Mick Schumacher | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Mick Schumacher

Discussion in 'F1' started by daytona355, Aug 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Maybe, we'll have to wait and see. For now I'm sticking to an also ran...

2. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Keep hoping...:D

3. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Jacques career went in reverse. Usually you come in with a team like Sauber, work your way to a BAR then a WDC challenger when win a WDC and retire or go do something else like Indy cars. He did everything in reverse.

4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  5. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
  6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Like Ricciardo :p

subirg and TifosiUSA like this.
  7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Jaques was good, but he was very far from having his father talent!!!

TurboFreak650 and daytona355 like this.
  8. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    lol

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'm glad somebody got it. :)

10. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Next step for Schumacher is F2 says Brawn

OCTOBER 2, 2018

Mick Schumacher should not be rushed into formula one.

That is the view of Ross Brawn, who worked closely with the young German's famous father Michael during the ultra-successful Ferrari era.

Now, Brawn is the sporting boss of F1, and he thinks Schumacher needs more time even though he is currently dominating European F3.

"I'm excited that he's doing so well. There's a lot of good memories," he told the Russian news agency Tass.

"But he has to take a few more steps before he can go to formula one I think," Brawn added.

"But Mick is a very mature young man and I think he knows he still needs to develop to be ready for being a F1 driver," he said.

Brawn said Formula 2 is a logical step for Schumacher next year.

"If Mick wants to prepare properly for formula one, Formula 2 is the next logical step for him," said the Briton.

"Today we have a much closer collaboration between Formula 2 and F1 and he could learn many of the tracks."

daytona355 likes this.
  11. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  12. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Something in that photo is like a photo I remember of Michael in australia, 1993.. he hadn’t won, but the photo had the same sense around it. I’ll try to find it, sure it’s in one of the books I have around here somewhere

NEP, sammysaber, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  13. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Many congrats indeed! Onwards and upwards! :)

stavura and daytona355 like this.
  14. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Very happy for Mick! Happy that we may have another Schumacher in F1 soon!

stavura and daytona355 like this.
  15. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Would like to see it.

Think of all the advice and guidance MSC could be giving Mick right now. Hopefully he is well enough to watch his son race some day. I'm sure he would be immensely proud

subirg and daytona355 like this.
  16. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Big congrats to young Mick for clinching his first championship.

If he enters F1 at some point in the future, wouldn't it be something if he is team mate with Verstappen !

All we'd need is Benetton to re-enter :D

daytona355 likes this.
  17. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    ****ing hell..... cant you say anything nice about Michael or his family.... did he piss in your cornflakes one morning in Spa or somewhere?

Mick is trying to make his way, and Gerhard Berger is impressed.... good enough for me. Since he actually raced in F1 and managed teams and drivers, he’s got more clue than you or I. Good luck to Mick, and yes, I would absolutely love to see Mick in F1 doing well, I’d love even more to see him in the colours of the Scuderia, and if he managed wins or even a championship, it would be fantastic.

He may fall into either camp of former drivers kids - I’m hoping the better camp, so should you if you have any humility. The chance for Mick to suceed in F1, possibly emulate the father that is such a legend but that cannot guide his son save with his demonstration of strength and determination in his fight, is fantastic and a fitting tribute to Michael and to Corrina and the rest of the family that have had to live with michaels recovery.

fil, TifosiUSA, Ferraripilot and 3 others like this.
  18. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    If he's talented, I hope his talent shines. If he's not, I hope he finds some other purpose in life.

I want to see the best in F1, not just the ones with the richest or most famous fathers.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  19. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Sadlu, you’re watching the wrong sport then...

I hope Mick makes it. Yes, that’s tinged with nostalgia, but it would be great for F1 if he could handle F1 and it would no doubt bring new fans into the sport. That’s surely a good thing.

fil, TifosiUSA, stavura and 3 others like this.
  20. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    The kid is now qualified for a super license. Stroll moved from F3 to F1, but I'm not sure that was the best idea. GP3 would be a natural progression, or driving for a smaller F1 team might be ok but I'm more seeing a Lewis Hamilton type of situation for Mick in that when he does enter F1, it will be with a good team from the onset. A larger team would be more equipped to handle the frenzy that will constantly surround him.

I think what is most impressive is that he hasn't been crushed under the immediate pressure he was put under just as he entered the sport. Most any person would be crushed let alone flourish and begin to live up to the weighty Schumacher name.

NEP, Jana, fil and 1 other person like this.
  21. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    Well, we live in hope. But I reckon a talented black kid from a working class background would probably bring more people to the sport than a rich white guy with a famous name ;->

ATBNM3 and william like this.
  22. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Well said. By all accounts he seems to be a very humble person as well when he could be such a prick with that kind of money, name, etc.

daytona355 and subirg like this.
  23. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    That’s true. But just imagine if the rich white guy also turns out to be talented... They are both great for the sport.

The wrong answer is what we have today. Many untalented rich guys (of any colour) who are terrible on tv, have no fan base, and just bring discredit to the sport.

Take a bow, Stroll, Grosjean, Hartley, Erickson, Kyvatt (2019 edition), Sirotkin, Vandoorne, etc etc

fil likes this.
  24. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Bingo !!!

To catch new followers F1 needs to reach beyond the usual audience.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  25. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    what does race have to do with anything? Anyway, Schumacher is probably the most popular driver of all time, his son racing would bring many of his fans back as well as new ones

Also it's pretty clear Mick has talent. You don't win the F3 title by accident.

NEP and daytona355 like this.