Mew guy on the block - 89 Mondial T | FerrariChat

Mew guy on the block - 89 Mondial T

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by SEAL2CC, Feb 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SEAL2CC

SEAL2CC Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2005
    Hi everyone from a lurker, infrequent poster but today I consumated the purchase of a 1989 Mondial T Cabriolet. I have always loved the Pininfarina lines of the car no matter what anyone else says and the 2+2 is a + for me. Anyway, much more to follow but here is what I got, not thru eBay though (great collection of pics):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4522043841

It has a fairly long FOAtl. history and I looked at all of the service records before purchasing, and talked to the most recent owner. No formal PPI since it had been in to FOA for service, most recently in November. And I spoke with Mark McDaniel at great length about it since he knew the car and its owners. All in all I would have liked a slightly lower mileage car but everything else, use, records etc about it adds up so here I am. Love the parchment (vs tan, for me anyway) and doesn't look like hard miles given the pics. AC rebuilt @ 38k, new F1s, lotsa other stuff, windows, new top, small stuff, Ferrari updates including alternator etc etc, plus the 30k major @ 32k..

Well, I THINK I'm happy - kinda stunned ..hope not a project car - I don't think so, dealer was straight up wth me. Intercity Lines contracted to bring it up to me for keeping in my airplane hangar 'til nice weather. It will keep some other toys company..Ducati 749 Dark, Lotus/Caterham 7 and Hummel Ultracruiser plane. At home is an 01 911 C4 Tip SEAL Grey and Ducati Monster 800 Giallo. I am a lucky guy and these toys don't rule my life but I do enjoy them.

Anyway, I have not posted a lot of questions about this purchase because the archives here and other web sources made me very comfortable about my selection and decision. Some nice 89+ Ts out there lower mileage but some needing majors and $ LOTS higher. And, hate those mouse belts!!!

I'll do all the profile stuff but wanted to chime in now..

Regards,

Chris
    Richmond, VA

2. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Chris,

Congratulations and welcome. If you enjoy your car half as much as we do our '89 t Coupe, you are in for a fun time. Post some pictures when you get it home and have a chance.

John & Carol

3. PerryJ

PerryJ Formula 3

Jun 5, 2003
    N. Alabama
    Full Name:
    John Perry
    Looks GREAT, you should LOVE it !!

Congrats.

4. SEAL2CC

SEAL2CC Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2005
    I will but I don't know what else I could add to the ones above! Maybe change the background..

5. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Beautiful car. Somehow they always look better sitting in your own driveway. Things get even better when you get behind the wheel of "your Ferrari". Again, congratulations.

6. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Congrats!

The crema interior looks excellent.

Enjoy!

7. SEAL2CC

SEAL2CC Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2005
    Uhh...I MEANT to say crema..like the espesso I'm having right now!

Did many come with the tonneau, or cockpit - cover..or did they all, but not many around. Haven't seen or heard much about them or seen them advertised with cars.

Chris

8. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    Congrats! and Welcome

I too a'm new to the Ferrari world and loving every minute of it! The person I purchased my Ferrari from also had a Mondial t, but I never actually saw it. I'm sure you will have a lot of fun with the car, I know I do! The folks on the chat line are great, If you need any help or have any questions this is the place to be.(you probably know that allready).

enjoy

Kurt

There is nothing like a Ferrari, there never has been and never will be!