Mondial 3.2-what's it worth | FerrariChat

Mondial 3.2-what's it worth

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by JoeZaff, Jun 17, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I am looking at a Mondial 3.2 cab red/tan, just under 50K on the clock. Most service records, just had a complete major and top-end rebuild. Exterior/interior look very clean. What is a fair offer. I am thinking around 30-32K. Thoughts? Any advice would be appreciated.

No exact numbers, just a good ball park.

2. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I think you should be in the high 20's at the most, with that mileage. A guy has been trying to sell an 86 3.2 cab blk/sand in Hemmings for over a year now and cant get $35K for it with 16k miles and a fresh major. I too have been looking for one and prices seem to be all over the place, however I will say that the ones that are in the $30's with mileage above 40k seem to be not selling, no matter what the color combo or service history.

3. Max4HD

Max4HD Formula 3

Jun 20, 2006
    Florida
    Joe, I think your in the ball park.

Do a PPI and work out the right number for you.

Buy the best example you can afford.

The 3.2 is the Mondial to get (the search function will tell you way) and having the option to drive topless adds to the fun factor.

Good Luck!

Cheers

4. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Is it just me or does it seem it is easier to sell 8-track cassettes than a "high" mileage mondial. It has been hard for me to gauge price because I keep seeing the same prices online---but none of the cars are selling!!!! I have seen more than one Mondial on sale for close to a year. This makes me a little concerned. It's like marrying a pretty girl before she has even opened her mouth. If things don't work out...I am stuck with a pain in the A$$.

So I am trying not to insult the guy, but I think JayF may be right. Maybe the real world value for these cars is actually in the 20s!

I imagine the PPI on this car will find nothing of important--the car was gone over by a top flight mechanic. The top end was rebuilt from scratch and you can actually eat off the engine compartment. That being said, if I buy the car and the economy actually does tank, I may be forced to eat off her, because she will be the only thing I won't be able to sell :).

5. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay

Joe
    I am having de-ja vou reading this. This is exactly what I have been going through for the last 8 months trying to find a 3.2 cab. The blk/tan that I was speaking of earlier, I was very close to buying for 35K, but then when I started adding up what I had to do to it -new wheels and tires (original metrics and orig tires still on the car) I would have been into the car for in the high 30's and quite frankly nice car or not, we are going into a recession and if I ever had to sell out of the car, it could easily drop into the mid 20's. That is not a loss I was willing to take, hence I passed on the car. For some reason, I dont think the owners who are selling the 3.2's these days are very realistic with the numbers. This opinion is probably shared with potential buyers as you still see the same cars for sale month after month. Just for kicks go on Ferrari Ads. Every mondial on there is at least 3 months old , some of them are up to a year. Lets face it , I really like the mondial, but unfortunately that sentiment is not shared with most of the Ferrari community, hence the needed low price to move the car. Good luck with you search