Modena 360 Starfish Rims on Mondial - Lug nut question | FerrariChat

Modena 360 Starfish Rims on Mondial - Lug nut question

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by JAS12, Feb 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JAS12

JAS12 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    New England
    Full Name:
    JAS
    #1 JAS12, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    After reading and seeing many posts and pictures here about different rim styles available for the Mondial, I decided to go with the 360 Starfish rims. It is my understanding from reading these posts that the lugs pattern is the same but the center hub bore needs to be slightly enlarged. My question is what is the correct length (mm) / size of the lug nuts I need as I don't believe (and correct me if I'm wrong) my stock lug nuts will fit. Also does anyone have the ones I do need for sale?

Also, can anyone confirm the correct diameter of the center hub?

Thanks in advance for everyone's input.

2. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Pretty sure you don't need to enlarge the center bore of the wheel. I can measure my lugs when I get a chance.

3. JAS12

JAS12 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    New England
    Full Name:
    JAS
    BTW...I have an '83 Mondial QV Coupe

4. Roward7

Roward7 Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Think it’s more of an issue in relation to the wheel offset being not correct, they (360 starfish) will fit and work but might put stress on your hubs, so I have been told, maybe spacers required to correct the offset.

I am sure one of the owners who has 360 wheels on will advise..

As for Bolts/lug nuts they can be bought at various sizes from Hills Engineering (UK) they also make spacers along with other goodies for F/Cars

5. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    On my 85 QV cab with 360 wheels, the lug bolts are actually the same length F&R. The shaft length is 52 MM. This seems a little odd to me because as far as I recall, the F&R on my ex 308 were definitely different lengths and many other models of the same vintage had different F&R lengths. Thus I'm interested to know what the correct lengths should be.

The car came with them on when I bought it and I don't run spacers with the 360 wheels either.

Tire sizes are

275/40/18 rear
    215/45/18 Front

I'm putting on new tires for this summer and will bump the profile on the front up to at least 55, maybe 60 depending on size availability. The 45 in the front has far too much tire to fender gap and looks funny.

6. Karsya Eins

Karsya Eins Karting

Jun 17, 2014
    Albany, NY
    Full Name:
    Demostene Romanucci
  7. Mechanical Dad

Mechanical Dad Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2016
    East Aurora NY
    Full Name:
    Josh
    I have 04 starfish rims. Two sets of fronts. These rims were off of a late 70s 308 and required 1 Inch spacers in order to make them work due to the offset. I did not need to go with 1 Inch spacers on my car, however the lug length is 2 mm different from the front to the back so I just simply machine my new studs down to the correct length that I needed and I've had zero issues and over a thousand miles to drive time on it since then. if you do go with a standard set of front rims and rear rims you will need spacers on the rear in order to make them clear the suspension. I do have a set of Hill engineering spacers that I would love to get rid of I hope this helps. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-G930V using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister

I have circa 99/2000 stock front and rear starfish wheels on my 85 cab. It does not require 1" spacers on the back and just taking a look at the car there aren't any parts of the suspension even remotely close to hitting. Is this maybe an 86 and later issue?

9. Mechanical Dad

Aug 30, 2016
    East Aurora NY
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Possibly. I researched the infamous wheel threads and everyone keep saying that depending on which wheels you found, you may need spacers. My wheels came with everything, (tires, lugs, and spacers ). I have tons of room on my 82.

10. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I could definitely see spacers needed on rears when using (4) 360 fronts. Being narrower the wheel would need to be pushed out for better wheel/tire to fender relationship. I'm actually doing some wheel work on my car, for fun I might mount one of the fronts on the rear and see what that looks like

11. Mechanical Dad

Aug 30, 2016
    East Aurora NY
    Full Name:
    Josh
    The wheels fit perfect with no spacers . The guy I bought them from had them on a 78 308 and he needed 1 inch spacers. The wheels would rub if i used them. Not sure why he went with 2 sets of fronts, but it doesn't matter to me.

12. JAS12

JAS12 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    New England
    Full Name:
    JAS
    I'm looking to install the new wheels next week and will check on the clearances. If I need the spacers I would definitely be interested in yours. Thanks

13. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    Put 360 modulars on mine. Had to trim 13mm off of rear backspace. Shortened 360 lug bolts 13mm. Didn't want to do fronts all around because I love the big fat rears Image Unavailable, Please Login