Missing Owners Manuals and Documents. simply forgetful? | FerrariChat

Missing Owners Manuals and Documents. simply forgetful?

Discussion in '308/328' started by 308 milano, Jun 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    #1 308 milano, Jun 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    Not me personally.. but I’ve owned three 308’s and have always had documentation/ manuals safely residing in a glass cabinet in our library. Not once has any of my vehicles changed hands where I didn’t provide these documents. Just curious what community thinks on the subject. An oversight or trying to recoup money left on the table? OR is this a problem and intentional when passing through a dealer or auction? Just a discussion for a lazy Saturday afternoon.

2. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

My two cents is that the majority of these situations are a result of people just being unaware of the importance of the documentation. Attention to detail is not a common strength. In most cases I do not believe that people have intentionally removed them prior to the sale. The buyer should be inspecting this anyway.

308 milano likes this.
  3. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    Many 3x8 lost their original document. I think because most of the time these car was only a "weekend toy" and owner don't care about history or "old paper". Also many cars show low mileage specially for 30 or 40 years old car ( even for F-car ) and lot was exported/imported to/from Europe and US sometime through UK or Japan … It's could be more difficult to sell a car with 40.000 miles on odo who was serviced 10 years before with 80.000 !

This is also different depending the country and the local practice. If you look at UK add, you will see many car with completed history service since day one with all service and registration document

308 milano likes this.
  4. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    There is an old thread in general forums which is "reuniting original document with the car" or Something like that. I stopped to take part of that thread because there is very few contributor. I still don't know why there are so few ?

5. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    actually, I miss spoke. My 85 Euro QV came to me missing Ferrari cloth binder, service card, warranty card but very complete service history along with service manuals.
    I have also posted in that thread about “ reuniting owners with documents”

6. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Thanks for posting this. Things I hadn’t considered

7. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    My 77 came with the OM but the wiring diagram was removed. I ended up printing it on line so I would have it. What I was really unhappy about was the tool kit was gone. As for the manual a few years later I purchased one on line. It is in excellent condition and I still have it up in a draw. I sold the car in 2014 so I'll most likely sell the manual in the future.

8. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

why didn’t you leave the manual with the car when you sold it may I ask?