For Sale - Mini Mart near Yosemite for Sale | FerrariChat

For Sale Mini Mart near Yosemite for Sale

Discussion in 'Other Parts & Collectibles' started by PeterS, Aug 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    This is a great opportunity to operate a mini mart / convenience store in Groveland, Ca. that is on the last stretch to Yosemite National Park. The location is awesome as its at the HWY 120 'Y' in Groveland for all people from the Bay Area that are headed to Yosemite (kind of a 'in your face location, "We better stop and stock up here store"). My wife's mom and dad owned it for about 30 years and became quite wealthy with it as their sole source of income. The funny thing is that unless people know that there is a grocery store in back of the mini-mart (which is about 20 feet in elevation below), most stop at the store to fill up on last minute food, beer, wine, milk, cereal, etc., etc.

The store is equipped with a very large walk-in for beer and wine. It has a utility room with two commercial sinks, one restroom for employees, room for a small deli for making sandwiches, ample room for the register and enough room for 8-10 large Pepsi / Coke / Monster, etc. supplied retail display refridgerators for beverages. Comes with plenty of retail product racks and shelves. The AC, Walk-in and all electrical is in very good working order.

UPSIDE: The location does not get any better, everybody from the SF Bay Area and north of that must drive through HWY 120 / Groveland to get to Yosemite.

DOWNSIDE:

1) At this time, there are no liquor licenses available to purchase in Tuolumne County. IMO, beer & wine is enough. Also, finding suitable employees may be an issue.

2) You will need to be open from roughly 6AM to at least 9PM. My wife's parents ran in 24/7 from 5AM to Midnight every day.

3) You will work your butt off!

The sale price that is fairly firm is $750K that includes the land. I may carry a small note for 3-5 years up to $200K. My wife's sister and her husband lives nearby so they will be able to show the store with an appointment. Shoot me a PM if you may be interested.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

360Tom, Pepsi10, crinoid and 3 others like this.
  2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Love Yosemite..I will make it a Hooters!!

GLWS!

3604u, x19er, schumacherf2006 and 3 others like this.
  3. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    In the mix for sale is a flat 30 acre parcel with a lot of trees about three miles from Groveland. Would be perfect for an RV park build or a hotel.

Regarding the store, it's still on the market. I think that labor is an issue. I spoke to a friend of mine last week in Sonora who owns an Arco store. He told me he would buy it in a heartbeat but his main problem is hiring employees. At his Sonora Arco, he can not find new hires so its him and a brother and a nephew running the place 24/7. He says it totally sucks!

4. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
    Hi Peter. Please elaborate more about the 30AC. Is it near main road? Does it have power, well etc.? Does it have any structure on it? Also what county is it in?Thanks.

5. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Yes, it's right off HWY 120. No structures, no utilities, well, etc. and is in Tuolumne County. If you want the parcel #, I can get that for you.

6. Pepsi10

Pepsi10 Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2008
    InlandNorthWest
    Full Name:
    Mike M
    #6 Pepsi10, Nov 5, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
    Thanks for posting. Interesting. A buddy owned a similar store in the Berkshires of Mass, had taken it over from his folks. Did quite well also. And then sold.
    Locals would come in and chat. Also was the local post office.
    Hard work-meaning day in, day out, and long hours. Not sure who it would be best for. Maybe a husband and wife, which was my buddy’s case, and then a couple workers to give you a break.

7. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    The success that my wife's mom and dad had with the store was the fact they were there almost every day of the year. They had two long-time and trustworthy employees which allowed them to get away here and there for 2-3 days at a time but that was maybe three times a year. Its very hard work with long hours. And God bless her parents, they saved just about every dime for my wife and her sister.

Thecadster, Pepsi10 and dinoart like this.
  8. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    The store closed escrow this week so we are down to the 30 acres. I think the timing is ripe for the land to be turned into a camping, glamping or KOA type of destination.

Thecadster, dream cars and ryalex like this.
  9. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    That may be true. If you pay for any kind of preliminary approval for utilities you may be able to command a nice price.

10. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Just the preliminary approval without dropping one wire?

11. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    And the price is?

12. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    I would think that would help a potential buyer out. I suppose that the downside is that if you are denied you'd have to disclose it.

Pete - You do need to post a price since this is different than the original ad.

3604u likes this.