Mondials For Sale | Page 126 | FerrariChat

Mondials For Sale

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 123howie, May 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Im intigued by the 3,2 at beverly hills car club, wonder how much work it needs

2. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
  3. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    This one rolled for $77K, that's cool. I'm trying to think of what '88 3.2 coupe could bring (pics in my 'Would I like a Mondial' thread). There is 80K on the clock. The car has had a full engine-out and drive train rebuild, all new lines, front to back, all suspension rebuilt, fresh paint, nice wheels and $$$ tires, about $55K in fresh receipts. The exterior is (IMO) pushing a 9.5 and the interior is probably a solid '7' and the car drives like a scalded dog (for it's horsepower :)). Could it fetch $70K? More?

4. Natkingcolebasket69

id think more like 35 !

5. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    dude it's Alex Manos...double whatever figure you think it needs, then add $10K+ more :)

6. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Your price point estimate is interesting.

peterp likes this.
  7. Natkingcolebasket69

oh i know... id never buy there...im intrigued not suicidal :)

19633500GT likes this.
  8. Natkingcolebasket69

9. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
  10. Natkingcolebasket69

Right and the WOB bids were not to inflate the bids ?
    i am not saying the work was not done... but the way the bids worked was nauseating... and it happens often. not a reflection of your work but the platform as a whole

11. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    What are direct experience are you basing these wild accusations on? Where are fake receipts the norm on BaT? What's the point of a shill bidder in a NO RESERVE auction?

12. Natkingcolebasket69

#3137 Natkingcolebasket69, Apr 30, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2024
    The point is so that his/her friends make as much as possible boosting the auction as much as possible...
    X is friends with Y comes up at the auction bids a little making sure it gets some interest but then disappears... Happens way too often. Feel free to disagree , not my money anyways :)

That being said, on the other side of the coin, seller stated he is at 90k in the car (6k of detailing semeed extremely high btw), for a car with 57k miles. Seller is experienced stating they have sold $50million worth of cars which i totally believe, so at a minimum we can agree that seller did not do well on that car...

https://www.autosportdesigns.com/vehicles/2124/1989-ferrari-mondial-t-cabriolet

That car is way more worthy of being 90k in if im honest

13. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #3138 peterp, Apr 30, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2024
    Except with "no reserve" auctions, it's easy for his friends to get stuck with the winning bid. Reserve is different -- but in live auction houses from the famous names, it's common for the house to run up the bid with fake bids to get the price to just under reserve.

I think BaT is a pretty good platform. Cars used to be insanely expensive on BaT when they were ridiculously limiting on what cars can be run, but now that they've increased volume, I often find it to be reasonably priced. Also, the fact that you (and other experts that may know more than you) can have open dialog with the seller is a huge benefit. In live auctions from the famous names -- it's very common for there to be "deception by omission" in the listing descriptions. They leave out information that creates a false impression -- the only way to figure it out is for the buyer to do significant due diligence, which isn't easy since you must go see the car (or send someone to go see it for you) to sort it out.

14. buzzm2005

buzzm2005 Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Buzz
    EpicTech71 and sixcarbs like this.
  15. buzzm2005

buzzm2005 Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Buzz
    Crickets?

16. vinny72758

vinny72758 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 5, 2011
    Rogers, AR
    Full Name:
    Vince
    Could uae some more info to draw reaponses, such as price, pics, link to an ad if there is one. Link to Auto Elite's site if they are selling it.

Otherwise, it's a pic saying it is still for sale and nowhere foe potential buyers to find it quickly.

Saying this as an interested party.

Vinny

17. Natkingcolebasket69

The car was for sale on BAT. Seems nice, need major , there were some questions on BAT about the mileage which seems to be a clerical error

vinny72758 likes this.
  18. buzzm2005

buzzm2005 Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Buzz
    Thanks for the feedback.
    So all essential info incl. pix can be found at https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-ferrari-mondial-t-cabriolet-20/
    The car is now back home in NYC.
    Any interested parties should reach out to me via Conversations here on fchat.

vinny72758 likes this.
  19. buzzm2005

buzzm2005 Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Buzz
    Car was indeed on BaT. Very disappointing auction; not many people in the room that day, I guess.
    Age-wise, strictly speaking yes, she should have a major. But she has only gone 4000 miles since the last one and those miles were not in one go. The car is run regularly and the fluids get hot, lots of flow through the engine, etc. No warranty here but I am sure she does not absolutely require one or Vinny at AutoElite would have said "you need it" because he's told me about other things I've *needed* with this car.

The CarFax thing is clerical. I bought the car nearly 19 years ago with 15K miles on it. And now she has 33300 miles. In Dec 2020, I got a new battery from Ferrari New Jersey (Edison) and the miles at that time were 32400 (I keep records). It is ENTIRELY possible someone keyed it in backwards e.g. 34200. I can't change CarFax but I assert it is wrong. 33300 is the mileage.

20. djs308

djs308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    David S.
    I encountered something similar many years ago. There was a 308 for sale I went to look at, but it came with a CarFax red flag for a mileage discrepancy. I did some research and it looked VERY much like a clerical error. I contacted CarFax directly about the issue and they said that basically it was out of their control and they were not interested in correcting the error. This after I pointed out the discrepancy and the likelihood it was a typing mistake, and not fraud. They didn't care. Felt bad for the seller since they had to deal with someone else's error being stapled to the car's permanent record. Not cool on the part of CarFax for not even investigating. Hope their policies have since changed but no idea.
    GLWTS!

21. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    Carfax sucks. End of story. Get a PPI and you'll know more than a Carfax and know that the mileage counters on our cars are not that accurate and most people arservice centers are stupid, stupid, stupid stupid.
    Alden

22. Veloce.

Veloce. Rookie

Sep 11, 2023
    NL
  23. Dr-Boost

Dr-Boost Rookie

Jun 21, 2018
    Full Name:
    IAN THOMPSON
    Hi All, unfortunately I am in a positon where I have to sell my Mondial!

Details below:

For sale is my 1982, (1 of 145 RHD), Ferrari Mondial 8 in Rosso Corsa over crema leather complete with original build sheet.

This car has just undergone a 4 year restoration. The restoration story and pictures can be seen here:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/1982-mondial-8-restoration.637179/

and on Instagram @tsvcars https://www.instagram.com/tsvcars/
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    The car is tax and MOT exempt and I have put 8 miles on it since the restoration (this may go up slightly).

I'm not sure what words can say that the pictures don't but here goes...

I bought this as a restoration project and just as it is finished I get a job in another country!

This car has been gone through from top to bottom and is 99% finished.

New parts include (not exhaustive list):

Bare metal respray
    Windscreen
    Heated rear screen
    Complete new/refurbished and correctly set fuel system
    Engine rebuild
    Solid stem valves
    Valve guides
    Head gasket
    Water pump
    Clutch master cylinder
    Clutch slave cylinder
    Stainless steel clutch hose
    Copper brake pipes
    Stainless steel brake hoses
    Rebuild driveshafts
    CV boots
    Oil pump bearings
    Renewed interior
    New head cloth
    Ferrari 348 wheels (original metric wheels and tyres are included)
    Spark plugs
    All chrome renewed
    Cam belts, and tensioner bearings
    New front lights
    Many many more parts

All parts were original Ferrari or original OEM.

The car looks awesome in person and I wish I could get to enjoy it but I know it will only sit in storage and not get used while I am away.

I've no doubt this car will give someone many pleasurable and trouble free miles.

For full disclosure, to make the car 100%, here is what remains to be done (I may get to some of these in the next month)

Headlight lifting motor connections
    Indicator relay replacement
    Right hand door latch (new one in box as original sticks now and again)
    Put on Pininfarina badges
    Attach wiper washer bottle
    Plug in horns

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Ian

24. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
  25. Veloce.

Veloce. Rookie

Sep 11, 2023
    NL
    Thanks! Any others remarks at this car? I might me interested!
    Considering a QV in silver or blue as a family friendly classic.

This is another one on my list, very beautiful but it's a Swiss car and so with longer gearbox
    https://www.superfast-cars.be/for-sale/mondial-qv-zilver-ii/