Mondial 3 litre qv | FerrariChat

Mondial 3 litre qv

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by garyrolls, Aug 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. garyrolls

garyrolls Rookie

Apr 24, 2021
    bristol
    Full Name:
    gary adams
    Morning,My 1984 Ferrari mondial qv has developed a fault.The car starts & drives fine ,after 10 min the engine will lose power as if it s running on 4 cylinders,When this happens if I switch the car off & re-start the engine it clear it self, Have any one any idea what the problem could be ? Thanks Gary.

2. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    I presume it does have a k-jet? Have you cheked the control pressure when warm? Make a search on WUR (Warm-Up Regulator).

3. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    It has two ignition systems. Next time it starts running poorly, pull over and try to determine which bank is not running. Then you can start your diagnosis. Possible ignition box issues, could be a coil. The fact that is clears with a key cycle leads me to think it is the ignition box in the trunk.

4. garyrolls

garyrolls Rookie

Apr 24, 2021
    bristol
    Full Name:
    gary adams
    Thanks ,please could you tell me where the box is situated

5. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    On my 83 coupe they are located in front of rear wheel on the drivers side, you need to pull the inner fender to access.
    Are there 2 relays for the ignition? Check the fuse box cover. Could a relay be failing?