Mondial 3.2 - A/C service points (recharge) | FerrariChat

Mondial 3.2 - A/C service points (recharge)

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by mr.modena, Sep 5, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mr.modena

mr.modena Formula 3

Nov 6, 2003
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Jaroslav Hanus
    Please, can you tel me, where are service points for A/C in Ferrari Mondial 3.2 (euro version)? Near the compressor underneath the airbox?

2. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    On my 1988 3.2 US model they are on top of the compressor, the one to the front is high, back is low side.

Best way to get at them is to remove the air box lid and intake snorkel, you will see them below the intake.

You can get to them via the right wheel arch, remove the wheel and front liner, then you can see the compressor towards the front of the engine.

I think you may have to remove the wheel, et al to remove the intake, that is the only way to get at the screws.
    Alden

3. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #3 soucorp, Sep 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    On my 88 US spec!

Good Luck ��
    Located in the rear passenger side wheel well (right rear).
    The letters "DIS" (discharge = high side) and "SUC" (suction = low side) are shown in cast letters on the AC Compressor End Plate -- i.e.,
    The hose with the smaller hex nut on the RH side is the high side.
    The hose with the larger hex nut on the LH side is the low side.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid

We had a slight leak from one of the fittings from the hose to the compressor (the large nuts). We removed both nuts, and put new o-rings in there. Then, we had a bright idea - we should put Teflon plumbers tape on the threads to prevent any future leaks that get past the o-rings.

That was a bad idea. After only an hour of driving, the large nuts had vibrated themselves loose!!! Explosively so. Ever seen an A/C system discharge all at once? It's impressive!!!!

All is better now!!!! Lesson learned.

Sid