Mondial 3.2 oil cooler wiring | FerrariChat

Mondial 3.2 oil cooler wiring

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by GeorgieM, Aug 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GeorgieM

GeorgieM Rookie

Dec 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    George Melanis
    Does anyone know where the relay for the oil cooler fan leads to. I have three wires and it appears an aftermarket relay. One goes to the fan obviously. The other to a power source. I thought this was the starter power cable but a diagram appears to show it goes to the ignition coil and the third I assume goes to some sort of sensor on the block to signal that the oil needs to be cooled via the fan. Any ideas?

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    #2 Steve Magnusson, Aug 4, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    The SPC shows the sensor (thermoswitch) for the oil cooling fan is item 15 mounted on the oil cooler radiator:

https://www.ferrariparts.co.uk/diagram/ferrari/32-mondial---cabriolet/022-lubrication-system

(But I recall that there should be 4 wires on the relay -- +12V power to run the fan motor, the connection going to the fan motor, +12V from the ignition system to run the relay coil, and the ground signal from the thermoswitch, when closed, to the other side of the relay coil.)

3. AndruL

AndruL Karting

Apr 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    AndruL
  4. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    On the US quattrovalvole diagram, there is no relay in the circuit controlling the oil cooler fan:
    - the negative wire controls the fan via the dedicated oil cooler fan thermo-switch
    - the positive is ignition controlled