Mondial 3.2 coupe value? | FerrariChat

Mondial 3.2 coupe value?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by johnvan8, Apr 5, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnvan8

johnvan8 Rookie

Aug 24, 2004
    Hello, I have a 1986 Red/Tan coupe with 35k. Major service done at 28k in 2000. The car has been repainted the original red color. 2 rust areas and the interior is complete but the leather is a bit dry. Otherwise a great running car with very strong mechanicals. Car is in Southern California and just passed smog on the 1st try with flying colors! What do you think the value is? I may need to sell due to financial matters. Thanks for reading.
    John

2. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    John.
    Timewise its due for another major service. I would be concerned about the rust spots you mention, especially since it was repainted allready. Where are they located and how big? I think your Mondial has TRX tires? Assuming its in otherwise good shape i would say 26ish. Coupes are hard to find and you have a good color combo. Seems like more Mondials came in off colors than other models. Best of luck.

3. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    The first thing I was going to say is that some may contend it is due for another service. Based on the OVERHWLEMING information I have seen, those belts are good for at least 2-3 more years, and likely much longer. Still, many people believe that the five years is applicable, so that is something you must deal with. Hard to say without looking at the car, but you can ask 35K, I would think, and settle for 30-32.
    Good luck.

4. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    No more than $25k tops. Needs a 30k, it's an '86, and the dry leather and repainted car won't add to an increase in value. The dry leather *may* be able to be restored somewhat.

If it was my car, I'd advertise at $28k and be prepared to take $23k-$25k pending successful PPI.

5. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Re-read the description. Sorry have to adjust down and agree with Jet X and Dave as to price.
    I do not think it NEEDS a major, but since many potential buyers may think so, you may have to contend with a misconception which passes for fact.

6. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    By what I have seen, and by what I find to be factual, these cars have a good following.

I would think $34,000 would not be out of line for an asking price. I bet someone with some leather conditioner would step up with $31,000 to buy.

Its a great car and a super color combo. Buyers are waiting.

7. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    FYI - Ferrari Market Letter average asking price for a coupe (just checked recent issue) is $26,644.

8. SEAL2CC

SEAL2CC Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2005
    Do the Leatherique bit and realize a coupl'a grand more that whatever the ending price may be.

Chris

9. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Data point.

There's a red/tan 86 Mondial coupe with 7500 miles advertised as perfect shape in the FCA newsletter for $32K

10. SEAL2CC

SEAL2CC Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2005

This car was on Ebay a month or two ago and I ran a Carfax/Autocheck on it..showed 56,000 miles at an emissions check in 2000. Might it have been an error (5,600 miles vs 56,000) I don't know. There weren't any other mileage indications on the history..unusual. I emailed the seller to "advise" him of this info and he asked how I obtained the info..not in an accusing way, but sounded somewhat clueless, like he was caught unawares.

Chris

11. johnvan8

johnvan8 Rookie

Aug 24, 2004
    and where can I get it?
    Thanks

12. SEAL2CC

SEAL2CC Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2005