More GTO look, EFI, AMG supercharger, Supertrapps and Magnaflows. | Page 13 | FerrariChat

More GTO look, EFI, AMG supercharger, Supertrapps and Magnaflows.

Discussion in '308/328' started by bert308, Aug 6, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bert308

bert308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    #301 bert308, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    And while building a spare engine for my only driver, I thought it would be nice to have a complete spare car, so I took out the Lancia and took of the head to examine what was wrong with it. It was the headgasket that burned in between two cilinders. It was always running lean and I found the 40 DCNF webers had 35 mm venturis which would be too large for a standard engine so I ordered 32 mm venturis and hope that will cure the lean running.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. bert308

bert308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    #302 bert308, Apr 14, 2012
    There are also some small rust repairs on the Lancia and while at it, I got in the mood and found a set of genuine BBS RS 3 piece wheels from a 911 and made them fit on the Lancia hubs, also ordered new outer rim halves to have a set of 8.5x16 and 8x16 for 245/35 and 215/40 tires. Those will not fit well so I´ll be reworking the fender lips, they needed attention anyway. So another in between project before I´ll continue on the 308.

3. bert308

bert308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    #303 bert308, Apr 14, 2012
    All this delay means I can take the 308 project to a higher quality level and instead of the reworked original Koni suspension I may be ordering Wilbers suspension from Germany, they make a high quality set for the 308 but mine will have to be customized for the longer A arms, which is not a problem for them. http://www.wilbers.de/de/carline.php?page=7
    Also my A arms are all home made from mild steel and look a bit crude, more something for an old russian tractor so I also consider to have proper tubular A arms made from moly steel. Maybe I will sent mr Morales a mail about that in the future when all the dimensions are finalized as the fiber panels are fitted :)

4. Hans

Hans F1 Veteran

Feb 17, 2006
    Hilversum, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans Teijgeler
    Nice. But why pay twice what you'd pay for a set of QA-1's, I wonder? I ended up at around EUR 800 for al four corners, all taxes and shipping included...

5. bert308

bert308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    Well, I spoke with the guys from Wilbers a few years ago at the Essen motorshow and one of them had his own 308 on display. I was impressed by the quality (as far as you can judge by only looking) and the knowledge. They are near the border so I could just drive there if needed.
    I never really considered QA1 as they are so cheap but it seems most people are happy with them so I may reconsider when the time comes. When ever finished I will first drive it on the reworked Koni setup to determine if the spring rates are ok and what the final lengths will be for the desired ride height.

6. matumorales

matumorales Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2011
    Asunción, Paraguay
    Full Name:
    Daniel Morales
    Mr. Morales would love that! ;-)

7. bert308

bert308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    Very good, I will contact you about it when the time comes.

8. catwalk

catwalk Rookie

Jul 14, 2006
    new york city
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buyak
    any updates??

9. Pizzaman Chris

Pizzaman Chris F1 Rookie

Mar 13, 2005
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Pizzaman Chris

Yes, how's everything going Bert??

Man, how a year flys by.

10. NickH07

NickH07 Karting

Jan 19, 2014
    Greensboro NC
    Full Name:
    Nick Hawks
    UPDATES ON THE BEAST!!!! You can't leave me hanging after a read like that... Hope all is well
    Enjoy the drive,
    Nick

11. bert308

bert308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    #311 bert308, Jan 26, 2014
    Thanks for remembering guys! By coincidence yesterday I was standing by the car and thinking how to proceed...
    The fiber body parts I ordered 2 years ago (see post 297) never arrived. The seller has some history, I know of a guy in Portugal that got parts from him but after a long time. Then I got into contact with a guy in Sweden who never got his parts. I need to sent a final message ordering him to sent me the parts now, or given me my money back, might a well do that this evening. Though I consider the money lost and may start a thread in Silver subscribed asking for advice if there is anything that can be done.
    My options are, the guy in Portugal has or is making moulds for all the parts and I could buy from him, or the guy in Sweden might also be a source. Probably more expensive though than the $2800 the guy in CA was asking (I know, to good to be true). There is enough budget by now to do things properly and I will redo some things like proper suspension arms and shocks and a new interior. The problem is time, despite the "crisis" it seems I only work more in stead of less and I only have car time in the weekends but then there is always something else. Past 2 years I also bought a 1975 4 door Alfasud L and a 1976 TI. Also the Lancia is still not finished.
    Schedule is: some work on my driver '82 Alfasud, finish the Montecarlo, then the '76 TI, there is NO welding to do on this one, unbelievable, only fresh up of the mechanics and a small amount of paint. I did have build a fast road 1600 boxer with a lot of nice goodies and special Intrax suspension for the TI though.
    It will take another year before I can return to the 308. In the meanwhile I bought hard anodized alu cam wheels to replace the slightly damaged plastic ones. The engine is in the car as the safest way to store it. It was not a good idea to put on the cambelts back then, they will be replaced again when I do the camwheels.
    Also trough some deal I acquired a few sets of proper and correct Carello GTO lights, I need to resell a set of 2 inner and 2 outer lights (they are a bit different, there is an extra 5w bulb in one pair).
    Status so far, the rear was stripped back to bare frame then rebuild with new trunk wall and trunk, front will get the same treatment. I also got the front width wrong and need one more 3 inch outer ring for the Compomotive wheels, I have automated ebay search running for compomotive as I need also 1 extra 17inch TS center to have 2 complete sets of wheels.
    When there is an update, it will appear here or I will start a fresh thread.
    Some pics:

12. bert308

bert308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    A quick update...after years of inactivity I finally started work on the car again. New fchatters who never saw this thread, don't bother reading all of it!
    I discarded most of the wild plans I had, it's now back to original wheelbase regular 308 shape (but with mods) and a NA engine, probably with 4xDellorto DRLA40 (Weber 40IDF equivalent)... I bought an original steel rear clip from what seems to have been a race car with widened fender lips and will go from there. Not sure if I will start a new thread about it, but I made a facebook project page were I will post updates:
    www.facebook.com/bert308
    Now please let this thread sink back again to the archives!

13. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
  14. matumorales

matumorales Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2011
    Asunción, Paraguay
    Full Name:
    Daniel Morales
    Best of lucks, Bert! Please start a new thread on the current build! I know you'll be posting regularly on FB, but I think it'll be interesting to have some of the progress documented here as well!

15. catwalk

catwalk Rookie

Jul 14, 2006
    new york city
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buyak
    missing this project...any forward movement ??