Mondial 3.2 wheel opinions Forgestar M14 | FerrariChat

Mondial 3.2 wheel opinions Forgestar M14

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Razzouk, Feb 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Razzouk

Razzouk Rookie

Feb 3, 2018
    Jerusalem
    Full Name:
    Wassim Razzouk
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Hi all.

I was playing around with my iPad Pro and did the following images for wheel options I’m considering on my soon to come Mondial 1988 cabriolet. I love the Forgestar M14 I think it would fit very nicely. And since the interior is tan, I thought that maybe gold wheels on the red exterior would look nice.

What do you guys think?

Also if anyone could help me with the correct sizes (offset and width), I am thinking to go 18", tires 255 rears and 215 fronts.

Your expertise and opinions would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

2. Razzouk

Razzouk Rookie

Feb 3, 2018
    Jerusalem
    Full Name:
    Wassim Razzouk
  3. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    I like those, but think 17" looks more "right" in proportions.

Guido

Razzouk likes this.
  4. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Looks aside, you will loose alot of ride compliance with 18's, and probably would work better on a hardtop rather than a cab, the cab structure is not as rigid. Might also work better with the t, the manual steering heaviness might be more than you want with the 88 cab. The offsets make a difference in the steering feel. But there are others who have put on 18's, perhaps they can weigh in as to any functional issues.

Razzouk likes this.
  5. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    coupe with all silver I like the best

Razzouk likes this.
  6. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
  7. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Was just reading an old road test of the 308 GTO, and they noted all the delicacy of the steering of the standard 308 was gone as a result of the wider wheels and tires, and had twitchy at limit handling. It was not a well rated car in period, despite its current iconic collectible status.

I suspect those with the bigger rims on their Mondials enjoy the handling anyways, but a back to back comparison with a stock rims on a well set up car would probably seriously favour the stock setup for ride compliance, steering feel and turn in, etc. I think 17's are the limit for the Mondial that still preserves some semblance of driving quality. The Forgestars do evoke the OEM style and look quite nice. The modular current Ferrari wheels look great on the Silver car, might not work as well on other colours that would draw too much attention to the wheels. Srephwed, did you notice a change in the handling dynamic, I presume those are 18's with spacers or machined for the preferred offsets?

Razzouk likes this.