Mondial T does not start | FerrariChat

Mondial T does not start

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Naumoski, Aug 31, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Naumoski

Naumoski Rookie

Aug 31, 2022
    Hello guys, I have bought a ‘94 mondial T recently and it has been working fine but suddenly the motor doea not start.

I am very new to evetything and don’t know how to solve it. But what I think is that it might be due to some kind of oxidation in the starter motor since I am suspecting that the service has washed the motor ..

Do you think it could be that?

If so is there anyone who can help me how to reach the start motor and clean it ?

Thank you & Regards

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Cantering1

Cantering1 Karting

Mar 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Miguel A Serrano
    Congrats! Love the car...

These Mondials were fitted at some point with a starter relay kit (bosch), to solve a voltage loss issue to the starter relay when hot. This was a formal factory recall/bulletin. These relays go bad, and if so, you would get no start at all even when cold. If you have it installed, it should be attached, or near, the right side coil pack aluminum mounting block; near shock. In mine it was not really as per the factory instructions location, but you will see it. I had to replace it. $20.

3. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    Check to see if you are getting power to the starter, check your ground connections too. More info needed.....
    Alden

4. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Always start with the basics. Is your battery new? I can see the dash lights on but presume your car is not cranking.

5. 83Mondialqv

83Mondialqv Formula Junior

May 18, 2021
    New York
    Full Name:
    Vito L
    That’s was my issues my lights on the dash turned on but the battery wasn’t holding charge. I would charge the battery and it Would start. I put in a new optima yellow top battery .

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

moysiuan likes this.
  6. Wingnut

Wingnut Karting

Feb 11, 2005
    Corolla, NC
    If I don't disconnect the battery after parked, or forget to plug in the battery trickle-charger in the garage, my Mondial t will drain the battery in a few weeks, or less.
    Has something to do with electrical stuff still running even with the key removed from the ignition, so I am told.
    Maybe its why the battery disconnect knob was installed by Ferrari (under the hood) in these models 30 years ago.