Mini Remastered by David Brown Automotive | FerrariChat

Mini Remastered by David Brown Automotive

Discussion in 'British' started by Wade, Jan 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    sainthoo and Christian.Fr like this.
  2. JCR

JCR F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 14, 2005
    H-Town, Tejas
    Wade, you left out this quote. :D

"I was invited on a classic car rally," he told me. "Somebody loaned me a Ferrari Daytona. And I thought, brilliant. Until I drove it—and it was awful. We forget how bad those cars were. No power steering, no air conditioning. This was in the south of France, so it was about 100 degrees inside the car.

"Mercifully, it broke down," he continued. "I hired a little Peugeot 104, the cheapest car you can get from the airport. I got into it, it had air conditioning, radio, good brakes, power steering, the whole works. I thought, wouldn’t it be nice to mix those styles with today’s contemporary features and standards, the things you take for granted."

Christian.Fr likes this.
  3. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    On purpose actually. Glad you enjoyed that message as much as I.

I was at a Ferrari dealer a few years ago, talking to one of their salesmen, and they had a vintage Lusso on the floor. While talking about trends, I said "They need A/C, all of them." ;)

Christian.Fr likes this.
  4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    $105k and $10k extra for some limited version?! Wow...

I love the original Mini. My aunt in Paris had one and I got to drive it...it was like a go-kart and tons of fun. I'd love to import a final production year car (2000) in 2025, but keep it original though.

Christian.Fr likes this.
  5. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    It certainly sounds expensive. Any idea what a mint 2000 would cost, and to bring one over? Or maybe a perfect 25 year old car? Need an effective A/C system tho...

I owned two Austin Minis, back to back, as my DDs while stationed in Europe during the mid 80s. Fun cars indeed.

Christian.Fr likes this.
  6. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search?sort=year-desc&radius=1500&postcode=w1j9hs&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&make=ROVER&model=MINI&page=1

Rover made them in 2000 and the prices are variable with some less than $10k. You can import one into Canada and store it there since it just has to be 15 years old for them, but here in the US we're going to have to wait until 2025.

2,091 RHD "Final Editions" were made. Here's one that sold for like 10k GBP a while back. https://www.classiccarauctions.co.uk/rover-mini-cooper-sport-final-edition

7. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Good to know. Thanks.

Pondering...

8. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed