucks to have to be the guy that has to prove themselves but you know, put it behind and pay the shipping back. That way things are back to square 1. Sometimes I've spend days on a job just getting back to square 1. And to get back there is a relief sometimes. Its not sheep stations anyway..

9. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I think I may be on to something........................ :D :D :D :D

Maranello550 likes this.
  10. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    Seeing this thread is why I ask for payment via Paypal Gift on all of my logo mats I sell. However when I started out selling anything on here I was doing paypal invoice until I proved myself as a legit seller and that buyers got exactly what they knew they were getting. You've got to earn your reputation here, but once you have it people will trust doing business with you. I don't know how I feel though about doing multi thousand dollar deals on a forum board, a 100-200 buck floor mat is entirely different than a $3000 plus set of rims...

11. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Sounds as good as offering your car as 'With full books,tools and history'....it'll be worth more than the car then.

Maranello550 likes this.
  12. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein

Andy this is his second chance,he's already had a crack at Vetroresina NL.

Maranello550 likes this.
  13. Maranello550

Maranello550 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I'll leave the rest to all you Monday morning Quarterbacks. I am back off to the Aussie section for some serious banter..........

14. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Admit it, you threw it out! ;) :) :D

Maranello550 likes this.
  15. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
    VetroresinaNL is my real name...

16. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Wow! I have used Square for all of my transactions with my banner sales. After a year and a half, their have been
    zero problems for buyer or seller.

FLORIDAsnakeEyes likes this.
  17. bh74

bh74 Rookie

Feb 2, 2016
    Silicon Valley
    Interesting. If someone misrepresented an item I wouldn't pay for return shipping. Are you out of your mind?? I do everything correctly and I lose money! Heck no!

Flea7, krazykarguy, thorn and 3 others like this.
  18. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Missrepresenting a sales is still lying. The fact this has happened before no second chances. I would charge him for more than just shipping because of the utter waste of my time.
    I would publicly give him a set amount of time to pay up and then I would sell it on here for that amount.
    As prviously said he brings nothing to fchat other than parts that are not as descibed.
    Not much of an asset for fchat as far as i can tell.

Maranello550 and VetroresinaNL like this.
  19. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I’m gonna borrow a line from the movie Moonstruck , towards the end of the movie when the whole family was sitting at the breakfast table. “Im confused “ said the grandfather. Best , Kirk.

20. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Been in sales my entire life. Sometimes things go horribly wrong for many reasons.

However, quick communication is the true show of professionalism. Respond to someone's concerns and resolve them. It's usually that easy.

Lastly, you can't claim to have integrity on a piecemeal basis. And if you don't understand this comment you have no integrity.

Resolve the issue and move forward. This site has more drama, BS than cable TV.

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  21. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I’m still waiting for someone from this website to explain if they did, indeed, group the ads together or not.
    And if so, why?

I’m also waiting for the seller to explain why, even if that was the case, he chose not to post photos of the actual kit that was for sale but instead left the new ad directly under photos of a different (pristine) kit that was sold earlier.
    Surely if the new ad was unexpectedly placed under an old ad the first thing you’d do is post saying “the pic above is not the kit for sale. Here’s a pic of the toolkit I’m now advertising”...

22. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

#97 dm_n_stuff, Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    I can't tell from the moderator side if the ads got adjusted by a moderator. I can tell you I surely did not. There is a notation about "a moderator" editing it but can't tell you what, if anything, was done.

D

23. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    The way I read it I’m pretty sure he was saying HE did it that way because of the rule changes only allowing a person the start 5 for sale threads a year. The same reason people who sell a lot on here have been starting the “storefront” posts. He obviously should have made it clearer that it was a separate item and added pictures of the new item for sale in the post. But I’m pretty sure he was just blaming the new rule as the reason he put it for sale under a previous sale thread instead of starting a new one and using up one of his only 5 a year. He was not saying a mod actually put them together but explaining he did it because of the mods rules.

VetroresinaNL likes this.
  24. refarri

refarri Karting

Aug 22, 2008
    Copy of PM conversation with moderator 'yishih'
    29 April 2017

refarri said:
    So your not allowed to advertise the same thing more than once even over a episode of years ?
    You've now put all ads for similar items in the same thread which confuses buyers..!
    Pictures and items are not the same in each ad, they are not for the same things !!
    Thanks...! This is going well isn't it ! ..Been made to feel as though I'm in the wrong here.!!
    With regard to the other issue I am taking further advise.

Kind Regards
    W
    Most of your ads don't even have pictures! I did not merge any ads that had contradicting pictures. Otherwise your text descriptions are so brief that they are interchangeable, so there is no reason why they cannot be the same ad.

A review of your threads shows you have posted the same item in different threads just days apart, which is absolutely a violation of our rules. Those ad threads are now in the archives and were not noticed at the time of posting, so it would be pointless to merge them. But you have now been given notice that this is an issue.

Yishih

Stupidity kills ... but not fast enough.

25. refarri

refarri Karting

Aug 22, 2008
    Can we split the cost of shipping this kit back to me ?
    Think this whole issue has got way way out of hand.!
    I just wanted to get a response..which I hadn't had for 2 months...!
    And the FC moderators suggested I post to get one !